The Towering Inferno Has Risen Again

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

RATED-RKO21

Reaction score
New 4-Man Heel Stable Forming Soon In TNA

Source: Wrestling Observer Newsletter

There are plans to form a new heel stable soon in TNA Wrestling. The current plan is to put Christian Cage, AJ Styles, Scott Steiner and Tyson Tomko together.

With AJ Styles' recent heel turn and Scott Steiner returning to TNA next month as Christian Cage's enforcer for his match against Kurt Angle, the steps are already being taken to align the foursome.

Christian Cage will fill the "Ric Flair" role as the star, AJ Styles as the pure athelete, Tyson Tomko as the powerful bigman and Scott Steiner serving as the veteran and another enforcer.

Babyfaces like Samoa Joe, Kurt Angle and Christopher Daniels will have their hands full with this faction, whose top priority will be keeping the NWA Title on Christian Cage.

what do u guys think?

OsamaHussian

Reaction score
ahh i see whats going to happen Samoa Joe,Kurt Angle,Daniels and someone else will face Christian Cage,AJ Styles,Tomko,Scott Steiner at lockdown in the same match that happened last year,what was it a Lethal Lockdown match?

xtremebadass

If TNA is trying to pair up Cage, Tomko, Stiener, and AJ to form a group like Evolution, that just isn't going to work IMO

Soulpower

I just want to see what happens when this stable crosses path with LAX. I'm a fan of stables and this will be really good for AJ Styles, as the only TNA superstar of this group he would benefit from the rub of all the better known names.

phantomgerald

I just want to see what happens when this stable crosses path with LAX. I'm a fan of stables and this will be really good for AJ Styles, as the only TNA superstar of this group he would benefit from the rub of all the better known names.

i agree. aj styles would benefit and become orton after evolution. LAX to turn face and feud with them? nah never gonna happen

Truth

Reaction score
I think this is a sick idea as llong as they get a face faction consisting of Joe, Angle, Rhino and Daniels. Could all end at Lockdown in a 4 v 4 match where theres weapons like last year.

xtremebadass

This could be like an NWO thing in TNA? It's Vince Russo, so maybe this will fail, but I would love to see these four odd balls in one great group, and yea that would be a sick lockdown match

Reaction score
I think this will work out pretty well. Christian Cage, Tomko, Scott Steiner, and AJ Styles all trying to keep the belt on Christian. Team Canada was one of the better parts of TNA, so I'm all for this faction. I wouldn't necessarily think of it along the same lines as the nWo. Think more like Evolution. Christian=Triple H (Champion), Steiner=Flair (Legend at least in their own minds), Styles=Orton (young, up and coming star), Tomko=Batista (powerhouse/enforcer). It fits perfectly. And it'll be hard to compete with, because guys like Samoa Joe, Kurt Angle, Sting, Abyss, they'll have to work together to get at the NWA Championship and Christian Cage. And all of those guys have "heated" relationships at this point in time. Possibly the best thing (storyline/angle wise) to happen to TNA if they go through with it and book it correctly.

Malone Hart

Reaction score
I feel that this could be great news, as it has been pointed out all four of them make a part of the group so i think they could all benefit from it, plus it could lead to some interesting storylines.

Reaction score
I'm a big fan of factions and hiding AJ's mic deficiencies in one makes all the sense in the world, especially given that Christian can more than take up the slack. Same thing with Tomko, who is still green but can learn from the others without the glare of being in normal singles competition. Great idea in theory, especially leading up to Lockdown. The main problem is that only Christian and AJ can be relied on to get it done in the ring. Both Tomko and Steiner are risks when it comes to match quality.

Vander

Reaction score
In a word: awesome! It's like the new Evolution:

Christian Cage = Triple H (Charismatic current Champion)

AJ Styles = Randy Orton (the charismatic up and comer)

Tomko = Batista (the muscle)

Scott Steiner = Ric Flair (the charismatic veteran/manager)

JMay187

Reaction score
I totally agree with everything Rated R said. What he said and what he listed is the truth. The other superstars are going to have to work together to get the title and there not going to be able to do it until somebody in the faction gets a shot at it and doesn't lay down for the three count. A.J. Styles

Truth

Reaction score
I think they are actually doing this as another Evolution blatantly, to be honest(Russo). Angle, Joe, Daniels, and Rhino is most likely gonna be hte top opposition, ending at Lockdown. The Evolution group will continue to cheat to keep the title on Cage until signs of Styles each Impact of him getting jelous till he turns on them at Lockdown, leading to a fued of Styles vs the TNA Evolution. One show there beatin him down when Angle, Daniels, Joe, and Rhino run down to help out Styles. Yadda yadda yada some other stuff occurs until a King of the Mountain match occurs. Cage, Styles, Angle, Joe, and someone else.

phantomgerald

woah, just because evloution done it doesn't mean the storyline is the same. even if it is, theres nothing wrong with reusing storylines. wwe has done it with animal, DX...