The Amazing Spider-Man

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

TroyTheAverage

Love That Danhausen
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
sting
Favorite Wrestler
LDuO6dG
Favorite Wrestler
EtPxwR9
Favorite Wrestler
ArsUxsj
Favorite Wrestler
nwo
Favorite Wrestler
dx
Favorite Sports Team
timberwolves
Favorite Sports Team
xNN1pyG
Favorite Sports Team
MK6AEv8
The Amazing Spider-Man (2012)

Release Date: July 3, 2012
Studio: Columbia Pictures
Director: Marc Webb
Screenwriter: Alvin Sargent (screenplay), Steve Kloves (screenplay),
Starring: Andrew Garfield, Emma Stone, Rhys Ifans
Genre: Action, Crime, Drama
Official Website:http://theamazingspiderman.com/

Plot Summary: Teenager Peter Parker grapples with both human problems and amazing super-human crises.

Trailer: Coming Soon!

While we have no clue just when Columbia Pictures will be dropping a new trailer for The Amazing Spider-Man, one has to imagine that it will be fairly soon. Much like The Dark Knight Rises, the movie released a teaser trailer this past summer, but last week we saw a full theatrical preview for the next Batman adventure and we're still waiting to see more from the webslinger. The Marc Webb-directed movie has been staying in conversation thanks to a new poster, banners, and website, but we continue to wait for the next bit of footage. Today we once again have another stop-gap thanks to some brand new officially released images.

Posted over on the film's official Facebook page, you can check out the new stills below.

Said to be the untold story of everyone's favorite wall-crawler, The Amazing Spider-Man revisits the character's origin with Andrew Garfield, Emma Stone, Rhys Ifans, Denis Leary, Martin Sheen and Sally Field. Making some significant changes to the tone, style and approach to the character (as seen above, he now has artificial webshooters instead of organic ones), the new movie will see the Marvel comic book hero go up against a villain never before seen on-screen: The Lizard. The Amazing Spider-Man will be released on July 3, 2012.

Click on the images to enlarge:

Still unsure about this since it was so soon after Sam Raimi's Spider-Man. I wouldn't be so meh about it if it wasn't another origin story though.

Citan

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
kurtangle
Favorite Wrestler
mickfoley
Favorite Wrestler
ajstyles
I wouldn't be so meh about it if the special effects didn't look so goddamn awful. :p

Fuji Vice

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
stanhansen
Favorite Wrestler
brusierbrody
Favorite Wrestler
rickrude
Favorite Wrestler
randysavage
I wouldn't be so meh about it if it wasn't another origin story though.

I feel exactly the same way. Do we really need yet another re-telling of the spider bites him and he is irresponsible with his powers which leads to the death of his beloved Uncle Ben (who also makes rice, its true) this time played by Martin Sheen instead of Cliff Robertson?

NO!!!

Why couldn't they turn the Kraven's Last Hunt storyline into a film? Now that I would be interested in. Still, I'm actually a big fan of Steve Kloves writing after his excellent work on the Potter films, so I can see the script being good. That being said, I won't be rushing out to watch this.

Postman Dave

Reaction score
Still unsure about this since it was so soon after Sam Raimi's Spider-Man. I wouldn't be so meh about it if it wasn't another origin story though.

This.

I wouldn't mind a reboot if the last entry in the series was at least 10 years old. But the fact that the original run was in my lifetime really makes me weary. And the trailer did jack shit for me personally.

Citan

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
kurtangle
Favorite Wrestler
mickfoley
Favorite Wrestler
ajstyles
I think they should have made Spiderman 4, and THEN reboot the series.

TroyTheAverage

Love That Danhausen
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
sting
Favorite Wrestler
LDuO6dG
Favorite Wrestler
EtPxwR9
Favorite Wrestler
ArsUxsj
Favorite Wrestler
nwo
Favorite Wrestler
dx
Favorite Sports Team
timberwolves
Favorite Sports Team
xNN1pyG
Favorite Sports Team
MK6AEv8
Or this should have been Spider-Man 4. I would not have had a problem with them replacing Maguire, Dunst and Franco for another entry. They are supposed to be late teens/early twenties so replacing them would have been fine. Hell replace everyone but just keep the series going. It would have been a lot easier and better in my opinion.

Citan

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
kurtangle
Favorite Wrestler
mickfoley
Favorite Wrestler
ajstyles
I agree.

Except for Dylan Baker as Dr Connors, since he really wanted to play The Lizard. I thought he deserved it.

Oh and J.K. Simmons, who freakin nailed the role of Jonah Jamieson.

Postman Dave

Reaction score
[video=youtube;-tnxzJ0SSOw]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-tnxzJ0SSOw[/video]

Looks better than before, but still struggling to get excited.

TroyTheAverage

Love That Danhausen
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
sting
Favorite Wrestler
LDuO6dG
Favorite Wrestler
EtPxwR9
Favorite Wrestler
ArsUxsj
Favorite Wrestler
nwo
Favorite Wrestler
dx
Favorite Sports Team
timberwolves
Favorite Sports Team
xNN1pyG
Favorite Sports Team
MK6AEv8
I am still not all that impressed. It looks decent and I am off of my "will never watch it" kick. I will end up watching it, but not in theaters like I did for the others.

Postman Dave

Reaction score
Same. Certainly doesn't look sucky but there are plenty of other films I'll be seeing before it this summer.

Castiel

Reaction score
I don't get all the negative thoughts on this... looks amazing to me! Better then the Rami ones too actually, it looks like it has an actual decent story and isn't just the same old origin story as it has Peter looking for why his parents left or whatever, not to mention the Spidey suit looks really awesome! This is going to be a great year for Marvel, and hell a great year for comic book movies in general actually!

Kross Rhodes

Israel Has the Right to Exist
Reaction score
Website
wrestlingsmarks.com
Favorite Wrestler
emma
Favorite Wrestler
YA1yyED
Favorite Wrestler
frmoJZU
Favorite Wrestler
nock3cf
Favorite Wrestler
danielbryan3
Favorite Wrestler
tLCb5kv
Favorite Sports Team
WYT3shw
Favorite Sports Team
fRXTMaD
Favorite Sports Team
LechI0u
Favorite Sports Team
RHZ7KJg
[video=youtube;-tnxzJ0SSOw]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-tnxzJ0SSOw[/video]

Looks better than before, but still struggling to get excited.

I am still not all that impressed. It looks decent and I am off of my "will never watch it" kick. I will end up watching it, but not in theaters like I did for the others.
I'm still struggling to get excited. I've yet to get past the "will never watch it" kick.

I don't get all the negative thoughts on this... looks amazing to me! Better then the Rami ones too actually, it looks like it has an actual decent story and isn't just the same old origin story as it has Peter looking for why his parents left or whatever, not to mention the Spidey suit looks really awesome! This is going to be a great year for Marvel, and hell a great year for comic book movies in general actually!
Blasphemy. Raimi's Spider-man was excellent.

And the suit is the biggest disappointment about this IMHO.

Reaction score
The guy playing Spiderman looks like the guy in the comics who should be playing Carnage...

I have grown into Tobey MacGuire playing Spiderman so much so, that I feel like anyone else who makes the attempt with ruin the franchise. The first 3 films were completely badass. From great, to supreme, better and better with each release. I dont see a purpose to relaunching the franchise period. It would be understandable if Tobey didnt want to continue, however, #1 im sure he got fucking paid rediculous so that could not be it... #2 the director went on to other things...

If Tobey was not interested, then they could at least pick up from the previous film. I'm so tire of seeing remakes, it is fucking rediculous to me.

I will go see it just because of how much of a fan of The Lizard I am, that is my only reason. However, I feel they will murder the franchise

Fuji Vice

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
stanhansen
Favorite Wrestler
brusierbrody
Favorite Wrestler
rickrude
Favorite Wrestler
randysavage
The first 3 films were completely badass. From great, to supreme, better and better with each release.

You can honestly say you thought 3 was better than 2?

Kross Rhodes

Israel Has the Right to Exist
Reaction score
Website
wrestlingsmarks.com
Favorite Wrestler
emma
Favorite Wrestler
YA1yyED
Favorite Wrestler
frmoJZU
Favorite Wrestler
nock3cf
Favorite Wrestler
danielbryan3
Favorite Wrestler
tLCb5kv
Favorite Sports Team
WYT3shw
Favorite Sports Team
fRXTMaD
Favorite Sports Team
LechI0u
Favorite Sports Team
RHZ7KJg
You can honestly say you thought 3 was better than 2?

TBH I don't get the flack part 3 gets, I saw it on the Midnight release showing and loved it. Then again I'm a huge Venom mark.