The Change Is Already Here.

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Byron Hicks

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
mickfoley
Favorite Wrestler
nwo
Favorite Wrestler
bretthart
Favorite Wrestler
chrisjericho
Favorite Wrestler
eddieguerrero
Favorite Wrestler
stonecold

It seems as though I was exactly where I was a week ago. And that was probably because, I was. Driving down yet, another very long stretch of highway. This was the oh-so, simple life of a professional wrestler? Heading onward and onward down the highways. Mile marker after mile marker; heading to the next show. The next match, and the next opponent. Mine was some guy named Holden. Who apparently was a Bernie Sanders supporter or some shit like that. Just another bum trying to make a name for themselves in lavish world of professional wrestling. A joke Really. He is looking for nothing more then the next free hand out and someone to be a good daddy to him. To take him by the hand and tell him everything is going to be alright. Take him to bed and tuck him in at night. To read him bedtime stories and kiss him goodnight. Tell him not to worry; sleep well and don’t let the bedbugs bite. Someone to check under his bed for monsters. For the things that go bump in the night...Well, this kid Holden is soon to realize, that all the stories were true. He thought he had faced down all his fears when he got older. Fears of his past when his daddy used to beat him as child after one to many cocktails. He thought he had slayed the monster of his childhood and was all grown up now with nothing left to fear. Well, he is in for a very rude awakening; if he thinks his nights of terror were over. Nothing can save him from me, not his father nor the guy who turns out not to be his father... It was of no matter to me. He was nothing compared to a real monster like me. Holden was nothing more than the entertainment for the bloodthirsty. And I am one to please so... This time, I am planning on leaving them will with more then enough for them to have their fill. I am planning on giving them the bad guy they so hoped they would meet.

Because, to be honest I sincerely doubted he had the answers to offer up. No, I was looking for something else. I didn’t know what...Still I couldn’t give up and I had to keep on going forward. Hopefully, the next stop on the tour had some sort of information. Something concerning my parents murder, And or maybe even the disappearance of her…Letting out a half sigh and half laugh, under my breath. I was angry yet, somewhat amused at the thought. The thought that even now after one hundred years, I still didn’t even have the capability to mention her name without pain.

“Sophia.” I cringed.

Forcing her name out from my mouth, it burnt my lips just saying it. I don’t even know why I said it? It’s not like she was just going to magically appear or anything. I would of been kidding myself if I had thought otherwise. It wasn’t like it had been all those long years ago. When it seemed like she would always just suddenly appear somehow. When I would speak or even think about her. It was weird… If only I had let it bother me more or maybe if I knew then that she was using her powers.

“Maybe… Just..” I said then stopped myself.

Ah, nevermind. No sense in worrying about how things and how they might of been. I couldn’t shake the fact that I still just wish I could go back... Back, before I was the way I am now. Back, before I had the hunger for human blood, that never quits. And a heart that was forever broken. Now all that remained was my hatred of her. She had turned me and left me alone for one hundred years. And I knew deep down she had to also be the one who killed my parents. I mean i’m not dumb, what else could of happened?

Just one of the many questions to remain unanswered; questions that need answered.The thing was... I didn’t have a clue as to where to start. All I knew was that I am now stuck on this bizarre path placed before me. I still couldn’t believe that I a real vampire, had now been turned and trained to become a wrestler, who was pretending to be a vampire. How idiotic the masses were these days?. And how easily it was to hide the truth in plain sight. Funny, how things worked out sometimes. At least, now I had the perfect cover to do as I wished. I had the idiot opponent named North, that faced in my first match to; thank for that. He went off flapping his big mouth off, naming every vampire pop culture reference he could think of. And apparently, he had just the right amount of stupid spewing from his mouth.. Because, I was told by some of the higher ups after my match, that it had been just enough to get me “over”.

At least that's what they called it... Claiming to be when the fans had either hated me or loved me. At the end of my match I didn’t know what to expect. I had disqualified myself to prove a point that if you piss me off. I had no problem ending your career.I had no claim to fame or glory. I wanted no title or praise. Yet, to my surprise they had grown to be accepting of me and my job in playing the role I was here to fill. As a heel... A badguy... A villain. But, more importantly a fighter to entertain them. To fill their own bloodlust. And well... I can completely relate with bloodlust. They would like to nothing more to see some spilled on the mat. While I myself on the other hand would settle for it, served in a rocks glass at a perfect 98.6 degrees. So, I would continue to play along with this little charade. Just as long as it would lead me to what I needed. Yet, so far that wasn’t going to exactly to plan. Seeing as I haven’t learned jack squat so far. And I was getting to be grow quite impatient.

Maybe the next town or the one after that might have what I was after. The mere thought was quite annoying. Still it was the only choice I had at the moment. So, I would have to keep the faith. Hope. Funny, a vampire holding on to a feeling such as hope. This was the only choice I had. I still didn’t like it. But, it is what it is I guess. Following the path that a witch had sent me down. Was I a fool? I didn’t think I so… Strangely, there was something about her and it wasn’t just the fact that she was willing to help a vampire... I trusted her and I felt something oddly comforting about her.. And I did after all see the first sign. Just like she said I would… Where there was once nothing but, darkness before. Now there was a little speck of light. And I had her to thank for that.

“Felicity.” I said aloud to myself.

Once again I confused to all hell and back. I had no idea why I had just spoken another women’s name aloud to myself. But, this time the weirdest part was I didn’t feel pain when I thought of her.. No it was different with her. I didn’t know why...Just then I got the urge to see her again. Maybe tell her I found the first sign and she had helped me with that. Lucky, me...Two women I wished to see and two women I had no idea where they were. There was one thing that was for sure; out of all this crazy mess I was now caught up in. And that was all of this fucking thinking about the past and hope... It had left me with a dry mouth and I was in desperate need of a quenching. And I’m not talking about the blood kind of thirst. No, I was in the mood for the only thing could cure all my dilemma. And that was booze and a whole hell of a lot of it. So, from then on I had a new game plan...Find the nearest bar, and drink until I couldn’t remember anyone's name.

It took a little bit but, I finally found an agreeable exit and went on my merry little way. Looking for the nearest neon sign saying bar or pub that I could find. And there she was...A little hole in the wall, right off the interstate.I didn’t let the meagre appearance stop me from turning into the parking lot. I was just some old ran down little strip mall, that was set back a little ways from the road. If they all have got bourbon then; they definitely had a patron in me. As I parked my car and got out shutting the door behind me. I knew deep down that it might just be a bad idea to go inside. My first clue was the trail of motorcycles I had just passed, walking toward the entrance. The second clue was the number of heads that turned and began to watch my every move, as I walked inside. Approaching the bar the bartender was facing the wall, his back facing towards me. As I reached the side of the bar the people on the stools, just turned back and began to just watch the televisions on the wall to whatever mindless sports game was on.

“Bourbon Neat.” I said.

The bartender then turned to face me. A burly fellow with a huge scar on the right side of his face and military tattoo on his right bicep. Intimidating to say the least, but I still wanted the drink and by his long blank expression. I didn’t think I was going to get one at this bar. But, I wasn’t taking no for answer and I had just the trick for this occasion. I leaned forward slightly I looked deep into his brown eyes and began to channel my will on to him. I gazed into his mind and spoke to him once again.

“Bourbon Neat.” I said once again.

This time he was powerless to resist my command as he reached for a bottle and a shot glass both at his arms reach of the other..As he poured the drink, I felt the tension the room shift from murderous to a more peaceful felonious assault tone. And as I slammed the first shot and signaled for him to leave the bottle as I took a seat on the stool in front of me. It shifted again and I knew I was going to be fine to drink away my sorrows. As I was about to pour myself another shot. I felt a tap on my shoulder and I thought…”Here we go I am going to have to kill them all.” But, then I heard a woman's voice call out.

“Let’s see you try and play that little trick on me.” She said.