The Official NXT Thread

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Airfixx

Reaction score
Because NXT is never about the actual wrestlers, or at least it hasn't been since Season 1. It is about Michael Cole putting himself over. Mason Ryan might not get buried, I'll give you that, altough with Michael Cole on NXT and him just ranting on and on and on about how bad the show is, it would hamper a little Ryan on itself.

But Seth Rollins is vowed to get ripped apart by Cole if placed on NXT. First off, he's indy, so WWE for him to get over will have Rollins bash him week in and week out, if yeah, that thing worked for Danielson...not so much for Kaval, so the third time around the effect will be even less imo. Besides, Rollins's promos, while good, are not something to be amazed with, and his voice is something Cole might pick apart

Yeah, I am grasping at straws, but it's NXT.

...Nah, you make a sound point.

The commentary during certain matches, and in turn the matches themselves (in terms of the TV audience), at the last couple of PPVs have suffered from a lack of focus on the action and that has been down to Cole. There really isn't sufficient depth to what he's saying to justify his derailing and dominating the commentary the way he does.

* Dick-ride Miz
* Bash the indies
* "I am the voice of the WWE" (which is clearly to gain heat from the JR marks)

...That's pretty much his three point plan

Don't get me wrong, he's been really funny at times and on NXT he is a complete hoot, but his new character isn't 'all roses' and certainly isn't as god-like as some peeps are making out.

...god...

Reaction score
He is god-like, he's actually provided some fluid to the commentary team. The best commentary teams weren't all about just calling the action, there was humor and lots of off-topic innuendo involved. He's really gotten Striker in on it, and as bad as Grisham is, Cole and Striker can somewhat carry him to calling a show decently. Sadly, King is still pathetically bad, but with the addition of Punk, you can tell Punk also tries to get King to contribute, and the Punk/Cole combination to sum up in best words was fucking professional and legit. They actually analyze and contribute to each other while playing off each other and 'going with the flow'.

Airfixx

Reaction score
I grew up watching Vince & Jesse, Monsoon & Heenan... I get that it's not all about calling the action, but I still stand by what I've said.

At times it sounds like they're just pissing about.

Oh, and as said before I can't swallow the way he still consistently flip-flops between being heelish and then the next moment being all over Cena's dick. If as speculated, we were to get a Miz/CVena fued soon, then the Cole character wouldn't know whether the fuck he was coming or going.

It's too early for the some of praise being heaped on him.

...god...

Reaction score
I dunno I like it, you can have different dimensions and still be opioniated about who you like. He respects Cena and they did have a match and he was sorta on the fence, saying not to count Miz out. Like he told Josh on NXT, "so you're going to be the typical babyface announcer?". It's pretty much just how Rock/Austin/HHH played the face-heel characters. Also, I was thinking about it, and him and Striker are like the perfect team. Cole does the play-by-play and presents the emotion perfectly and Striker tells all the story in the ring and knows the names of some of the vibrant moves and their fundamentals (which goes along with the story).

CMS

Reaction score
Only Jim Ross could play in this point in time the straight up babyface commentator, he was that good. And even him as his tenure was coming to an end started favoring heels a little more (CM Punk got praised...by JR....against Undertaker. That would have been unthinkable back in the day from Jim Ross).

Cole praises heels and babyfaces. When something is stupid...he will say it is stupid. It makes sense that he likes some faces and that he likes some heels. My problem with the guy is when he goes over the top with his stupidity. It is fun when he plays stupid on NXT or minor angles, but there were moments on the Old School Raw that just were too much. Him doing like a rooster for a minute bashing someone not even in the company anymore, the whole (I am Vince Mcmahon, King is Ventura deal he said at least 3 times). It is then when annoys me.

I certainly prefer this Cole instead of the one who would horribly fake laughter after a Santino segment or a guest host segment instead of bashing the hell out of it like he does now.

...god...

Reaction score
Also makes fun of R-Truth's shitty ass raps/songs. Always a bonus.

...god...

Reaction score
Btw, how Blue was it that AJ got eliminated when she won practically every contest and is obviously the best overall girl on that show. You know, not that I pay that much attention and all, but still. :/

McFly...

Reaction score
Kaitlyn's the winner. I swear to god they better make this worth my while.

The audience was fucking racist. You and I could see it

CMS

Reaction score
Meh, the winner won't even get a title match, and you know at the very least Naomi and AJ will get to the main roster as well.Kaitlyn winning makes sense, she already has a set up storyline with Vickie and Ziggler which never really seemed to end.

noumenon

Reaction score
Awesome. Another useless pair of tits. Well... not that tits are useless... no offense to tits.

Reaction score
people actually sit and watch this show??? shit ay. people must be Blue