TNA's Problems

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Sabretooth

Reaction score
TBH most people probably wouldn't use the on demand service.

Fuji Vice

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
stanhansen
Favorite Wrestler
brusierbrody
Favorite Wrestler
rickrude
Favorite Wrestler
randysavage
TBH most people probably wouldn't use the on demand service.
So there's no point in trying? Boy, the world would be a pretty awful place if you and your defeatist attitude were in charge. It's not like making an attempt to run a TNA network would break them, so there's no harm in giving it a shot. Better than doing absolutely nothing anyways.

Sabretooth

Reaction score
So there's no point in trying? Boy, the world would be a pretty awful place if you and your defeatist attitude were in charge. It's not like making an attempt to run a TNA network would break them, so there's no harm in giving it a shot. Better than doing absolutely nothing anyways.

But if it fails it'll set them back even more. They're not in a position to gamble.

Fuji Vice

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
stanhansen
Favorite Wrestler
brusierbrody
Favorite Wrestler
rickrude
Favorite Wrestler
randysavage
But if it fails it'll set them back even more. They're not in a position to gamble.
Sometimes you have to take chances. Nothing else they've been doing has been working so perhaps doing the opposite will.

On the subject of TNA, will there be a live discussion tonight? I should actually be around for a change.

Sabretooth

Reaction score
Sometimes you have to take chances. Nothing else they've been doing has been working so perhaps doing the opposite will.

On the subject of TNA, will there be a live discussion tonight? I should actually be around for a change.

there will be. I'll make it when I get home

Kross Rhodes

Israel Has the Right to Exist
Reaction score
Website
wrestlingsmarks.com
Favorite Wrestler
emma
Favorite Wrestler
YA1yyED
Favorite Wrestler
frmoJZU
Favorite Wrestler
nock3cf
Favorite Wrestler
danielbryan3
Favorite Wrestler
tLCb5kv
Favorite Sports Team
WYT3shw
Favorite Sports Team
fRXTMaD
Favorite Sports Team
LechI0u
Favorite Sports Team
RHZ7KJg

Their lack of PPV is already killing them. Trying a subcription service couldn't possibly set them back any further than they already are.

Also, an on-demand service is different than a network subscription. I'm completely positive that a TNA Network app would fair much better than their previous on-demand.

They would have to go all in with it and have apps for PS4 and Blu-ray and include past and current shows as they happen live. There is zero reason not to try.

Kross Rhodes

Reaction score
Website
wrestlingsmarks.com
Favorite Wrestler
emma
Favorite Wrestler
YA1yyED
Favorite Wrestler
frmoJZU
Favorite Wrestler
nock3cf
Favorite Wrestler
danielbryan3
Favorite Wrestler
tLCb5kv
Favorite Sports Team
WYT3shw
Favorite Sports Team
fRXTMaD
Favorite Sports Team
LechI0u
Favorite Sports Team
RHZ7KJg

If anyone knows of a way I can watch it, I'll be here.

Fuji Vice

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
stanhansen
Favorite Wrestler
brusierbrody
Favorite Wrestler
rickrude
Favorite Wrestler
randysavage
I'll try and find a stream before the show begins. If I come up with anything, I'll post it in the LD thread once Sabs makes it.

Lover Boy

Certified
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
adamcole
Favorite Wrestler
d6hYDrE
Favorite Wrestler
ZIF7zVA
Favorite Sports Team
2JJnnx8
Their lack of PPV is already killing them. Trying a subcription service couldn't possibly set them back any further than they already are.

Also, an on-demand service is different than a network subscription. I'm completely positive that a TNA Network app would fair much better than their previous on-demand.

They would have to go all in with it and have apps for PS4 and Blu-ray and include past and current shows as they happen live. There is zero reason not to try.
TNA sort of do have a network. They have TNAWrestlingPlus on Youtube which is a paid subscription of $5 a month. It shows classic matches and has old PPV's there too. They could surely use this to show PPV's in the way the network does.

Kross Rhodes

Reaction score
Website
wrestlingsmarks.com
Favorite Wrestler
emma
Favorite Wrestler
YA1yyED
Favorite Wrestler
frmoJZU
Favorite Wrestler
nock3cf
Favorite Wrestler
danielbryan3
Favorite Wrestler
tLCb5kv
Favorite Sports Team
WYT3shw
Favorite Sports Team
fRXTMaD
Favorite Sports Team
LechI0u
Favorite Sports Team
RHZ7KJg
TNA sort of do have a network. They have TNAWrestlingPlus on Youtube which is a paid subscription of $5 a month. It shows classic matches and has old PPV's there too. They could surely use this to show PPV's in the way the network does.

I would separate it from YouTube and create a new app for devices to watch on TV. And they definitely need to stream live monthly PPV. I would probably charge $7.99.

PS I'll look out for that stream.

Postman Dave

Reaction score
The lack of PPV is not affecting TNA at all. It's a dying format in the wrestling business in its traditional form. TNA actually gave up on PPV before WWE & the Network did, the only problem is that their alternative (cheaper specials) didn't fill the gap.

It wouldn't hurt them to explore iPPV like the Indy's have. It'd create a wider reach for their "specials" & is probably cheaper to run than traditional PPV.

Failing to pay staff on time AGAIN is a huge problem. Doesn't matter if football teams have done so before, it wasn't a good sign for them either. Most went into administration not long after. The exits of the likes of AJ, Joe, Sting, etc. have been talked about at a great length. When your most loyal followers jump ship, you know there's trouble aboard.

Kross Rhodes

Reaction score
Website
wrestlingsmarks.com
Favorite Wrestler
emma
Favorite Wrestler
YA1yyED
Favorite Wrestler
frmoJZU
Favorite Wrestler
nock3cf
Favorite Wrestler
danielbryan3
Favorite Wrestler
tLCb5kv
Favorite Sports Team
WYT3shw
Favorite Sports Team
fRXTMaD
Favorite Sports Team
LechI0u
Favorite Sports Team
RHZ7KJg
The lack of PPV is not affecting TNA at all. It's a dying format in the wrestling business in its traditional form. TNA actually gave up on PPV before WWE & the Network did, the only problem is that their alternative (cheaper specials) didn't fill the gap.

It wouldn't hurt them to explore iPPV like the Indy's have. It'd create a wider reach for their "specials" & is probably cheaper to run than traditional PPV.

Failing to pay staff on time AGAIN is a huge problem. Doesn't matter if football teams have done so before, it wasn't a good sign for them either. Most went into administration not long after. The exits of the likes of AJ, Joe, Sting, etc. have been talked about at a great length. When your most loyal followers jump ship, you know there's trouble aboard.
WWE hasn't given up on PPV, they simply allow WWE Network viewers to view them for $9.99 a month. They still air and produce them.

Also, it is hurting TNA in both they lost a large chunk of revenue and it hurts their ability to promote the product. It's hard getting fans to care about stories and title matches when they don't build to special events and make title matches feel important. Especially when they regularly give title matches away on free weekly TV. I think there has been 3 title matches on Impact in 4 weeks.

I think we're splitting hairs because I don't care if it's "traditional" PPV, iPPV or on a subcription network, all that matters is they host monthly live supercards.

I can say from personal experience TNA dropping all but a ridiculously low TWO PPV events is one of the top reasons this super loyal TNA fan lost interest in watching for almost a year.

Sabretooth

Reaction score
People will not I repeat WILL NOT spend thirty dollars on a TNA PPV. their buy rates would be so damn low that the provider would drop them like a bad habit.

Kross Rhodes

Reaction score
Website
wrestlingsmarks.com
Favorite Wrestler
emma
Favorite Wrestler
YA1yyED
Favorite Wrestler
frmoJZU
Favorite Wrestler
nock3cf
Favorite Wrestler
danielbryan3
Favorite Wrestler
tLCb5kv
Favorite Sports Team
WYT3shw
Favorite Sports Team
fRXTMaD
Favorite Sports Team
LechI0u
Favorite Sports Team
RHZ7KJg
People will not I repeat WILL NOT spend thirty dollars on a TNA PPV. their buy rates would be so damn low that the provider would drop them like a bad habit.

First of all, TNA already had $35 PPV and they were actually able to pay their talent. Second, we're talking about getting a subscription service and charge less than $10.