The WWE has buried itself. It's NEVER been this bad before.

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

MizMasta3000

Reaction score
I doubt any of us expected AJ being the GM though >_>

Luke Flywalker

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
paige
Favorite Wrestler
romanreigns
Favorite Wrestler
machoman
Favorite Wrestler
stonecold
Favorite Wrestler
wyattfamily
Favorite Wrestler
danielbryan2
We got robbed. Shoulda been Alberto Del Rio becoming GM... consolation prize for deciding not to give him the Raw MITB briefcase at the last minute and all >_>

No, seriously, shoulda been Regal...

Hometown Kid

Reaction score
I thought they were gonna name "The WWE Universe" as GM since they said they were going to have voting and stuff.

Regal was one of my favorite GMs, probably my favorite. I just didn't like they had him wrestle too, as that was stupid on about 3 different levels. However, that lights out gimmick was THE SHIT. He played it so perfectly, and I wish they'd have let him go farther with it, even though a Kennedy feud would have been hot too. Such a shame what happened with that...

'08 was a really underrated and solid year for WWE. '09 was where it all fell apart...

...god...

Reaction score
We got robbed. Shoulda been Alberto Del Rio becoming GM... consolation prize for deciding not to give him the Raw MITB briefcase at the last minute and all >_>
Don't worry bro, I am still 100% sure that Del Rio will somehow become the Raw GM.

>_>

Reaction score
I can't wait for the impending baaaaaaaaawwwwwwwwww and butt hurt when Daniel Bryan faces Charlie Sheen at Summerslam. Or teams with someone vs. Sheen and a partner.

Reaction score
Regal was one of my favorite GMs, probably my favorite. I just didn't like they had him wrestle too, as that was stupid on about 3 different levels. However, that lights out gimmick was THE SHIT. He played it so perfectly, and I wish they'd have let him go farther with it, even though a Kennedy feud would have been hot too. Such a shame what happened with that...

It's no one's fault except his own. They had him wrestling as GM because they had MAJOR plans for him, he was going to get into some top programs from my understanding. The fact that he still has a job after three or so violations (some before the Wellness Policy) shows how much the company respects him. They were going to repay his hard work with a well deserved push and only Regal has Regal to blame on this.

Reaction score
I can't wait for the impending baaaaaaaaawwwwwwwwww and butt hurt when Daniel Bryan faces Charlie Sheen at Summerslam. Or teams with someone vs. Sheen and a partner.

I can see them building a Bryan-Punk heel alliance, almost like an indy version of the "Two Man Power Trip" and I don't see Sheen working a match and you'd think a cat that did that much smack would be Flar type broke and desperate, but apparently even after the divorce and so on and so on, he is financially safe.

...god...

Reaction score
I actually see them doing the two-man power trip with Punk/Lesnar. Was gonna bring that up, like Lesnar costing Rock the match at RR seems plausible. And it might just actually be Rock/Brock. So then Taker/Cena.. as Taker doesn't really seem to be looking too well, not sure if he'd go yet annnnother year.

Reaction score
Taker has time left on his clock, not enough to work a steady schedule, but certainly working maybe the big shows and especially Mania. Of all the cool shit from last night, I think seeing Taker might have been my favorite moment. As long as they use him as the special attraction that he deserves to be at this point in his career, he's got 2-3 more years and I know he'll go out staring at the lights at a Mania.

In regards to Brock/Rock, that's been the plan since the day after this past Mania. Could be a really good match. ONLY thing I dislike about how they are handling Brock is inserting HHH into a program with him. This just goes to show HHH still has insecurity issues and really wants his career to look comparable to Austin's and Rock's. He basically squished Punk's momentum last summer and if he doesn't do the job to Lesnar in a major way, like he did for Taker, then it's an ok thing. My thing is, does Triple H really want to do what's best for the company or did they bring Lesnar back to pay him millions to give him what they feel as a "fuck you"?

Hometown Kid

Reaction score
It's no one's fault except his own. They had him wrestling as GM because they had MAJOR plans for him, he was going to get into some top programs from my understanding. The fact that he still has a job after three or so violations (some before the Wellness Policy) shows how much the company respects him. They were going to repay his hard work with a well deserved push and only Regal has Regal to blame on this.

I know, that's why I said it was a shame. >_>

I'm just saying from a storyline standpoint it was stupid. I know they had him pegged for a top spot, but it still sucked that he screwed up and viewers were stuck with "Martial Law", then worse, Mike Adamle as GM.

MizMasta3000

Reaction score
That was a dark point of WWE where I didn't watch that much.

@G1 a Punk/Lesnar thing would be cool. A heel Punk/Heyman promo? Now that's jizz. On other boards people have already deemed themselves disappointed by this. I'm excited to see where this goes; mainly because I have hopes that The Rock will be on TV more often (hopefully not via satellite <_<).

...god...

Reaction score
Taker was prob my favorite moment too, I was freaking out, although I thought the setup for it coulda been a lot better and was just kinda thrown together at the last second. But even then, him coming out was just epic. DX was also gold, very well put together. DAMIEN FUCKING SANDOW, that is all. The guy is brilliant, good in the ring, knows his character, really he should be instapushed like they did with guys like Sheamus and shit. Then Punk turning heel, ofc, saved the show to becoming great for me, great ending.

And Triple H will 100%, positively lose at Summerslam. Whether it'll be clean idk.

Hometown Kid

Reaction score
I thought Bryan stole the show. He had a standout performance against Rock, and he has to be turning face soon if he's going to feud against Sheen, who jumped the shark well over a year ago.

Punk's a natural heel, but he still is a bona-fide main eventer with as much creative control as anybody, which leaves me cautiously optimistic as to his direction. Was smart to turn him on Rock instead of Cena too, he did pretty awesomely.

My favorite retro moment had to be Sean Mooney returning.

MizMasta3000

Reaction score
I was happy to see Billy Gunn and Trips hug. Then when Hunter grabbed the mic and went up to him I was like "Damn Billy getting kicked out of DX again." >_> DX w/Syxx and NAO is my favorite stable of all time so I marked the entire time. Was kinda hoping they were taking the jacket off of Sandow to spray paint DX on him but it was a great segment.

And ROFL @ Mae Young and that fucking Hand. Wish Mark Henry could have been there.