TNA Slammiversary X - June 10th, 2012 - Preview and Live Discussion

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Fuji Vice

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
stanhansen
Favorite Wrestler
brusierbrody
Favorite Wrestler
rickrude
Favorite Wrestler
randysavage
I'm not sure when people starting giving two fucks whether or not people in the audience were having a good time but that doesn't make or break what I think of the show.
Huh? Isn't the audience that paid for the show supposed to enjoy it? I guess I must be missing your point here, but I think TNA should be very pleased that they got the kind of reactions they did last night. Like it or not, that crowd was fitting for their 10 year show and put pretty much every TNA crowd in the past couple of years to shame.

#HEEL said:
I certainly don't want to see either Ray/Park or Kash/Hernandez again. But I'd see Storm/Roode again in a heart beat.
You conveniently left out Aries/Joe and the Tag Match, which were the best matches of the night.

#HEEL said:
I'm sorry but I don't count waiting until there's only two weeks left, having Sting magically return and making Roode submit as a story worthy of TNA10. And we're counting Ray/Park as a main event? And what was the story behind Joe/Aries anyway? He got water splashed on him? That's what I read anyway. That's still only three of nine matches either way.
Sting and Roode had a history way before he came back...it goes all the way back to Victory Road and Roode humiliating him after he knocked himself out on the chair. Admittedly I didn't really want to see Sting/Roode again, but there was a precedent for it. I said Ray/Park was a "defacto" main event given its position on the card. It also happened to be a wildly entertaining match that far exceeded my expectations, but that's probably just me having a difference of opinion than you. As for Joe/Aries, I said it wasn't built properly, but it was still a hell of a match, and sometimes that's all that matters.

#HEEL said:
I don't mind the streak ending as it was one of the positives of the night but it didn't make sense storyline wise. Is there a reason Storm cared about Crimson's streak?
There was never going to be a storyline payoff to the end of Crimson's streak. Their chance for that went by the wayside with Morgan not getting the job done. Storm coming back was a huge deal and breaking the "undefeated" streak of Crimson was also a huge deal. Granted it would have been better if that streak had actually meant anything, but when combined, two huge deals makes a SUPER HUGE DEAL!!!

#HEEL said:
I am bitter that Kim lost to Tessmacher but the match itself also sucked and I was already not enjoying the show before that. Also throw in Angle and Styles winning the tag titles. How does that makes any sense? I don't get how they took the belts off Magnus and Joe (speaking of, did they forget about that team) to give them to Daniels and Kaz, only to hand them to Angle and Styles. What are Angle and Styles going to do as the tag team champs?
I agree that the hot potato shit with the tag belts was unnecessary but the match itself was great. I'm not sure what direction they want to take the tag titles in at this point as it appears TNA is pretty much solely focusing on singles stuff right now. The lack of a proper tag division IS something they need to assess, as its one thing that differs them from WWE, so perhaps they will do so in the near future. Just be thankful the damn KO's titles weren't on the line...and for that matter, why the hell wasn't EY at the show?

#HEEL said:
I'm glad you see positives because I really don't see many.
Don't be a negative Nancy. :lol:

For the record, this is our second go around and I always find these little debates fun, since you know your stuff and don't resort to name calling or childish insults. And no, "negative Nancy" is NOT a childish insult dammit! :lol:

Kross Rhodes

Israel Has the Right to Exist
Reaction score
Website
wrestlingsmarks.com
Favorite Wrestler
emma
Favorite Wrestler
YA1yyED
Favorite Wrestler
frmoJZU
Favorite Wrestler
nock3cf
Favorite Wrestler
danielbryan3
Favorite Wrestler
tLCb5kv
Favorite Sports Team
WYT3shw
Favorite Sports Team
fRXTMaD
Favorite Sports Team
LechI0u
Favorite Sports Team
RHZ7KJg
Huh? Isn't the audience that paid for the show supposed to enjoy it? I guess I must be missing your point here, but I think TNA should be very pleased that they got the kind of reactions they did last night. Like it or not, that crowd was fitting for their 10 year show and put pretty much every TNA crowd in the past couple of years to shame.
I think you misunderstood me. Of course the paid audience is supposed to enjoy the show and I certainly hope they do. They paid to have a good time. Plus it looks good for TNA if they manage to entertain the crowd. Everyone wins. My point was that even of the live crowd does not enjoy the match or simply doesn't make a reaction, it doesn't make the match itself any less good. If you enjoyed yourself, that's all that should count. I never made it a point to pay attention to how the crowd was reacting prior to joining the IWC.

And yes, they did put them to shame. It was a great crowd, I'll give 'me that.

You conveniently left out Aries/Joe and the Tag Match, which were the best matches of the night.
I didn't conveniently leave anything out! :lol:

I merely pointed out I'd rather watch the LD main event. Although for the record I already said those were the only two matches I thought were good. And TBF those matches have a high rewatchable factor. Especially Aries/Joe considering that removed from the show, I no longer have to worry about it having no story.

Sting and Roode had a history way before he came back...it goes all the way back to Victory Road and Roode humiliating him after he knocked himself out on the chair. Admittedly I didn't really want to see Sting/Roode again, but there was a precedent for it. I said Ray/Park was a "defacto" main event given its position on the card. It also happened to be a wildly entertaining match that far exceeded my expectations, but that's probably just me having a difference of opinion than you. As for Joe/Aries, I said it wasn't built properly, but it was still a hell of a match, and sometimes that's all that matters.
I know they had a match at Victory Road (which wasn't that long ago. A rematch was too soon IMO; especially for TNA10.) but it was lazy book making to me because I really don't see any new life in the feud and they just threw them back into it with a one night build.

I'm just not entertained by the non-wrestler gets worked over by the wrestler matches. It's worse when you know he can legit work. Plus I'm just not a fan of this Park/Abyss angle.

I'd probably agree with that last part had it not been TNA10 and Aries hadn't been the X Division Champion. I will say despite that, it was a fun opening match.

There was never going to be a storyline payoff to the end of Crimson's streak. Their chance for that went by the wayside with Morgan not getting the job done. Storm coming back was a huge deal and breaking the "undefeated" streak of Crimson was also a huge deal. Granted it would have been better if that streak had actually meant anything, but when combined, two huge deals makes a SUPER HUGE DEAL!!!
I figured there wouldn't be an angle to end it but it seemed rushed (despite it being slow at the same time.) . The challenge came out of nowhere and Storm had no reason to accept it. If you weren't going with someone with a history with Crimson, why not bring in a former TNA talent to do the honor? It would have made the night feel like an anniversary show. Despite that as well, I'm glad someone ended it. It was a positive of the night for sure.

I agree that the hot potato shit with the tag belts was unnecessary but the match was great. I'm not sure what direction they want to take the tag titles in at this point as it appears TNA is pretty much solely focusing on singles stuff right now. The lack of a proper tag division IS something they need to assess, as its one thing that differs them from WWE, so perhaps they will do so in the near future. Just be thankful the damn KO's titles weren't on the line...and for that matter, why the hell wasn't EY at the show?
It enfuriates me that TNA is tanking the tag team division. I mean what happened to Magnus and Joe? TNA forget they existed? I could hope Angle and Styles will do something to help the tag team scene but I highly doubt it. And TBH I would have been happy to see the KO straps and EY of he was dropping them. Because ATM the only champ I approve of is Bobby Roode. Thankfully they didn't fuck that up. (Before you ask, I'm a big fan of Aries but he needs away from the X title now.)

Don't be a negative Nancy. :lol:

For the record, this is our second go around and I always find these little debates fun, since you know your stuff and don't resort to name calling or childish insults. And no, "negative Nancy" is NOT a childish insult dammit! :lol:
Why thank you, I have fun with these too. Except when you claim I'm on glue! :lol:

I kid. I kid.

Seriously though I see no reason to insult someone over our worked form of entertainment preferences.

And no, I am a negative nancy, so it's all good... :p

Sent from my iPhone 4S using Tapatalk

Sabretooth

Reaction score
The challenge didn't come out of nowhere. Crimson is undefeated and by making an open challenge, he looked like a cocky piece of shit. That's what TNA wanted. Storm was the hometown hero. What better way to return then by defeating the most dominant superstar in TNA right now. (it pains me so much to say that).

Just because the tag title belts are being tossed around, so what. Angle and AJ are the two best wrestlers in the company right now. They obviously have chemistry as opponents so why not as tag team partners? And this can piss off Daniels and Kaz even more so they can try harder for revenge. I understand that keeping the belts on one team for a while is important but this furthers the storyline and Angle/AJ will make awesome champs. Although I agree that TNA basically forgot about Joe/Magnus

Fuji Vice

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
stanhansen
Favorite Wrestler
brusierbrody
Favorite Wrestler
rickrude
Favorite Wrestler
randysavage
Storm was the hometown hero.
Storm's from Tennessee, not Texas.

Other than that, I agree with what you said, though I'd hardly call Crimson "dominant" if he never came across that way. You can't solely book someone to be dominant, they need charisma as well. That's the difference between the Goldberg's and Ryback's of the world and the Crimson's.

Sabretooth

Reaction score
Storm's from Tennessee, not Texas.

Other than that, I agree with what you said, though I'd hardly call Crimson "dominant" if he never came across that way. You can't solely book someone to be dominant, they need charisma as well. That's the difference between the Goldberg's and Ryback's of the world and the Crimson's.

I know but Texas is down south, he's still the hometown hero

Fuji Vice

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
stanhansen
Favorite Wrestler
brusierbrody
Favorite Wrestler
rickrude
Favorite Wrestler
randysavage
I know but Texas is down south, he's still the hometown hero
Calling someone the hometown hero implies they are from that immediate area...like Brooke Tessmacher.

Would you call The Rock the hometown hero in Texas just because he's from another southern state?

Sabretooth

Reaction score
Calling someone the hometown hero implies they are from that immediate area...like Brooke Tessmacher.

Would you call The Rock the hometown hero in Texas just because he's from another southern state?

People in Florida aren't rednecks.

Fuji Vice

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
stanhansen
Favorite Wrestler
brusierbrody
Favorite Wrestler
rickrude
Favorite Wrestler
randysavage

But they do live in a southern state, which is what you're argument was in the first place.

BANG!

Also, not sure if you've ever been to Florida before, but I used to have some property down there and believe me, there's rednecks.

NovaRoad

Reaction score
Website
stillskystudio.com

:lol:

Just look at this website: http://www.huntsflorida.com/

Florida is an interesting state though, and having lived in West Palm Beach for a number of years, I can see how some might have the impression that it isn't redneck. But like Fuji, I can assure you there are a lot of rednecks.

The rednecks tend to be the older born-and-raised Floridians, particularly within the inland parts of the state.

Fuji Vice

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
stanhansen
Favorite Wrestler
brusierbrody
Favorite Wrestler
rickrude
Favorite Wrestler
randysavage

Sabretooth

Reaction score
But they do live in a southern state, which is what you're argument was in the first place.

BANG!

Also, not sure if you've ever been to Florida before, but I used to have some property down there and believe me, there's rednecks.

I have a vacation house in Florida so I've been there a load of times. The people there are not rednecks

Fuji Vice

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
stanhansen
Favorite Wrestler
brusierbrody
Favorite Wrestler
rickrude
Favorite Wrestler
randysavage
I have a vacation house in Florida so I've been there a load of times. The people there are not rednecks

It could just be in your area though, there's rednecks all over Florida.

Fuji Vice

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
stanhansen
Favorite Wrestler
brusierbrody
Favorite Wrestler
rickrude
Favorite Wrestler
randysavage
My area is Orlando.

Have you not seen some of the people at the Impact Zone? There's definitely some "red" going on there. :lol:

Oh and next time you go down for vacation, you should totally go to an Impact taping and bring a sign with you that says "Fuji Vice is the greatest ever and I would love to have his children if I was able." Not sure if that would all fit, but I'd love to see it. :lol: