TNA Slammiversary XIII Discussion: June 28, 2015

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Kross Rhodes

Israel Has the Right to Exist
Reaction score
Website
wrestlingsmarks.com
Favorite Wrestler
emma
Favorite Wrestler
YA1yyED
Favorite Wrestler
frmoJZU
Favorite Wrestler
nock3cf
Favorite Wrestler
danielbryan3
Favorite Wrestler
tLCb5kv
Favorite Sports Team
WYT3shw
Favorite Sports Team
fRXTMaD
Favorite Sports Team
LechI0u
Favorite Sports Team
RHZ7KJg
[video=youtube;7wRQcj9tEcU]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7wRQcj9tEcU[/video]

Jeff Jarrett vs Matt Hardy vs Eric Young vs Drew Galloway vs Bobby Roode - King of the Mountain Championship Match

KOTMFB.jpg

The twists and turns continue as it relates to Slammiversary and the return of The King of The Mountain Match. Last night we announced who will be competing and you heard from Bobby Roode, Matt Hardy, Eric Young, Drew Galloway and even Jeff Jarrett. Now we can announce that those competing Sunday will be competing for The BRAND New King of The Mountain Championship!

What does this mean for the future? What does it mean if, Jeff Jarrett, The Founder of Global Force Wrestling wins The King of The Mountain Championship?

EC3 & Tyrus vs Mr. Anderson & Lashley

fbEC3Tag.jpg

Jesse Godderz vs Robbie E

FBJessevsRobbie.jpg

Awesome Kong & Brooke vs The Dollhouse

fbKO.jpg

Davey Richards vs Austin Aries

FBDaveyAries.jpg

Bram vs Matt Morgan

FBBramMorgan.jpg

James Storm vs Magnus

FBSTormvsMagnus.jpg

Why isn't EC3 getting his title opportunity at Slammiversary? Could we possibly be seeing the return of King of the Mountain?

Apoho Creed

I'm the Doctor
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
OZO8olA
Favorite Wrestler
Y2tTaaf
Favorite Wrestler
q9gbHdQ
Favorite Wrestler
zPa7dqi
Favorite Wrestler
m4aw1gh
Favorite Wrestler
oLvrzSU
Favorite Sports Team
hPPsgSL
Favorite Sports Team
hlbgCD9
Favorite Sports Team
guuKKYL
Favorite Sports Team
Um6oxIS
Possible matches for the PPV

EC3 vs Angle and Rockstar Spud as the Referee
The Wolves vs Roode/Aries
Taryn Terrell vs Gail Kim-Knockouts Title the on line, with The Dollhouse, Brooke and Kong as Lumberjacks
Drew Galloway vs MVP-Loser of the match group needs to break up
Winner of the triple threat X-Division title match defends his title versus the other two guys.

I see EC3 either winning the title and the rematch at the PPV, or some screwy finish and he gets his true title shot for the PPV.

Kross Rhodes

Reaction score
Website
wrestlingsmarks.com
Favorite Wrestler
emma
Favorite Wrestler
YA1yyED
Favorite Wrestler
frmoJZU
Favorite Wrestler
nock3cf
Favorite Wrestler
danielbryan3
Favorite Wrestler
tLCb5kv
Favorite Sports Team
WYT3shw
Favorite Sports Team
fRXTMaD
Favorite Sports Team
LechI0u
Favorite Sports Team
RHZ7KJg
Possible matches for the PPV

EC3 vs Angle and Rockstar Spud as the Referee
The Wolves vs Roode/Aries
Taryn Terrell vs Gail Kim-Knockouts Title the on line, with The Dollhouse, Brooke and Kong as Lumberjacks
Drew Galloway vs MVP-Loser of the match group needs to break up
Winner of the triple threat X-Division title match defends his title versus the other two guys.

I see EC3 either winning the title and the rematch at the PPV, or some screwy finish and he gets his true title shot for the PPV.

Correct me if I'm wrong, but isn't Slammiversary before the July 1st "Bell to Bell?"

As much as I'm loving the Dollhouse, this would probably be the best time to have Gail Kim unseat Taryn as Knockouts Champion.

Apoho Creed

I'm the Doctor
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
OZO8olA
Favorite Wrestler
Y2tTaaf
Favorite Wrestler
q9gbHdQ
Favorite Wrestler
zPa7dqi
Favorite Wrestler
m4aw1gh
Favorite Wrestler
oLvrzSU
Favorite Sports Team
hPPsgSL
Favorite Sports Team
hlbgCD9
Favorite Sports Team
guuKKYL
Favorite Sports Team
Um6oxIS
Correct me if I'm wrong, but isn't Slammiversary before the July 1st "Bell to Bell?"

As much as I'm loving the Dollhouse, this would probably be the best time to have Gail Kim unseat Taryn as Knockouts Champion.

Yup I had to check myself so from the news I heard EC3/Angle might not happen at the PPV, but on a weekly Impact. In other news..

http://www.impactwrestling.com/news/item/6455-King-of-the-Mountain-Returns-To-Slammiversary

For the first time in six years, the King of the Mountain Match returns to Slammiversary on June 28 live on Pay Per View at 8pm ET.

A TNA original, and one of the most innovative matches in all professional wrestling, the King of the Mountain was a staple of the annual Slammiversary event through 2009. Some of the greatest wrestlers in TNA history have entered the King of the Mountain match in hopes to stake a claim to TNA Gold.

Impactwrestling.com is going to take you through the rules that make up the King of the Mountain match, and in the coming days join us right here to relive some of the best moments of the King of the Mountain matches from past Slammiversary.

King of the Mountain Rules:
The match consists of 5 competitors who begin ineligible to win. In order to become eligible one must score a submission or pinfall where falls count anywhere.
Once eligible the competitor must retrieve the belt from the official while the person who was pinned or submitted must spend 2 minutes in the “penalty box” cage.
Multiple competitors can be locked in the penalty box resulting in alliances or the fight continuing.
Once the belt is in play any other wrestler who is eligible may steal the belt, if at any point the belt is dropped it goes back to the official.
An eligible competitor hangs the belt on a hook suspended 15 feet above the ring via a ladder to win the match.

Austin Bates

Reaction score
Why would you want to have Gail unseat Taryn? The Doll House still have mileage at the top of the division.

Kross Rhodes

Reaction score
Website
wrestlingsmarks.com
Favorite Wrestler
emma
Favorite Wrestler
YA1yyED
Favorite Wrestler
frmoJZU
Favorite Wrestler
nock3cf
Favorite Wrestler
danielbryan3
Favorite Wrestler
tLCb5kv
Favorite Sports Team
WYT3shw
Favorite Sports Team
fRXTMaD
Favorite Sports Team
LechI0u
Favorite Sports Team
RHZ7KJg
Yup I had to check myself so from the news I heard EC3/Angle might not happen at the PPV, but on a weekly Impact. In other news..
I so called the return of King of the Mountain! This fantastic news! I think think this deserves it's own thread!

Only downside is Kurt is probably guaranteed to win to make it to "Bell to Bell."

Why would you want to have Gail unseat Taryn? The Doll House still have mileage at the top of the division.

Only because TNA is constantly reminding us she'll tie Gail's record and it appears to besetting up Gail stopping her from surpassing her.

I think the Dollhouse has enough mileage to last while Taryn looks to regain her title as well.

Apoho Creed

I'm the Doctor
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
OZO8olA
Favorite Wrestler
Y2tTaaf
Favorite Wrestler
q9gbHdQ
Favorite Wrestler
zPa7dqi
Favorite Wrestler
m4aw1gh
Favorite Wrestler
oLvrzSU
Favorite Sports Team
hPPsgSL
Favorite Sports Team
hlbgCD9
Favorite Sports Team
guuKKYL
Favorite Sports Team
Um6oxIS
I so called the return of King of the Mountain! This fantastic news! I think think this deserves it's own thread!

Only downside is Kurt is probably guaranteed to win to make it to "Bell to Bell."

Only because TNA is constantly reminding us she'll tie Gail's record and it appears to besetting up Gail stopping her from surpassing her.

I think the Dollhouse has enough mileage to last while Taryn looks to regain her title as well.

I can see Angle defending his title no doubt, would like to see more of these guys involved having title shot on the line and Angle in another match.

Kross Rhodes

Reaction score
Website
wrestlingsmarks.com
Favorite Wrestler
emma
Favorite Wrestler
YA1yyED
Favorite Wrestler
frmoJZU
Favorite Wrestler
nock3cf
Favorite Wrestler
danielbryan3
Favorite Wrestler
tLCb5kv
Favorite Sports Team
WYT3shw
Favorite Sports Team
fRXTMaD
Favorite Sports Team
LechI0u
Favorite Sports Team
RHZ7KJg

TNA is at least acknowledging that Angle might not be the one defending the championship against EC3. This opens things up a bit.

Apoho Creed

I'm the Doctor
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
OZO8olA
Favorite Wrestler
Y2tTaaf
Favorite Wrestler
q9gbHdQ
Favorite Wrestler
zPa7dqi
Favorite Wrestler
m4aw1gh
Favorite Wrestler
oLvrzSU
Favorite Sports Team
hPPsgSL
Favorite Sports Team
hlbgCD9
Favorite Sports Team
guuKKYL
Favorite Sports Team
Um6oxIS
News just in Jesse Godderz will face Robbie E at Slammiversary. We will see where this feud goes, Jesse manhandled DJ Z this week, I look forward how the match between the Bromans goes in the ring.

Jay

Reaction score

CARD:
2Itst8i.jpg

James Storm vs Magnus

Robbie E vs Jessie

Bram vs Matt Morgan

Bobby Lashley and Mr. Anderson vs Ethan Carter III and Tyrus

Davey Richards vs Austin Aries
Winner Picks the Stipulation for Match 5 of Best of Five Series

Brooke and Awesome Kong vs The Dollhouse

King of the Mountain Match
Jeff Jarrett vs Eric Young vs Drew Galloway vs Matt Hardy vs Bobby Roode

Join us as we discuss TNA' first PPV since this show last year!​

Crippler

Prove me wrong
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
chrisbenoit2
Also didn't take Jeff long to put himself back in the main event picture :TI:

Kross Rhodes

Reaction score
Website
wrestlingsmarks.com
Favorite Wrestler
emma
Favorite Wrestler
YA1yyED
Favorite Wrestler
frmoJZU
Favorite Wrestler
nock3cf
Favorite Wrestler
danielbryan3
Favorite Wrestler
tLCb5kv
Favorite Sports Team
WYT3shw
Favorite Sports Team
fRXTMaD
Favorite Sports Team
LechI0u
Favorite Sports Team
RHZ7KJg
OP is updated to include all of tonight's matches.

[video=youtube;CWisrEF0McQ]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CWisrEF0McQ[/video]

This honestly feels like a paper pay-per-view. I don't believe TNA put any real effort into this. Other than a few surprise returns like Jeff Jarrett and Matt Morgan, all of the special matches are being saved for the Bell to Bell Impact after the event. Which is lame considering that Impact has been taped already and this will be live. I won't be able to watch this live, but I'll post my thoughts as I am able to watch later tonight or tomorrow. I do hope a few people catch this tonight and give their opinions on it. I am little intrigued by what they plan to do with the King of the Mountain Championship. It is the only championship on the line at the moment. I wonder if it will be a yearly crown like WWE King of the Ring.

Sabretooth

Reaction score
Yeah don't have EC3 vs Kurt Angle for the world title on PPV. Brilliant. Just tape the match BEFORE the PPV and spoil the result.

Kross Rhodes

Reaction score
Website
wrestlingsmarks.com
Favorite Wrestler
emma
Favorite Wrestler
YA1yyED
Favorite Wrestler
frmoJZU
Favorite Wrestler
nock3cf
Favorite Wrestler
danielbryan3
Favorite Wrestler
tLCb5kv
Favorite Sports Team
WYT3shw
Favorite Sports Team
fRXTMaD
Favorite Sports Team
LechI0u
Favorite Sports Team
RHZ7KJg
Yeah don't have EC3 vs Kurt Angle for the world title on PPV. Brilliant. Just tape the match BEFORE the PPV and spoil the result.
I found that out the hard way. I know what happens on the Impact after the PPV and I didn't even look at the results. I don't get TNA anymore.

I mean, what's the draw of this PPV? No world or tag title matches? Sure, Jeff Jarrett winning the King of the Mountain Championship seems like fun, but I don't feel the need to pay to see that. What even is a King of the Mountain Championship?