The Amazing Spider-Man

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Eddie North

Reaction score
I love that they are rebooting this movie. The 3rd movie sucked, I'm a huge Venom fan and the way they used him wasn't just. One of Spiderman's biggest Villians/Allies in our generation gets a whole 30 minutes in the Movie just to be killed off, when multiple movies would of did the series more justice and would of been more true to Spiderman Lore. Rami had stated he didn't like the character and wouldn't use him the way fans would of wanted him. I would of loved to have seen the Carnage story line play out even though it would never happen. Carnage would require an R rating which would closed the movies biggest money maker, kids. The second was far better and the only thing I didn't like about it was that Doc Oc, dies at the end. Most of the stories used in the comics fall to the wayside when, especially now adays, movies are going to multiple parts with success. They would make more money if they did what they did with the avengers, build up Diff Spiderman Villains and then make a two part Spiderman Movie just devoted to the Sinister Six or even if they went a route with Venom and Carange, not to mention the other Villains that have yet to make it into the movies, Kraven, Shocker, Rhino, Scorpion, Mysterio. It is a shame that they had to reboot for Rami and Toby not doing it, but hopefully they can correct some of the mistakes. Villains migrating into the next movie should happen just like in the Xmen Movies and Superman. The way I understand it the only reason they are rebooting Batman after Dark Knight Rises is because of Ledgers death, Joker was supposed to be apart of the next movie and future films but didn't want to have a replacement for the role because it wouldn't be as good nor would it be a repectful thing to do. Anyway, that's enough of my rant...

Reactions: 1 person

Sabretooth

Reaction score
I love that they are rebooting this movie. The 3rd movie sucked, I'm a huge Venom fan and the way they used him wasn't just. One of Spiderman's biggest Villians/Allies in our generation gets a whole 30 minutes in the Movie just to be killed off, when multiple movies would of did the series more justice and would of been more true to Spiderman Lore. Rami had stated he didn't like the character and wouldn't use him the way fans would of wanted him. I would of loved to have seen the Carnage story line play out even though it would never happen. Carnage would require an R rating which would closed the movies biggest money maker, kids. The second was far better and the only thing I didn't like about it was that Doc Oc, dies at the end. Most of the stories used in the comics fall to the wayside when, especially now adays, movies are going to multiple parts with success. They would make more money if they did what they did with the avengers, build up Diff Spiderman Villains and then make a two part Spiderman Movie just devoted to the Sinister Six or even if they went a route with Venom and Carange, not to mention the other Villains that have yet to make it into the movies, Kraven, Shocker, Rhino, Scorpion, Mysterio. It is a shame that they had to reboot for Rami and Toby not doing it, but hopefully they can correct some of the mistakes. Villains migrating into the next movie should happen just like in the Xmen Movies and Superman. The way I understand it the only reason they are rebooting Batman after Dark Knight Rises is because of Ledgers death, Joker was supposed to be apart of the next movie and future films but didn't want to have a replacement for the role because it wouldn't be as good nor would it be a repectful thing to do. Anyway, that's enough of my rant...

The way your describing it makes it sound like you want 10 films :lol:

Fuji Vice

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
stanhansen
Favorite Wrestler
brusierbrody
Favorite Wrestler
rickrude
Favorite Wrestler
randysavage
They should do Kraven's Last Hunt for sure, that's one of the best Spiderman stories and would be enough to get me out to see it.

Sabretooth

Reaction score
They should do Kraven's Last Hunt for sure, that's one of the best Spiderman stories and would be enough to get me out to see it.

I'd like to see a movie with Electro and Vulture as the villains

Sabretooth

Reaction score
Well one day until release. It actually looks amazing. I'll probably be seeing it soon

Postman Dave

Reaction score
Gonna see if a mate wants to see it Wednesday. Got the week off, so why not?

Postman Dave

Reaction score
Thoughts on the film:

It's alright. I can't say it's better or worse than the first until I see the original again, but I didn't leave the cinema thinking "wow, can't wait to see that again". Andrew Garfield is a far better and relate able Peter Parker than Tobey Maguire but Maguire has him beat as Spidey. Garfield's comes across as more douchey.

That said though, Emma Stone > Kirsten Dunst in every way imaginable, don't worry if you hated the blonde hair in the previews she's still hot as hell in this film. Sheen & Leary both do fine jobs as does Ifans. I'd definitely say the cast is much better this time around but the movie is just missing that "something". Maybe it has too much going on plot wise at times, maybe it's the whole "high school spidey" thing it has going, I dunno.

Certainly not a waste of money by any means, but out of 10, it's an easy 7.

Eddie North

Reaction score
I just got home from watching it, and I must say, I thoroughly enjoyed it. You def have to go into it not trying to compare it to the first because it is completely different. The easiest way to describe said difference is where Toby's version was more comic/cartoony the new one is more realistic. I'd give it a solid 8 out of 10 and look forward to the sequel.

Postman Dave

Reaction score
Read an article earlier that pretty much explained what I thought was missing. Quite a few plot points were left forgotten and unfinished.

Eddie North

Reaction score
IMO, not just plot points, there were a few characters missing and a few plot points that weren't missing but just wrong from the lore, but not necessarily make or break plot points that make it a bad movie.

Postman Dave

Reaction score
IMO, not just plot points, there were a few characters missing and a few plot points that weren't missing but just wrong from the lore, but not necessarily make or break plot points that make it a bad movie.

Agreed, I certainly enjoyed the movie I just feel the writing held back the great cast it has.

Eddie North

Reaction score
it could of been better, but I certainly don't hate the direction they are going in, imo Lizard was a better done villain then Goblin was, not saying Goblin was bad, but losing that power ranger feeling was a plus.

Castiel

Reaction score
Really enjoyed it. Great cast, Garfield is a much better Spidey then Maguire. I think just as a whole this series feels like it'll be better then the Rami trilogy.