The Amazing Spider-Man

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Fuji Vice

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
stanhansen
Favorite Wrestler
brusierbrody
Favorite Wrestler
rickrude
Favorite Wrestler
randysavage
TBH I don't get the flack part 3 gets, I saw it on the Midnight release showing and loved it. Then again I'm a huge Venom mark.

Oh I agree that it gets undue flack, but that doesn't change the fact that 2 was a much better film.

Castiel

Reaction score
2 was the best of the Raimi films but I still think people think of those too highly, they weren't all that great, and Brandon you suck that suit is badass!

Reaction score
When I think of Marvel or Capcom action films, i think of a story with quite a few characters, and the one thing that blew me about #2 was only having Dr. Octopus. Eventhough he is a mega character all in his own... NO DOUBT... If they had him side with Shocker or someone small, then I would have praised it more...

#3 was the best in my opinion... Sandman dude, Venom, Hob Goblin....

Kross Rhodes

Israel Has the Right to Exist
Reaction score
Website
wrestlingsmarks.com
Favorite Wrestler
emma
Favorite Wrestler
YA1yyED
Favorite Wrestler
frmoJZU
Favorite Wrestler
nock3cf
Favorite Wrestler
danielbryan3
Favorite Wrestler
tLCb5kv
Favorite Sports Team
WYT3shw
Favorite Sports Team
fRXTMaD
Favorite Sports Team
LechI0u
Favorite Sports Team
RHZ7KJg
2 was the best of the Raimi films but I still think people think of those too highly, they weren't all that great, and Brandon you suck that suit is badass!
Nah dude, those films were incredible. Certainly no way this film could be even close to being as good. So you like form fitting material? :lol:

When I think of Marvel or Capcom action films, i think of a story with quite a few characters, and the one thing that blew me about #2 was only having Dr. Octopus. Eventhough he is a mega character all in his own... NO DOUBT... If they had him side with Shocker or someone small, then I would have praised it more...

New Goblin. That wasn't the Hob Goblin.

Fuji Vice

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
stanhansen
Favorite Wrestler
brusierbrody
Favorite Wrestler
rickrude
Favorite Wrestler
randysavage

Meh, too many cooks spoil the broth, they shouldn't have to resort to over-saturating films with villains. The reason 2 was the best was simply due to Molina's outstanding performance as Octavius. If there had been another villain hogging the spotlight we would have lost a lot of that.

Fuji Vice

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
stanhansen
Favorite Wrestler
brusierbrody
Favorite Wrestler
rickrude
Favorite Wrestler
randysavage

Fuji Vice

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
stanhansen
Favorite Wrestler
brusierbrody
Favorite Wrestler
rickrude
Favorite Wrestler
randysavage
okay, needless to say it was still a lengthy enough movie to have thrown a minimal villan in there, or even have had someone that aids him maybe

Tim Burton's Batman was basically the same length as Spiderman 2 and didn't need a secondary villain. I get that you like more, that's clear, but the fact remains that Octopus, as Joker did in the Batman film, was more than capable of carrying the film by himself.

Reaction score
overall, im not saying it was a bad movie, your making it out like i hated the whole second film. I just hate that they didnt give the 3rd film a chance to produce a 4th, with having carnage or the lion tamer guy, or the vulture or lizard come into the picture with tobey macguire.

Fuji Vice

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
stanhansen
Favorite Wrestler
brusierbrody
Favorite Wrestler
rickrude
Favorite Wrestler
randysavage
overall, im not saying it was a bad movie, your making it out like i hated the whole second film. I just hate that they didnt give the 3rd film a chance to produce a 4th, with having carnage or the lion tamer guy, or the vulture or lizard come into the picture with tobey macguire.

Not making it out like you hated it, just arguing that I honestly believe the series did not get progressively better. I felt 3 was disjointed, had a drawn out second act that went nowhere and the ending sucked.

Who is the lion tamer guy? Do you mean Kraven the Hunter? Because I've often argued that the Kraven's Last Hunt story would be the most compelling Spiderman film and hopefully they can do that one day.

Fuji Vice

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
stanhansen
Favorite Wrestler
brusierbrody
Favorite Wrestler
rickrude
Favorite Wrestler
randysavage
yeah Kraven! I liked him in the comics and on the cartoon series! but my favorite villan was Shocker...

Was never a huge fan of the character, outside of his bomb costume. Your Vulture idea would have been good as well, I always liked that character. I liked Mr. Mysterio as well as Electro. But yes, Kraven would be amazing and a believable villain is always the best.

TroyTheAverage

Love That Danhausen
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
sting
Favorite Wrestler
LDuO6dG
Favorite Wrestler
EtPxwR9
Favorite Wrestler
ArsUxsj
Favorite Wrestler
nwo
Favorite Wrestler
dx
Favorite Sports Team
timberwolves
Favorite Sports Team
xNN1pyG
Favorite Sports Team
MK6AEv8
If you live in a major city, you might have noticed some mysterious graffiti that vaguely resembles the elongated logo from the Amazing Spider-Man poster. If you pay attention at all to movie marketing, you'll know that's not accident-- Sony has been coordinating a viral game across the country through the site Mark of the Spider-Man, and those who played along got to unlock the first full clip from the movie. Of course, now that the game is through, the rest of us get to enjoy the fruits of their labor. Take a look at the movie's first clip below.

[YOUTUBE]CxCl_vUOHoA[/YOUTUBE]​

So we've got Peter Parker! Facing off against an adversary! Trying to get to his true love, Gwen Stacy! So, sure, the doorman isn't as fearsome as the Lizard-- and if Peter were as clever as his alter-ego Spider-Man, he really should have been able to talk himself out of this pickle. But the scene is funny and nicely paced, showing off Andrew Garfield's comic timing and filling in a piece of the puzzle from the newest trailer, where he lands on Gwen's balcony and offers the explanation, "Your doorman's intimidating." We can probably assume that's the result of this scene-- not the bravest way for Peter to go, but he can save that courage for later on, when he really needs it.

It's been a good couple of weeks for Spider-Man fans, with all the new footage looking impressive, and Sony ramping up the marketing campaign to guarantee we'll be seeing much more where that came from. I'm still a little concerned we're being shown too much, and there won't be enough surprises in store when the movie comes to theaters on July 3. But so long as everything they show us keeps looking good, can we really complain?

It was funny, but I am still not amped for the movie.

Swamps

Space Cowboy
Reaction score
Favorite Sports Team
WrE8t1L
Favorite Sports Team
HHst8yg
Favorite Sports Team
lurU13l
Favorite Sports Team
ceaRtck
Saw a trailer for this film tonight and,.I'm amped up to see this! Sadly I'll have to wait until it is released on.dvd.