TNA No Surrender 2012 Preview & Live Discussion Thread

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Gentleman Jake

You Must Have Me Confused with Someone Far Less Awesome
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
scotthall
Favorite Wrestler
kevinnash
Favorite Wrestler
hhh
Favorite Wrestler
shawnmichaels
Favorite Wrestler
randysavage
Favorite Wrestler
nwo
Worst booking ever!

Sabretooth

Reaction score
Your blowing this way out of proportion. Yeah I wanted Bully but I'm not throwing a fit over Hardy

Kross Rhodes

Israel Has the Right to Exist
Reaction score
Website
wrestlingsmarks.com
Favorite Wrestler
emma
Favorite Wrestler
YA1yyED
Favorite Wrestler
frmoJZU
Favorite Wrestler
nock3cf
Favorite Wrestler
danielbryan3
Favorite Wrestler
tLCb5kv
Favorite Sports Team
WYT3shw
Favorite Sports Team
fRXTMaD
Favorite Sports Team
LechI0u
Favorite Sports Team
RHZ7KJg
Your blowing this way out of proportion. Yeah I wanted Bully but I'm not throwing a fit over Hardy
Because it's going to suck BALLS! There's literally no history between them at all. Would you expect that out of a WrestleMania main event?

Kross Rhodes

Reaction score
Website
wrestlingsmarks.com
Favorite Wrestler
emma
Favorite Wrestler
YA1yyED
Favorite Wrestler
frmoJZU
Favorite Wrestler
nock3cf
Favorite Wrestler
danielbryan3
Favorite Wrestler
tLCb5kv
Favorite Sports Team
WYT3shw
Favorite Sports Team
fRXTMaD
Favorite Sports Team
LechI0u
Favorite Sports Team
RHZ7KJg
And they were trying to fill time a bunch, why not Joey Ryan?
Agreed. If TNA got a little sleazy, I might have been able to slide on this Hardy debacle.

I mean who wouldn't love the PPV where the Joey Ryan got an IMPACT Wrestling contract?

Gentleman Jake

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
scotthall
Favorite Wrestler
kevinnash
Favorite Wrestler
hhh
Favorite Wrestler
shawnmichaels
Favorite Wrestler
randysavage
Favorite Wrestler
nwo
Yeah there was no payoff for aces and eights, no Ryan, and u had a guy who a year ago buttfucked u on PPV by showing up drugged to fuck go over the hottest heel in the company? If u were gonna go face v face it should have been Samoa Joe or Storm at least that is something people want to see

Castiel

Reaction score
This really did just feel like a random Impact looking back... they deprived us of any payoff. Couldn't we have gotten Aces & Eights reveal? Would've helped a lot. Joey Ryan payoff? No? It just set up more A&8, the world title match for the next PPV, Storm/Roode, and probably more Daniels/Kazarian vs Angle/AJ due to that not even ending clean. I mean it was a good show and all but come on!

Postman Dave

Reaction score
Honestly don't see what the big deal about Hardy winning is.

Dude's super over with the fans (well, not the ones here), and is one of the company's biggest stars and biggest merch movers. Why wouldn't he main event Bound For Glory? TNA's still business at the end of the day, and bad past or not, still needs one of it's biggest stars headlining the show, especially with an untested draw like Aries.

Kross Rhodes

Reaction score
Website
wrestlingsmarks.com
Favorite Wrestler
emma
Favorite Wrestler
YA1yyED
Favorite Wrestler
frmoJZU
Favorite Wrestler
nock3cf
Favorite Wrestler
danielbryan3
Favorite Wrestler
tLCb5kv
Favorite Sports Team
WYT3shw
Favorite Sports Team
fRXTMaD
Favorite Sports Team
LechI0u
Favorite Sports Team
RHZ7KJg
Honestly don't see what the big deal about Hardy winning is.

Dude's super over with the fans (well, not the ones here), and is one of the company's biggest stars and biggest merch movers. Why wouldn't he main event Bound For Glory? TNA's still business at the end of the day, and bad past or not, still needs one of it's biggest stars headlining the show, especially with an untested draw like Aries.
Putting aside how much I don't think Hardy deserves to be the main event, the bigger issue is he has absolutely no story with Austin Aries. This would be fine for a B PPV but you don't throw together a match like this for your WrestleMania. If Bobby Roode was the champion it would have been fine because Hardy and Roode have an actual history to work with and HEAT!!! When I think of Austin Aries vs. Jeff Hardy I think opening match of IMPACT Wrestling. Not a PPV main event, certainly not BFG.

Postman Dave

Reaction score
Putting aside how much I don't think Hardy deserves to be the main event, the bigger issue is he has absolutely no story with Austin Aries. This would be fine for a B PPV but you don't throw together a match like this for your WrestleMania. If Bobby Roode was the champion it would have been fine because Hardy and Roode have an actual history to work with and HEAT!!! When I think of Austin Aries vs. Jeff Hardy I think opening match of IMPACT Wrestling. Not a PPV main event, certainly not BFG.

You don't need the two guys together to have heat for a match to have build. On one hand, you've got this underdog champ, a guy who some thought would be too small to win the big one, who some still think is out of his depth, despite proving the doubters wrong time and time again.

On the other, a guy in search of redemption for his past mistakes, having spent the last year clawing his way back into the company and back to the top of it.

You've got two guys with everything to win and everything to lose. Heat can help, but it's not always necessary. Besides, they've still got 4 weeks to build that up.

Kross Rhodes

Reaction score
Website
wrestlingsmarks.com
Favorite Wrestler
emma
Favorite Wrestler
YA1yyED
Favorite Wrestler
frmoJZU
Favorite Wrestler
nock3cf
Favorite Wrestler
danielbryan3
Favorite Wrestler
tLCb5kv
Favorite Sports Team
WYT3shw
Favorite Sports Team
fRXTMaD
Favorite Sports Team
LechI0u
Favorite Sports Team
RHZ7KJg
You don't need the two guys together to have heat for a match to have build. On one hand, you've got this underdog champ, a guy who some thought would be too small to win the big one, who some still think is out of his depth, despite proving the doubters wrong time and time again.

On the other, a guy in search of redemption for his past mistakes, having spent the last year clawing his way back into the company and back to the top of it.

You've got two guys with everything to win and everything to lose. Heat can help, but it's not always necessary. Besides, they've still got 4 weeks to build that up.
Is four weeks really enough though for your biggest PPV of the year? I don't know about TNA and BFG but WWE always said WrestleMania was the culmination of a year's worth of build. Either way I have zero interest in this match. I just hope this PPV will have a flawless under-card.

Last edited by a moderator:

Sabretooth

Reaction score
Jeff Hardy is a great wrestler. He knows how to work with his opponent and get the crowd into a match. Also the fans love him. I expect him to put on a great match with Aries. You may not like him but he's worked his ass off to get back to the top. There's 4 weeks build, it's fine.

Gentleman Jake

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
scotthall
Favorite Wrestler
kevinnash
Favorite Wrestler
hhh
Favorite Wrestler
shawnmichaels
Favorite Wrestler
randysavage
Favorite Wrestler
nwo
Put aside my dislike for Hardy and feel that he should never sniff a title for what he did to them only a year ago. Bully Ray was a much much better option, he has no current feud going, has history with Aries, and is the hottest heel in the company right now. He was clearly the better option. James Storm is one of the most over faces in the company, got a shitty one week title reign and has been great all year long also a better option. Samoa Joe was practically buried by the BFG series last year but work himself back up and has been fantastic all year with his work with Magnus and he hasn't had the title in far far to long so he also would have been a better choice. I could honestly book better then these guys.

Fuji Vice

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
stanhansen
Favorite Wrestler
brusierbrody
Favorite Wrestler
rickrude
Favorite Wrestler
randysavage
I saw Hardy won the shot at BFG, lulzed hard and decided to take a break from TNA which means, for the first time in my life, I'm only watching indy wrestling.

Sent from my BlackBerry 9900 using Tapatalk