The Hobbit: An Unexpected Journey Discussion Thread (2012)

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

ThePlumber702

Reaction score

Release Date: December 14, 2012
Studio: MGM
Director: Peter Jackson
Screenwriter: J.R.R. Tolkien (story), Fran Walsh (among others)
Starring: Hugo Weaving, Cate Blanchett and Elijah Wood
Genre: Adventure, Fantasy
Official Website: facebook - http://www.facebook.com/TheHobbitMovie

Plot Synopsis:Bilbo Baggins, a Hobbit, journeys to the Lonely Mountain accompanied by a group of dwarves to reclaim a treasure taken from them by the dragon Smaug.

Trailer: Coming Soon

ThePlumber702

Reaction score
Evangeline Lilly and Barry Humphries Join The Hobbit!

Read more: Evangeline Lilly and Barry Humphries Join The Hobbit! - ComingSoon.net http://www.comingsoon.net/news/movienews.php?id=78790#ixzz1Ps6IU252

ComingSoon.net said:
Peter Jackson announced today on Facebook that Evangeline Lilly ("LOST") and Barry Humphries (Dame Edna) have joined the cast of "The Hobbit" films! Here is his post:

Yikes! I can finally get back to some postings! We've finished our first block of shooting and moved straight into location scouting. More on that soon... But today, I'm thrilled to announce two new cast members who will be joining us for our second block of shooting.

Evangeline Lilly will be playing a new character—the Woodland Elf, Tauriel. Her name means 'daughter of Mirkwood' and, beyond that, we must leave you guessing! (No, there is no romantic connection to Legolas.) What is not a secret is how talented and compelling an actress Evangeline is; we are thrilled and excited she will be the one to bring our first true Sylvan Elf to life.

I'm also highly excited that Barry Humphries will be portraying the Goblin King, in much the way Andy Serkis created Gollum. Barry is perhaps best known for his business and social connections as the long-time manager of Dame Edna Everage. He has also been an ardent supporter of the rather misunderstood and unfairly maligned Australian politician, Sir Les Patterson. However, in his spare time, Barry is also a fine actor, and we're looking forward to seeing him invest the Goblin King with the delicate sensitivity and emotional depth this character deserves.

Evangeline and Barry, along with Welsh actor Luke Evans as Bard and Benedict Cumberbatch as Smaug, just about rounds out the major casting. I cannot wait to get stuck into these new scenes!

More soon, including a flurry of answers to your questions. Sorry for the delay!

Cheers,

Peter J

Fuji Vice

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
stanhansen
Favorite Wrestler
brusierbrody
Favorite Wrestler
rickrude
Favorite Wrestler
randysavage
hobbit-poster_127290.jpg

[video=youtube;G0k3kHtyoqc]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=G0k3kHtyoqc&feature=g-logo&context=G22609d7FOAAAAAAAAAA[/video]​

TroyTheAverage

Love That Danhausen
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
sting
Favorite Wrestler
LDuO6dG
Favorite Wrestler
EtPxwR9
Favorite Wrestler
ArsUxsj
Favorite Wrestler
nwo
Favorite Wrestler
dx
Favorite Sports Team
timberwolves
Favorite Sports Team
xNN1pyG
Favorite Sports Team
MK6AEv8
Can't say that I am excited for this. I thought LOTR and it's sequels were overrated garbage. I can't even sit through them.

Fuji Vice

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
stanhansen
Favorite Wrestler
brusierbrody
Favorite Wrestler
rickrude
Favorite Wrestler
randysavage
Can't say that I am excited for this. I thought LOTR and it's sequels were overrated garbage. I can't even sit through them.

I always enjoyed The Hobbit story more than the LOTR one, so I'm at least a little excited to see it come to life. Personally I agree with you on the LOTR films and outside of some good moments in The Two Towers, felt the entire series was completely overrated and nothing more than Peter Jackson indulging himself to near obscene levels. As I said once before, the best part of The Hobbit coming out will be fanboys crying foul over the things changed in the movie from the book, that's always good for some chuckles.

TroyTheAverage

Love That Danhausen
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
sting
Favorite Wrestler
LDuO6dG
Favorite Wrestler
EtPxwR9
Favorite Wrestler
ArsUxsj
Favorite Wrestler
nwo
Favorite Wrestler
dx
Favorite Sports Team
timberwolves
Favorite Sports Team
xNN1pyG
Favorite Sports Team
MK6AEv8
True that. I don't think they realize how hard it is to make a movie from a book when you can always put so much more in a book.

Cyrus Riddle

Reaction score
As a big fan of The Hobbit book, I am very interested in seeing the film...LOTR was good to an extent, but I felt certain parts could have been condensed, it felt as if they were dragged out in certain parts.

Citan

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
kurtangle
Favorite Wrestler
mickfoley
Favorite Wrestler
ajstyles
Looks pretty damn good. They're definitely recapturing the feel of the LOTR films while maintining a different tone.

A whole year is far too long.