1. Welcome to the Wrestlingsmarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Dismiss Notice

The Return of Unpopular Wrestling Opinions

Discussion in 'General Wrestling' started by Smarkslayer, Dec 16, 2011.

1. t4terrific

t4terrific New Member

They went from the dominant team who rarely sold, to the eccentric guys who did nothing but sell, and slipped into victories.

Then they slipped even further, upon their return, to getting dominated by the Godwins, then punked out by The New Age Outlaws.

I know the WWF paid them a lot of money, but The LOD was a joke compared to The Road Warriors.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  2. Swamps

Swamps Puddin' Bear Smash!

Yeah, the Road Warriors from the 1980s would have destroyed any of the teams they had to look like chumps they had to job out too.
  3. Swamps

Swamps Puddin' Bear Smash!

The Fabulous Rougeaus were one of the better tag teams in the WWF during the 1980s and early 1990s. They should have won the tag team titles and had a lengthy reign! Fun fact, they actually defeated the Hart Foundation for the Tag Team titles at a house show while in Canada, and were extremely over with the crowd. However, the WWF never acknowledged the title reign, nor had a dropping of the title back to the Hart Foundation.
  4. Champagne Charlie

Champagne Charlie God's Plan

I don't see what's so great about Kevin Owens. Yeah, I agree that he is a top quality wrestler but to me, he just doesn't have it. He just doesn't strike me as a main event talent. Something about his accent just annoys me too, as stupid as that sounds.
  5. Austin Bates

Austin Bates Member

It's his promos and trash talk for me. He can run his mouth. Does it in a match too, a thing I really dig. Good matches too, I wasn't as big on the Cena matches as others, but he has gotten better.

Sent from my LGL16C using Tapatalk
  6. The Linebacker

The Linebacker [Blank Space]

I'd say it's a number of things:

1. He's got a different look, which I know people use against him but at least he isn't another generic Orton clone.
    2. As Austerio eluded to, he's got great charisma
    3. His character is one of the few "real" ones on the roster. He's a family man who has worked his way up from the bottom and will do whatever it takes to provide for them. That's why he walks out on matches, picks his spots, hunts titles. He has a motivation beyond "grr, look at me I'm bad"
  7. Anaconda Vice

Anaconda Vice Well-Known Member

Not to mention, Owens "look" is the same look that a lot of WWE audience members have, so they can live vicariously through him as he kicks better looking people's asses. :lol:
  8. JakeYourBooty

JakeYourBooty Hey Yo

Trent only like wrestlers that he can spank it to guys.
  9. Champagne Charlie

Champagne Charlie God's Plan

Not true.

Have you ever tried busting one out over Brock Lesnar?
  10. Austin Bates

Austin Bates Member

You don't get hot over suplexes?

That makes one of us.

Sent from my LGL16C using Tapatalk