TNA payroll issues

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Jay

Reaction score
pwtorch said:
There have been reports over the past week of TNA being late with payroll to talent. One potential domino to fall is co-announcer Taz.

Taz will reportedly not be part of this week's Impact broadcast after not traveling to TNA Headquarters in Nashville to record with Josh Mathews.

According to the Wrestling Observer, Taz decided not to travel until receiving payment. Even if the current pay issue is resolved, Taz's status with the company is in question.

On Tuesday, wrestler T.J. Perkins tweeted a photo of a check for $4,000 in response to Matt Hardy saying he received five checks from TNA.

The last major payroll issue was two years ago. We reported in July 2013 that most of the payment issues center on TNA's pay structure, which involves financial departments in TNA and parent company Panda Energy.

If the system gets bogged down somewhere along the way collecting, submitting, and verifying payroll before checks are cut, the timeliness of payment is affected.

In this case, with TNA running so few shows at the start of the year, talent are noticing whether they are being paid on-time.

No excuses. This sucks for those who haven't gotten paid.

Deezy

DZ PZ
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
brethart2
Favorite Wrestler
newjack
Favorite Wrestler
ddp
Favorite Wrestler
therock
Favorite Wrestler
nwo
Favorite Wrestler
wolfpac
Can't really say I'm surprised.

Kiffy Lube

Girls Just Wanna Have Fun
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
lowki
Favorite Wrestler
lowki
Favorite Wrestler
lowki
Favorite Wrestler
lowki
Favorite Wrestler
lowki
Favorite Wrestler
lowki
Oh yeah TNA is still a money pit. Still believe if they were really in such place with money issues they would already be out of business. I've head rumors like this way back in 2007. Panda Energy can't be that stupid.

Twitchy

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
stonecold2
Favorite Wrestler
machoman
Favorite Wrestler
heathslater
Favorite Wrestler
chrisjericho2
Favorite Wrestler
alsnow
Favorite Wrestler
melina
I wonder how much thier wrestlers actually make there.

Deezy

DZ PZ
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
brethart2
Favorite Wrestler
newjack
Favorite Wrestler
ddp
Favorite Wrestler
therock
Favorite Wrestler
nwo
Favorite Wrestler
wolfpac
People like Angle and maybe MVP(maybe) get little over 100k while most of the rest are paid by the appearance.

TNA pays like an fly by night indy.

Jay

Reaction score
I highly doubt that MVP will make over $100k in TNA.

Deezy

DZ PZ
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
brethart2
Favorite Wrestler
newjack
Favorite Wrestler
ddp
Favorite Wrestler
therock
Favorite Wrestler
nwo
Favorite Wrestler
wolfpac
Why else would he sign with them and not to mention it was before they lost Spike? Know people like Angle and Hardy get that.

Still it's a shit league, read that Rollins was close to signing and was only going to make 30k a year. I made more than that doing 3 months in a mining camp.

Keith

WCW Halloween Phantom
Reaction score
It is fitting that TNA are acting like ECW circa 2001:lmao