The Avengers Discussion Thread (2012)

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

ThePlumber702

Reaction score
The Avengers

Aveng.png

Release Date: May 4th 2012
Studio: Marvel
Director: Joss Whedon
Screenwriter:Joss Whedon(among others)
Starring: Robert Downey Jr., Chris Evans and Scarlett Johansson
Genre: Action, Sci Fi
Official Website:http://marvel.com/avengers_movie/

Plot Summary: Nick Fury and the international agency S.H.I.E.L.D. bring together a team of super humans to form The Avengers to help save the Earth from Loki & his various membered army.

Trailer: [YOUTUBE]1hPpG4s3-O4[/YOUTUBE]

Last edited by a moderator:
Reactions: 1 person

TroyTheAverage

Love That Danhausen
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
sting
Favorite Wrestler
LDuO6dG
Favorite Wrestler
EtPxwR9
Favorite Wrestler
ArsUxsj
Favorite Wrestler
nwo
Favorite Wrestler
dx
Favorite Sports Team
timberwolves
Favorite Sports Team
xNN1pyG
Favorite Sports Team
MK6AEv8
Today’s trend appears to be learning crucial bits of spoilery information from toys tied in to major blockbusters. After Amazing Spider-Man toys tipped us off to a possible photo of Rhys Ifans’ Lizard character, we’re now hearing that a villain from Marvel movies past might have a significant part in Joss Whedon’s The Avengers, due out in theaters in May.

WARNING: POTENTIAL SPOILERS AHEAD!

That would be Captain America’s nemesis, Red Skull, played by Hugo Weaving in Joe Johnston’s origin story from last summer. DigitalSpy is reporting from a HeroClix preview that Skull will appear alongside Loki (Tom Hiddleston) as the villains in Whedon’s film. We’ve already seen Loki in the early film trailers, but had now idea that Skull could resurface.

It makes sense. Captain America and Thor went out of their way to establish both Red Skull and Loki as vital enemies. As of right now, Iron Man (Robert Downey Jr.) and Hulk (Mark Ruffalo) lack recognizable foes that could be brought into the Avengers fold. So if Whedon wants to build something truly massive in scope, he’d be wise to bring in more than one opponent for this might Marvel team. I’ve long believed that Whedon needs a significant villain to justify the pairing of all of these superpowers. Maybe his solution is to have two villains?

Unlike the Spider-Man story, there’s no real toy showing Red Skull in an Avengers pose, so this could be nothing more than a rumor. We’ll likely know more as we get closer to the Avengers’ release date, which is May 4.

If that is true, I would love to see him standing next to Loki. I think they need more than one villain in these movies. A handful all working together would be awesome.

TroyTheAverage

Love That Danhausen
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
sting
Favorite Wrestler
LDuO6dG
Favorite Wrestler
EtPxwR9
Favorite Wrestler
ArsUxsj
Favorite Wrestler
nwo
Favorite Wrestler
dx
Favorite Sports Team
timberwolves
Favorite Sports Team
xNN1pyG
Favorite Sports Team
MK6AEv8
One of the fun things about the internet, aside from instant access to ten billion cat videos, is getting to see all the foreign versions of trailers. Sometimes they include new footage, sometimes they sell the movie in a totally different way, and sometimes it's just hilarious to watch different voices coming out of well-known celebrities' mouths. Take, for instance, the Russian trailer for Joss Whedon's The Avengers. It offers two of the three above perks, not to mention that everything seems more badass in Russian. Here's the trailer, courtesy of MSN Russia. http://video.ru.msn.com/watch/video...&src=CPPlayer:posterframe:titleBar^link:uuids

For more of your viewing pleasure.

Postman Dave

Reaction score
[video=youtube;rE09rUdpB94]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rE09rUdpB94[/video]

Legitimately made my dick move.

I mean, Hulk is punching planes FFS.

TroyTheAverage

Love That Danhausen
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
sting
Favorite Wrestler
LDuO6dG
Favorite Wrestler
EtPxwR9
Favorite Wrestler
ArsUxsj
Favorite Wrestler
nwo
Favorite Wrestler
dx
Favorite Sports Team
timberwolves
Favorite Sports Team
xNN1pyG
Favorite Sports Team
MK6AEv8
I didn't think it was possible, but this movie is looking better and better every time I see a trailer or new pics.

Castiel

Reaction score
Some movies are just so huge you can't believe it, this is one of them. I can not wait for this movie! That trailer was so damn good!

Gentleman Jake

You Must Have Me Confused with Someone Far Less Awesome
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
scotthall
Favorite Wrestler
kevinnash
Favorite Wrestler
hhh
Favorite Wrestler
shawnmichaels
Favorite Wrestler
randysavage
Favorite Wrestler
nwo
i just came....twice

Wangman Page

Cowboy Shit
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
hulkhogan
Favorite Wrestler
ajstyles2
Favorite Wrestler
nwo
Favorite Wrestler
boots2asses

TroyTheAverage

Love That Danhausen
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
sting
Favorite Wrestler
LDuO6dG
Favorite Wrestler
EtPxwR9
Favorite Wrestler
ArsUxsj
Favorite Wrestler
nwo
Favorite Wrestler
dx
Favorite Sports Team
timberwolves
Favorite Sports Team
xNN1pyG
Favorite Sports Team
MK6AEv8
I don't think Resident Evil 5 will be a huge movie. It may barely register a top 10. It will open huge and have a huge drop off like the last two. This movie will definitely be a top 10 movie. There seems to be a lot of good movies that will come out this year.

TroyTheAverage

Love That Danhausen
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
sting
Favorite Wrestler
LDuO6dG
Favorite Wrestler
EtPxwR9
Favorite Wrestler
ArsUxsj
Favorite Wrestler
nwo
Favorite Wrestler
dx
Favorite Sports Team
timberwolves
Favorite Sports Team
xNN1pyG
Favorite Sports Team
MK6AEv8
It's common knowledge, but American films don't always maintain their titles when they are shipped overseas. A perfect example of this came just last year when it was revealed that What's Your Number?, the new Anna Faris/Chris Evans comedy, was being titled ex List in France. Sometimes it's a cultural thing and sometimes it has to deal with language. That said, I don't really understand why the UK feels the need to do it with The Avengers.

Empire has gotten their hands on an international version of the Avengers poster that was released this morning, and while 99% of it is the same, there is one key difference: the title has been changed to Avengers Assemble. Check it out below.

The_Avengers_Gets_New_Title_The_UK_1330466704.jpg

I must admit that I'm totally mystified by this chance, as it's not as though Marvel calls the comics anything else in other markets. The only thing that I can possibly think of is that the studio wants to make it stand apart from the 1960s British television series starring Patrick Macnee and Diana Rigg (that was later turned into a truly awful movie with Uma Thurman, Ralph Fiennes and Sean Connery). If that really is the reason it's a pretty silly one, as I'm fairly sure that neither The Hulk nor Iron Man ever made an appearance in the show.

Directed by Joss Whedon, The Avengers stars Robert Downey Jr., Chris Evans, Mark Ruffalo, Chris Hemsworth, Jeremy Renner, Scarlet Johansson, Clark Gregg, Cobie Smulders and Samuel L. Jackson. The film is set to debut here in the states on May 4th and a new trailer is set to arrive online tomorrow.

I actually don't mind this. I kind of like the new title personally.

Postman Dave

Reaction score
Stupid fucking country....

That said, the poster is badass.

Gentleman Jake

You Must Have Me Confused with Someone Far Less Awesome
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
scotthall
Favorite Wrestler
kevinnash
Favorite Wrestler
hhh
Favorite Wrestler
shawnmichaels
Favorite Wrestler
randysavage
Favorite Wrestler
nwo
super badass poster

Castiel

Reaction score
[video=youtube;jdZTsVzwWnI]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jdZTsVzwWnI&feature=youtu.be[/video]

So badass! I seriously can not wait for this movie.