TNA getting rid of the Six Sided Ring?

• Thread starter straight_edge76
  • Start date
  • Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Double J

Reaction score
I say they've got to keep the 6 Sided Ring, other than the X-Division which really hasn't meant anything in a while, it's the only thing that really sets TNA as a unique and different wrestling company. First time ever viewers are drawn in by the 6 sided ring, it's different and it's fresh as well as really never seen before.

I actually agree with everything you said, but just small knowledge, I believe they got the idea of the 6 sided ring from Mexico's AAA who were the first to use it and have been using it (along with the 4 sided ring) for years before TNA came around.

Great One

I think they should just make it a bit bigger if anything. And also try to make more room outside the ring as well. I'm somewhat indifferent, but either way it should be bigger.

Double J

Reaction score
Meant to post this earlier, but I always thought the TNA ring was bigger than WWEs. I've never seen TNA live but have seen WWE plenty of times and their ring is much smaller than it looks on TV. Never understood how they do that but I could easily jump from one turnbuckle to the other (Coast to coast) where on tv it looks like a long way.

Axis

a professional ring does look intimidating does it not? Stop being so difficult. If you look at all the sports that uses a stage for fighting all of them primarily focus on how it functions but you can't tell me after that step they don't try and spice it up with some danger. UFC was able to take a sport out of the ditch with the Octagon and heavy hype on the danger of the sport. TNA tried to step away from tradition when they created that ring with their X division. Sorry buddy it wasn't ment to look professional it was ment to look intimidating. I knew what word i was using

The Arc de Triompne can go suck a dick same with your thesaurus. We're talking about stages in Professional wrestling not froggy landmarks

No. It does not. That is the first mistake you've made, and it's why you look like a fool now. If you are intimidated by a wrestling ring, you may be mentally Blue.

Colin Gimp

Reaction score
No. It does not. That is the first mistake you've made, and it's why you look like a fool now. If you are intimidated by a wrestling ring, you may be mentally Blue.

buddy you must be Blue for trying to keep going.

As a child what was your first perception. Go back to that time if you can. Ya you got it? Ok good, were you intimidated by that ring just a little bit? You knew that's where everything went down. You knew it looked basic in design but it was torturous and unforgiving you drank J.R's Koolaid everytime it was available. Nothing is as challenging as a normal match. Not a single gimmick match. And you're telling me it's not because the Ring is suppose to be perceived as intimidating where men are made blah blah blah?

Now let me remind you wrestling is for children and I just accept the product because i'm nostalgic.

Axis

No, as a child I was not intimidated by a fucking inanimate rectangular prism.

EnterTamed

Reaction score
takes away a lot of angles for aj's forearm smash if they do this. ultimate x was also a huge mess when they used the 4 sided ring, the cables were too long, it took too long to get to the middle plus it takes a bunch of excitement out of the matches, also a lot of guys like to spring board in tna and softer ropes(due to length) will lead to more botches. in my opinion why not just make the 6 sided ring bigger by about 2 feet in all directions. make it somewhere in between what they have now and the 6 sided ring AAA uses. the only reason hogan wants this is becuase him and his old buddies will probably get confused about how to move in the 6 sided ring, if hogan really is bring in a bunch of his buddies the smaller ring would only help in covering up how slow the guys actually are. i do think tna needs a bigger ring becuase ladder matches are just too crowded in the one they have now and with king of the mountain as one of their main matches that seperates them from other organizations its a shame.

straight_edge76

Umm King of The Mountain has been THE match in TNA since the beginning lol.

EnterTamed

Reaction score
^ultimate X is widely more known as than KOTM

NinoBrown

Reaction score
TNA is known for pretty much three things

1) High flying action
2) Signing old WWE/WCW wrestlers
3) The six sided ring

All of a sudden Hogan thinks he's a business man now? Anyone ever see that ESPN's 30 on 30 when they did the USFL story and who killed it? Yeah... we might see a TNA story soon.

MizMasta3000

^cant really say the first one anymore since TNA has been shitting on their X Division lately

Kizza

What, by pushing it now more than the last couple of years? For the first time in about a year and a half, I actually know who the champion is. They're centering storylines around Red and Homicide. The X Divison is the strongest it's been since the X Division/3D feud.

MizMasta3000

X division matches 3 yrs ago > X division matches today thats all im saying