The CONCERTS ARE AWESOME Thread

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Reaction score
Been a boring year compared to other concert years only show I ended up going to was Asking Alexandria, Whitechapel, Motionless in White, and Chimera. Wasn't a bad lineup just seemed to kind of clash and Asking Alexandria's double bass broke 2 songs in and took forever to fix. Highlight was Motionless in White, 3rd or 4th time, can't remember, seeing them live and they seem to be the best at show every time.

Postman Dave

Reaction score
2014-04-25214948_zpsa602cd61.jpg

Alkaline Trio, Bristol 25/04/14

Fucking finally.

After trying to see them live for years with numerous mishaps, I finally ticked AK3 off my "bands to see bucket list". I've been a big fan for about 4 years now and have missed them three times previously for one reason or another.

Being a fan, it's pretty obvious I'm going to like the show. This was a no fucking around set by the guys, moving from song to song with little down time. I was a little disappointed by the setlist for a couple of reasons. Firstly, if I was to say I have 5 favourite AK3 songs, they played 1

Obviously this will happen with bands with as large a back catalogue as they do, and I checked out their previous shows set lists beforehand to avoid being too disappointed. But that being said, a band with 8 albums behind them really should be varying up their set lists more and not playing the exact same songs in the exact same order all tour.

That said, the crowd were better than they usually are in this area. I've always felt Bristol crowds don't seem to get involved as much as they should. Luckily, this lot were more lively, with "Private Eye" & "Stupid Kid" being pretty intense. Wish they were more up for "Warbrain" though.

Best track was easily the last son of the encore "Radio", weakest was "Balanced On A Shelf" but that's likely down to it being a song from a little known EP only the more hardcore fans would be aware of.

But yeah, very enjoyable show. And thanks to them still having loads of songs I need to hear live, definitely coming back for more.

And yes, I do find it amusing that I'm posting about bands like this whilst having Taylor Swift plastered all over my profile.

Sabretooth

Reaction score
I saw cher live a few weeks ago. She was fucking great for 67. I was the youngest one there but who gives a fuck

Castiel

Reaction score
Great to hear, LB!

I hit up Protest The Hero on Friday night and they killed it. I live in Newfoundland which I'm sure most of you guys (maybe the exception of Fuji) know little about but Protest love it here so much that they wrote a song about it. They played it twice because well, it's our pride and joy and filmed some stuff for a video for it I hear. The second performance of it (the encore) was the most incredible thing I've ever been apart of. A good few hundred people singing along to every word and just going crazy. Chilled for a bit after the show and talked to Tim, their guitar player since we were both rocking some Gravetakers gear.

Other than that, lots of my friends showed up for the gig and I saw some of the people I met at Silverstein a few months ago so it was just a really positive and great time.

Also, here's the song about Newfoundland if anyone cares. I don't know how many will dig the style but yeah. They said when they play it around the world people have no fucking clue where they're talking about. :lol:

[video=youtube;cCu3bBMAUlo]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cCu3bBMAUlo&feature=kp[/video]

Swinny

Reaction score
Any Pink Floyd fans here? If so, if you ever get a chance to see Brit Floyd... do it. Amazing show, they really do Pink Floyd justice in every way, both musically and with the stage show.

Swinny

Reaction score
I'm going to Alice in Chains tonight and super pumped. They've been apparently killing it this tour, so I can't wait.

Fuji Vice

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
stanhansen
Favorite Wrestler
brusierbrody
Favorite Wrestler
rickrude
Favorite Wrestler
randysavage
I'm going to Alice in Chains tonight and super pumped. They've been apparently killing it this tour, so I can't wait.

Nice, enjoy the show. I saw Tom Petty last night, he was pretty damn awesome if a little subdued. Still a great show.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Swinny

Reaction score
Awesome, I'd love to see Petty and what I've seen of him and the Heartbreakers live recently they still sound great.

Lover Boy

Certified
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
adamcole
Favorite Wrestler
d6hYDrE
Favorite Wrestler
ZIF7zVA
Favorite Sports Team
2JJnnx8
I don't actually think I ever mentioned it but I saw Drake in concert in Sheffield in March.

It was absolutely exceptional, Drake puts on a hell of a show.

Postman Dave

Reaction score

Jello man, have a blast!

I don't actually think I ever mentioned it but I saw Drake in concert in Sheffield in March.

It was absolutely exceptional, Drake puts on a hell of a show.

I seem to recall you and Viper talking about it. Besides, I doubt you'd keep this under wraps for this long :lol:

Lover Boy

Certified
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
adamcole
Favorite Wrestler
d6hYDrE
Favorite Wrestler
ZIF7zVA
Favorite Sports Team
2JJnnx8
I remember saying I went to The Eagles (who were incredible) but I can't remember saying I went to see Drake.