The CONCERTS ARE AWESOME Thread

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Sabretooth

Reaction score
Tonight I went to my first concert. It was at Mohegan Sun and it was none other than KISS. Let me tell you they tore the fucking house down. 40 years has nothing on them. It was like they never got older. My first concert was amazing and I hope to go to more.

Now what concerts have you guys gone to and where?

Wangman Page

Cowboy Shit
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
hulkhogan
Favorite Wrestler
ajstyles2
Favorite Wrestler
nwo
Favorite Wrestler
boots2asses
Re: CONCERTS ARE AWESOME! How many have you been to?

Did you get diarrhea?

Sent from my PG86100 using Tapatalk 4 Beta

The Viper

Reaction score

Went to around 4 or 5 *Nsync concerts when I was 5-6. 1 Backstreet Boy concert around the same time. 1 "All That" special concert with a bunch of bands from the late 90's, early 00's and a Coheed & Cambria concert later on in life when I was either 18 or 19.

Postman Dave

Reaction score

Went to my first when I was 21, have been to about ten I reckon. The most recent being Amanda Palmer & The Grand Theft Orchestra. They are pretty gnarly, but I'm already at that point I have to wear ear plugs to prevent permanent damage to my hearing.

Fuji Vice

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
stanhansen
Favorite Wrestler
brusierbrody
Favorite Wrestler
rickrude
Favorite Wrestler
randysavage

Way too many to remember since I used to work in the music industry but some of the best ones...

Pink Floyd - This was on the Division Bell tour and aside from the concert itself, there was a fireworks display over Lake Ontario that you could see in the background and it was nuts.
Metallica - I've seen them three times but this show on the Load tour was insane, they literally blew up the stage during Enter Sandman.
Bruce Springsteen - Both times I've seen this guy he's put on a hell of a show, probably the best live solo act that I've ever seen.
Gogol Bordello - Not a really well known band, but any one where the lead singer crowd surfs while singing is worth a mention...plus they have an accordion player...I love that.
Beastie Boys - This was an instrumental show that they did to promote their album "The Mix-Up" and it was a suit and tie affair. Very classy.
Elton John and Billy Joel - No real reason needed to explain how awesome this was.
Bob Mould - Ear splitting but worth it, he played pretty much every song of his that I liked.
The Police and The Smiths - A tad too young to appreciate the level of awesome that this was, but I liked it all the same when I was younger.

I've seen KISS as well and agree with Sabs that they're a great live band. Their songs aren't very good, but they definitely make up for it with the stage presence and showmanship.

Sabretooth

Reaction score

Way too many to remember since I used to work in the music industry but some of the best ones...

Pink Floyd - This was on the Division Bell tour and aside from the concert itself, there was a fireworks display over Lake Ontario that you could see in the background and it was nuts.
Metallica - I've seen them three times but this show on the Load tour was insane, they literally blew up the stage during Enter Sandman.
Bruce Springsteen - Both times I've seen this guy he's put on a hell of a show, probably the best live solo act that I've ever seen.
Gogol Bordello - Not a really well known band, but any one where the lead singer crowd surfs while singing is worth a mention...plus they have an accordion player...I love that.
Beastie Boys - This was an instrumental show that they did to promote their album "The Mix-Up" and it was a suit and tie affair. Very classy.
Elton John and Billy Joel - No real reason needed to explain how awesome this was.
Bob Mould - Ear splitting but worth it, he played pretty much every song of his that I liked.
The Police and The Smiths - A tad too young to appreciate the level of awesome that this was, but I liked it all the same when I was younger.

I've seen KISS as well and agree with Sabs that they're a great live band. Their songs aren't very good, but they definitely make up for it with the stage presence and showmanship.

Heaven's on Fire and Detroit Rock City are pretty damn good

Wangman Page

Cowboy Shit
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
hulkhogan
Favorite Wrestler
ajstyles2
Favorite Wrestler
nwo
Favorite Wrestler
boots2asses

No. Just answer the question. Thanks

I was and drop the tude. I was only asking because the last time you went to this place you had the diarrhea just trying to rule out same place same results type of thing.

Def Leopard at a fair. Nice show and a great time to hear all of their great songs.

Ratt and bunch of other 80's bands at a little festival. Nice little show.

When o think of some others I will let you know.

Sent from my PG86100 using Tapatalk 4 Beta

TactMrBlack

Reaction score

I've seen KISS live as well. I don't really like them, but their set was amazing. I think when I saw them Saliva was the opener.

I saw Blink 182 in October in Ohio at an outside venue. It was so cold.The original date was sometime in July, but they had to reschedule after DJ AM passed away. Weezer was supposed to open for them but couldn't because they were on another tour.

I've seen Fall Out Boy multiple times. Love them.

I've seen Panic at the Disco

I've seen MC Chris and met him

I've seen Katy Perry when she was blowing up and got to meet her too.

I've seen Gym Class Heroes a few times and got to meet them.

I've seen Eminem live when the Eminem Show came out. Ludacris was there too..

I saw 50 cent when Get Rich or Die Tryin' came out.

I've seen +44 and Angles and Airwaves when Blink was broken up. (I disliked both)

I've also seen Reel Big Fish and met the lead singer for them

I can't think of anymore right now.

The Great Cochrane

Reaction score

I haven't been to a concert in a long time but I have to say the biggest concert I went to was Gigantour 2008 with Megadeth, In Flames, Children of Bodom and Job For a Cowboy. JFAC are horrible live and it pains me to say they're the band I've seen live the second most! I've also seen Parkway Drive and Trivium numerous times and Born of Osiris when they first came to Canada. I also saw Slipknot at Mayhem Fest that same year I saw Megadeth and I went to Warped Tour in 2010. Pretty much sums up the the big ones I've been to. The last concert I went to was three years ago when I saw As I Lay Dying with All That Remains (who suck), Unearth (who are incredible), and Carnifex. Oh and Sounds of the Underground in both 2005 and 2007.

Castiel

Reaction score

Went to around 4 or 5 *Nsync concerts when I was 5-6. 1 Backstreet Boy concert around the same time. 1 "All That" special concert with a bunch of bands from the late 90's, early 00's and a Coheed & Cambria concert later on in life when I was either 18 or 19.

BEST FUCKING ANSWER.

Somehow I knew you had gone to KISS, Sabs. They were just down here too, Shinedown open for them?

I've been a few Silverstein gigs, that's about the best we get around here. I went to one actual big concert when I was young but it was Black Eyed Peas so fuck that. Cancer Bats coming here soon, hoping to get to that too!

I had a ticket to Warped Tour last year but couldn't make it Toronto so the ticket just hangs on my wall now. Blows.

Sabretooth

Reaction score

BEST FUCKING ANSWER.

Somehow I knew you had gone to KISS, Sabs. They were just down here too, Shinedown open for them?

I've been a few Silverstein gigs, that's about the best we get around here. I went to one actual big concert when I was young but it was Black Eyed Peas so fuck that. Cancer Bats coming here soon, hoping to get to that too!

I had a ticket to Warped Tour last year but couldn't make it Toronto so the ticket just hangs on my wall now. Blows.

No some band called LEOGUN opened for them. They were really good as well.

How'd you know I went to KISS?

I just tried to get Bon Jovi tickets but they're sold out. I'm pissed

Castiel

Reaction score

I think they're on a world tour and I know you're into classic rock and stuff, lucky guess! Haha

Jimmy King

It’s Britney, bitch
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
oAYiXZo
Favorite Wrestler
eAVr0ua
Favorite Wrestler
johncena
Favorite Wrestler
DjUmJN2
Favorite Wrestler
nock3cf
Favorite Wrestler
eIHNFff
Favorite Sports Team
padres
Favorite Sports Team
Zjaonp3

Matchbox 20 - Back in 1997 or 1998 (don't recall). I was in middle school at the time, and I wasn't much into the current music that kids my age were into that time so my Mom took me to this with her.

Serj Tankian & The Foo Fighters - I had went to this concert mainly for Serj, who was awesome as the opening act. Then Foo Fighters came out, and tore the house down.

Slipknot - This was 4 years ago during their "All Hope Is Gone" tour, and this was the show that got me liking them. I was aware of them before this show, but wasn't really into them until I saw them live. Amazing show, these guys have so much energy on stage and the crowd loved them. Trivium opened up for them, and they were good. Then Coheed & Cambria, who weren't very good (not a fan anyways so didn't really bother me that they weren't good).

Five Finger Death Punch - The openers were 2cents, God Forbid, and Shadows Fall, who were all pretty good. Then 5FDP came out and rocked the house. That was the most insane mosh pit I have seen, and I was right near it because the venue was small.

Rockstar Uproar Festival - Went to this in 2010 and 2011. In 2010 the headliner was Disturbed, but the opening act before them was Avenged Sevenfold and they stole the show. Other bands that were there that year were Halestorm, Hellyeah, Stone Sour, Hail to the Villain, and few others that I'm forgetting. Avenged Sevenfold headlined in 2011, so they are the only band that I have seen twice. Other bands that were there that year were Three Days Grace, Seether, Bullet for my Valentine, Black Tide, Airbourne, and The Art of Dying.

System of a Down - This was their reunion tour in 2011. Great show and they played all of my favorite songs. The opening act was Gogol Bordello, and they were quite interesting.

Joey

Reaction score

Ive been to a few basement shows, some festival stuff, and i just went to Jay Z and Justin Timberlake with [MENTION=717]BrothersofDestruction[/MENTION]