Thoughts on Triple H being World Heavyweight Champion

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Reaction score
I think it was Vince's doing making Triple H World Heavy Champion. because I feel as though Triple H wouldn't have made himself Champion. (If so that's a little tacky) Anyone else feel this way?

Kross Rhodes

Israel Has the Right to Exist
Reaction score
Website
wrestlingsmarks.com
Favorite Wrestler
emma
Favorite Wrestler
YA1yyED
Favorite Wrestler
frmoJZU
Favorite Wrestler
nock3cf
Favorite Wrestler
danielbryan3
Favorite Wrestler
tLCb5kv
Favorite Sports Team
WYT3shw
Favorite Sports Team
fRXTMaD
Favorite Sports Team
LechI0u
Favorite Sports Team
RHZ7KJg
Re: Triple H World Heavyweight Champion

I'm not too personally bothered by Triple H being the WWE Champion again; however, I can see your point.

I definitely think Vince had more to do with that call then Triple H or Stephanie. Either way, I think Triple has earned one last run and WrestleMania headline.

Let him put Roman Reigns over. The kid gains more from it then Triple H ever could. I hold out reservations for a few more weeks.

Reaction score

I don't mind Triple H being Champion either as he has earned his place in the WWE; as he is quite possibly one of the best wrestlers there is in my opinion. Also it will make for more tension and excitement for Fastlane where Roman will hopefully win the title back.

Kross Rhodes

Reaction score
Website
wrestlingsmarks.com
Favorite Wrestler
emma
Favorite Wrestler
YA1yyED
Favorite Wrestler
frmoJZU
Favorite Wrestler
nock3cf
Favorite Wrestler
danielbryan3
Favorite Wrestler
tLCb5kv
Favorite Sports Team
WYT3shw
Favorite Sports Team
fRXTMaD
Favorite Sports Team
LechI0u
Favorite Sports Team
RHZ7KJg

I don't mind Triple H being Champion either as he has earned his place in the WWE; as he is quite possibly one of the best wrestlers there is in my opinion. Also it will make for more tension and excitement for Fastlane where Roman will hopefully win the title back.

I do agree Triple H is a real ring general and has more than earned at least one more go. That said, Triple H won't be competing at Fastlane as Roman Reigns, Dean Ambrose and Brock Lesnar will be in the main event to decide who faces Triple H at WrestleMania. Still, I can't see Reigns not winning back his championship and this will boost his career quite a bit. Maybe even more than if he had won it from Lesnar at 31.

Fuji Vice

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
stanhansen
Favorite Wrestler
brusierbrody
Favorite Wrestler
rickrude
Favorite Wrestler
randysavage

Triple H was going to be one of the headliners at 'Mania whether he was champion or not, since the original plans for the show were him vs. Seth Rollins. That being said, I loved the move of putting the belt on him since it was really the only viable option. Seeing as he's just there to transition the belt anyways, it's a no-brainer.

Postman Dave

Reaction score

Can't say I'm a fan of HHH being WWE Champ in 2016, but I appreciate the circumstances of which it happened. This isn't the time of year to experiment with someone like Kevin Owens & Sheamus has no where near the credibility to win the title back. Not a lot of options at the top.

Sabretooth

Reaction score

It's fine with me. Makes sense storyline wise. Nobody can take care of Reigns so HHH does it himself. Triple H always has a main event match at wrestlemania anyway so may as well be for the wwe title this year and it'll truly bea passing of the torch if Reigns wins.

Fuji Vice

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
stanhansen
Favorite Wrestler
brusierbrody
Favorite Wrestler
rickrude
Favorite Wrestler
randysavage

It's fine with me. Makes sense storyline wise. Nobody can take care of Reigns so HHH does it himself. Triple H always has a main event match at wrestlemania anyway so may as well be for the wwe title this year and it'll truly bea passing of the torch if Reigns wins.
It's nice that you feel that way but the problem is that everyone and their grandmother already knows Reigns is going to win, so how is it really passing the torch when it's ultimately one of the most predictable moments in recent memory? Not to mention, I don't see it as a passing the torch moment at all, just Reigns getting his revenge on Triple H even though he actually already did that by kicking the shit out of him after TLC.

Passing the torch would be Reigns holding the title for a year and successfully defending against John Cena at 'Mania 33. This isn't like that in the slightest.

I suppose I should be the one to mention this as well; Triple H looked pretty slow at the Rumble. I know it was an extremely small sample size and I'm sure he'll be in tip top shape for 'Mania, but he's still a 46 year old man in the Main Event of the biggest show of the year. Things really need to change soon. :lol:

Sabretooth

Reaction score

Age is only a number Fuji.

Fuji Vice

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
stanhansen
Favorite Wrestler
brusierbrody
Favorite Wrestler
rickrude
Favorite Wrestler
randysavage

Age is only a number Fuji.
Oh I know, I'm 37. :lol:

I was more getting at the fact that they really, really need to get some new stars made ASAP. I firmly believe Triple H will be up to the task at 'Mania but after that it's going to be harder and harder to rely on him.

Kross Rhodes

Reaction score
Website
wrestlingsmarks.com
Favorite Wrestler
emma
Favorite Wrestler
YA1yyED
Favorite Wrestler
frmoJZU
Favorite Wrestler
nock3cf
Favorite Wrestler
danielbryan3
Favorite Wrestler
tLCb5kv
Favorite Sports Team
WYT3shw
Favorite Sports Team
fRXTMaD
Favorite Sports Team
LechI0u
Favorite Sports Team
RHZ7KJg

Oh I know, I'm 37. :lol:

I was more getting at the fact that they really, really need to get some new stars made ASAP. I firmly believe Triple H will be up to the task at 'Mania but after that it's going to be harder and harder to rely on him.
In all fairness, I firmly believe Triple H is trying more than ever to get that next generation ready. Between his work on NXT and Raw, and recruiting talent from around the world, he's pushing for new blood. I think he's just trying to get Roman Reigns ready for the big leagues in the only way he knows how. People talk a lot about Triple H getting out the shovel, but I think when it's all said and done, it'll be Triple H that is finally dead and buried in Dallas. And age is just a number. It's not time for the old folks home just yet.

Undertaker and lots of other boys continued putting on damn quality matches in their late 40s. It ain't over until your dead. Let's get ready for Dallas.

Fuji Vice

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
stanhansen
Favorite Wrestler
brusierbrody
Favorite Wrestler
rickrude
Favorite Wrestler
randysavage

In all fairness, I firmly believe Triple H is trying more than ever to get that next generation ready. Between his work on NXT and Raw, and recruiting talent from around the world, he's pushing for new blood. I think he's just trying to get Roman Reigns ready for the big leagues in the only way he knows how. People talk a lot about Triple H getting out the shovel, but I think when it's all said and done, it'll be Triple H that is finally dead and buried in Dallas. And age is just a number. It's not time for the old folks home just yet.

Undertaker and lots of other boys continued putting on damn quality matches in their late 40s. It ain't over until your dead. Let's get ready for Dallas.
Don't get me wrong, I'm fine with him being there and I also believe that if half the roster wasn't injured he wouldn't be in this position either. That being said, even he realizes it's getting closer to the end than farther from it, which is why he's doing so much to groom talent for the future. I guess I'm just hoping that, for this year at least, they actually elevate a little of that talent so they'll be ready to have the spotlight shine even brighter on them next year.

Kross Rhodes

Reaction score
Website
wrestlingsmarks.com
Favorite Wrestler
emma
Favorite Wrestler
YA1yyED
Favorite Wrestler
frmoJZU
Favorite Wrestler
nock3cf
Favorite Wrestler
danielbryan3
Favorite Wrestler
tLCb5kv
Favorite Sports Team
WYT3shw
Favorite Sports Team
fRXTMaD
Favorite Sports Team
LechI0u
Favorite Sports Team
RHZ7KJg

Don't get me wrong, I'm fine with him being there and I also believe that if half the roster wasn't injured he wouldn't be in this position either. That being said, even he realizes it's getting closer to the end than farther from it, which is why he's doing so much to groom talent for the future. I guess I'm just hoping that, for this year at least, they actually elevate a little of that talent so they'll be ready to have the spotlight shine even brighter on them next year.
I completely agree. I believe by 33 we should totally see new blood shine on the stage. This might be his final hooray and he'll use it for the boys.

I foresee AJ Styles, Kevin Owens, Finn Balor, Samoa Joe, Dean Ambrose, Roman Reigns and Seth Rollins all getting headline quality matches.

Vegeta

The Wanted Man
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
chrisjericho
Favorite Wrestler
MOLAnG4
Favorite Wrestler
edge
Favorite Wrestler
homd3TG
Favorite Sports Team
gLxCq87
Favorite Sports Team
WrE8t1L
Favorite Sports Team
lurU13l
Favorite Sports Team
HHst8yg
I like it, hell I like it enough I wouldn't mind him keeping it past WrestleMania :lol: but that won't happen, and I'm cool with that also. A lot of people I did see wanting to claim it's him using that ole golden shovel of his, but hell I'm like chill people, it's only going to be a month or two reign(This is what I said before it was announced about the Fastlane match to fight for the title at WrestleMania.) where Roman gets his time and goes over huge. I would like the idea that Fuji mentioned where Roman fights Cena at Mania 33 and goes over, a true passing the torch moment if there ever could be one. I look forward to the future that Triple H has for the WWE, and once he's fully in control things could get really great.