TNA out for sale! *Highly Rumored*

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Orobin Thor

Reaction score
As reported on Wrestling News Source

BREAKING NEWS: TNA up for Sale?!
Posted By: Richard Hughes on Oct 27, 2013
Source: F4Wonline.com

Dave Meltzer is reporting that the Carter family wants to throw the towel in on TNA and sell the company to the highest bidder. Rumored parties range from Eric Bischoff, Jeff Jarrett, Viacom and even the WWE.

Dave Meltzer revealed the news on his radio show today that they've been wanting to get out of the wrestling business for several months now, after they've thrown everything at the company without any financial success.

WWE wins again if this is true.

Kross Rhodes

Israel Has the Right to Exist
Reaction score
Website
wrestlingsmarks.com
Favorite Wrestler
emma
Favorite Wrestler
YA1yyED
Favorite Wrestler
frmoJZU
Favorite Wrestler
nock3cf
Favorite Wrestler
danielbryan3
Favorite Wrestler
tLCb5kv
Favorite Sports Team
WYT3shw
Favorite Sports Team
fRXTMaD
Favorite Sports Team
LechI0u
Favorite Sports Team
RHZ7KJg
Re: TNA out for sale!

As reported on Wrestling News Source

WWE wins again if this is true.
I'd have to check the validity of this source before I believed it. That being said I so hope Eric Bischoff buys TNA if it's true.

At long last we might be able to see what would have happened if his purchase of WCW had gone through.

Barring that Jeff Jarrett should reacquire his company. It was his blood, sweat and tears that brought the company to life in the first place.

TrevorTerror

Reaction score
Re: TNA out for sale!

I'd have to check the validity of this source before I believed it. That being said I so hope Eric Bischoff buys TNA if it's true.

At long last we might be able to see what would have happened if his purchase of WCW had gone through.

Barring that Jeff Jarrett should reacquire his company. It was his blood, sweat and tears that brought the company to life in the first place.

Spot on. I totally agree with everything you just said.

Orobin Thor

Reaction score
I've been monitoring the traffic at Wrestling News Source.

WNS Admin just confirmed the validity of the rumor.

WNS Admin K Aeronwyn Fairchild@WNS-ADMIN
CONFIRMED, this IS on the podcast by Dave Meltzer.

http://www.wrestlingnewssource.com/news/31767/BREAKING-NEWS-TNA-up-for-Sale/

WNS Admin K Aeronwyn Fairchild@WNS-ADMIN
btw this IS being reported elsewhere. Keep in mind that we do post rumours and they are not a confirmed fact until they are indeed, confirmed. If Dave is wrong, he's wrong. We will follow up this claim as soon as we know more. We did not fabricate nor spin the facts of the podcast in any favour. That is not what WNS does, nor will do. I'd shit can any writer who tried to distort the claims of rumours, facts or otherwise. I don't give a flying shit who it is.
Posted: 4 minute(s) ago

I will update as I see it.

Last edited by a moderator:

Sabretooth

Reaction score
Good maybe someone who isn't a petite woman with no wrestling knowledge will take it over

Postman Dave

Reaction score
well this is an interesting start to the day.

Bischoff would appease Spike since he's the one who's worked closely with them.

I can't see WWE having too much interest in TNA like they did with WCW, WCW was a bargain all things considered. Thanks to the lack of TV slot, WCW was practically worthless when Vince swooped in, as far as I'm aware TNA's deal with Spike will role on regardless of ownership(?)

Wangman Page

Cowboy Shit
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
hulkhogan
Favorite Wrestler
ajstyles2
Favorite Wrestler
nwo
Favorite Wrestler
boots2asses
Holy hell. I hope it is Bischoff that buys it like he wanted to do with WCW. Not only that but he is able to do the things he wants without idiots telling him no.

If it fails it fails but at least we know someone with a real wrestling mind is trying even a small joint venture with Jarrett and Bischoff wouldn't be bad.

Sent from my PG86100 using Tapatalk

Kushikimi

Reaction score
I can't see WWE having too much interest in TNA like they did with WCW,

I can see them having some interest in acquiring TNA... not for the company itself, but for the video library they have. Since WWE wants to have as much footage for the "Network" as they can.

Postman Dave

Reaction score
I can see them having some interest in acquiring TNA... not for the company itself, but for the video library they have. Since WWE wants to have as much footage for the "Network" as they can.

Oh I can see it from that point of view, but as I said earlier, WCW was dirt cheap, and they got a far more extensive library out of it too.

TeamPoser101

Reaction score
Wow. If Bischoff or Jarrett can't buy this, it's going to be an extremely sad day in professional wrestling. Honestly, TNA is the only glimmer of hope that the wrestling world has to prevent a real monopoly.

Drew

Reaction score
So people think Bischoff and/or Jarrett can make a real difference with TNA? Things been scuffling along from what I can tell.

Orobin Thor

Reaction score
UPDATE!!

Exclusive: A Major Update On TNA Potentially Being Sold, Clarification On The Situation
Posted By: Lee on Oct 28, 2013
Source: Brian Elliott, Fighting Spirit Magazine

We've had an exclusive update surrounding the TNA situation that was broken yesterday on the Dave Meltzer/Brian Alvarez show from F4WOnline

Brian Elliott, editor of the Fighting Spirit Magazine in the UK, has spoken to us about TNA being sold by the Carter family. He explained the following to us about the situation:

"The Carter family has been open to receiving offers for TNA for several months. There are a select number of business people on the inside to whom this has been made clear. You have to understand that it's not like the company is going to be listed on eBay; keeping the fact that they are open to selling TNA to a small number of potentially interested parties keeps the price that the Carters can get for it at a much higher level than if they went public that the company was for sale.

If someone does make a bid, that information will then be leaked in certain quarters, in the hope of starting a bidding war that would raise the price further. Like with Fusient Media's attempted purchase of WCW, if someone comes in with a bid, we'll soon know about it."

Wangman Page

Cowboy Shit
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
hulkhogan
Favorite Wrestler
ajstyles2
Favorite Wrestler
nwo
Favorite Wrestler
boots2asses
I still want someone inside to buy it and would he ecstatic if Turner bought it and said alright here we go again, but that is a huge long shot.

Kross Rhodes

Israel Has the Right to Exist
Reaction score
Website
wrestlingsmarks.com
Favorite Wrestler
emma
Favorite Wrestler
YA1yyED
Favorite Wrestler
frmoJZU
Favorite Wrestler
nock3cf
Favorite Wrestler
danielbryan3
Favorite Wrestler
tLCb5kv
Favorite Sports Team
WYT3shw
Favorite Sports Team
fRXTMaD
Favorite Sports Team
LechI0u
Favorite Sports Team
RHZ7KJg
I still want someone inside to buy it and would he ecstatic if Turner bought it and said alright here we go again, but that is a huge long shot.

Ted Turner was just a business man, he never had anything to do with the running of WCW. I'd rather Bischoff said here we go again after he bought out the Carters.

He should let Jarrett keep his minority shareholdings. That way they'd be partners. That would be a great day. Let's see what happens then.