Top 25 Talkers in WWE history

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

straight_edge76

Reaction score
WWE.com put together a list of the top 25 talkers of all time. This was the list the came up with:

25 Sheamus

24 Rick Rude

23 Santino Marella

22 The Million Dollar Man

21 The Miz

20 Jesse Ventura

19 Triple H

18 Paul Heyman

17 Edge

16 Vincent Kennedy McMahon

15 Billy Graham

14 Mick Foley

13 Hulk Hogan

12 CM Punk

11 Randy Savage

10 JBL

09 Bobby Heenan

08 Dusty Rhodes

07 John Cena

06 Jake Roberts

05 Chris Jericho

04 Ric Flair

03 The Rock

02 Roddy Piper

01 Stone Cold Steve Austin.

Agree/disagree? Thoughts? Discuss.

NinoBrown

Reaction score
As soon as I saw Sheamus I knew this list was bullshit, then I saw The Miz, and now this list just smells like New Jersey.

Reaction score
No HBK on this list already makes it null and void, having Sheamus on it makes it terribly laughable and shows signs they just slapped this together while sitting on the crapper.

1. Austin
2. Heenan
3. Piper
4. Rock
5. Flair
6. Jim Ross
7. Jake Roberts
8. HBK
9. Ventura
10. Foley
11. Jericho
12. Vince
12. Gorilla Monsoon
13. Hogan
14. Edge
15. Savage
16. Gene fuckin Okerlund
17. Billy Graham
18. DiBiase
19. Dusty- He'd be top five, but we're going on just his WWF run which was just awful
20. Triple H - he really isn't that damn good on the stic
21. Cena - when its all over for him he will be higher
22. Rude
23. JBL-seems like he should be higher, but was awesome for like 5 of the ten years he was in the E.
24. Big Show
25. toss up with Miz, Brother Love, Shane, Angle and a few others

...god...

Reaction score
Why the fuck are Santino and Sheamus on this? lmao.

Axis

Reaction score
rofl @ Edge being on there at all.

Lady Redfield

Itchy tasty
Reaction score
This is fucking gay that Piper isn't #1. Austin is an overrated smurf who probably read from a script and, even if he didn't, he said the same lame shit over and over again.

Piper made everything up on the spot. All the WWF did was give him props and then told him to 'just do something with it'.

Fuck this shit. I'm not just saying this because I think Piper is God but he is clearly the best talker they have ever had. He could work with anyone and everyone and have the segment deliver.

adhyanta

Reaction score
Pontianak, Lampung, Bandung, Jakarta - Indonesia
Holy Field! I thought we were discussing the best mic work, must've entered the wrong thread, or did I?

Maybe Kianna means that the Nexus should've been in on the list, or that Cena sucks?

Anyway, I wish that Perfect, Shawn & Razor made the list.

Airfixx

Reaction score
Nice pics, Kianna... From your personal collection, I assume...

So tell me... Which one are you?

straight_edge76

Reaction score
I for one feel that it's a travesty that Arn fucking Anderson isn't included on this list and names like Santino and Sheamus are, hell even guys like Edge are nowhere near as good as Double A was on the microphone.

But, being that this was on WWE.com I wasn't expecting a totally unbiased legitimate list, just something to put over WWE guys hence guys like Cena being so high. I am not a Cena hater, but I dont think he is in that discussion of best talker ever with the likes of Austin, Rocky and Piper. Maybe in 5-10 years but not now.

pumpt73

Reaction score
Most of the time the lists on WWE.com are garbage anyways. I don't see how you can rank guys so fresh to the general wrestling populace like Sheamus and put them in with legends.

First up, Piper is numero uno. That is a guy you didn't have to put a title on to get him over. Hell, you didn't even have to put him into a match to get him over. Put a mic in his hand and say "GO"!!!! And the fans VEHIMINTLY HATED him!!!!!!! I remember I was just starting to watch pro wrestling just around the time "The War to Settle the Score" came out. Being 6 and not understanding how anything worked, I hated that Rowdy Piper guy and loved that Hulk guy. It did it's job. Piper could make you on his show. He didn't have to do it in the ring, although he could do that as well. Roddy wasn't great, but he was sound in the ring.

I also would put Superstar Graham up in the top 10. I don't think there's been another wrestler more often imitated than him. Again, Superstar was another guy who could talk fans into the building. He was the first "Cool Heel" if you ask me. Then he gets paired with a manager like The Grand Wizard. Oh my God. Now you have double the talk coming from one mic!!!!

I know these lists are all in good fun, but I still think they should be voted on by the fans and not just thrown together by a research department.

imported_Adam

Reaction score
I know these lists are all in good fun, but I still think they should be voted on by the fans and not just thrown together by a research department.

They put Santino on the list so I don't think they can be called a research department. There's probably 25 current WWE superstars who are better talkers than he is.

Airfixx

Reaction score
^^^Yeah, cos the likes of Kofi Kingston are good enough on the mic to carry a gimmick with a 'fake' accent.....

Hang on a minute... HE WASN'T.

straight_edge76

Reaction score
Honestly, Santino isn't too bad on the mic imo... Now I am not trying to say that he is one of the all time greats, or a top tier talker currently... But as a joke jober he isn't half bad on the microphone, as stupid as I find his character he atleast can cut a halfway decent promo.