Taz on why he left TNA

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Jay

Reaction score
PWINSIDER said:
Former ECW World champion Taz released a new podcast yesterday discussing his decision to leave TNA, which you can listen to now at Play.it.

In the 32 minute audio, Taz goes into great detail about his decision to leave TNA and I'd suggest listening to the entire audio to get his entire side of the story. During the audio, Taz made it clear that he asked for and received his release and that he was not fired by the company.

Taz also confirmed PWInsider.com's report that he did not go to a scheduled voiceover session as his paychecks were late. Taz said he treats the business as a business and that he's since been paid by the company. Taz said TNA was apologetic, "understanding and kind" about his position. He said the company "had their reasons" for why things happened on their end and he wasn't going to go into that said and also made it clear he wasn't going to bash them after years of working for them and "waving their flag."

Taz noted he was very happy with what he was being paid and that there was also no truth to a story he left TNA because of issues with Josh Mathews. Taz did say there was a "falling out" personally, but he wouldn't have left because of another employee and that he has no problem working with someone he isn't friends with and has even wrestled people he personally hated in the past and was professional about it, as was the other person. He also shot down any stories that he tried to have Mike Tenay return to replace Mathews.

Taz specifically thanked a number of people he worked for and with during his TNA run, including Dixie Carter, John Gaburick, Eric Bischoff, Matt Conway, Dave Lagana, Vince Russo and Bob Ryder.

I still have to listen to the podcast, but sounds like a classy Taz.

Deezy

DZ PZ
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
brethart2
Favorite Wrestler
newjack
Favorite Wrestler
ddp
Favorite Wrestler
therock
Favorite Wrestler
nwo
Favorite Wrestler
wolfpac
Damn, it's true......Nobody likes Josh Matthews.

Crippler

Prove me wrong
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
chrisbenoit2
i quit listening to his podcast cause he doesn't know what a draft is, plus he sounded like everything tna did was so damn good. So @Jay tell me what he says now plz.

Jay

Reaction score
i quit listening to his podcast cause he doesn't know what a draft is, plus he sounded like everything tna did was so damn good. So @Jay tell me what he says now plz.

Essentially, he said that he left because he wanted to chase other projects. He said the the money issue wasn't s big of a deal as the internet made it and that he didn't leave because of Josh Matthews.

Which BTW -- Josh Matthews did a great job on IMPACT.

Deezy

DZ PZ
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
brethart2
Favorite Wrestler
newjack
Favorite Wrestler
ddp
Favorite Wrestler
therock
Favorite Wrestler
nwo
Favorite Wrestler
wolfpac
Subtle burial of Josh Matthews makes me smile, he is an unlikeable person tbh.

Jay

Reaction score
Subtle burial of Josh Matthews makes me smile, he is an unlikeable person tbh.
Please, explain how he's unlikeable? Have you met him? Did he blow you off?

Just cause a person is good at their job doesnt mean they are unlikeable.

Deezy

DZ PZ
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
brethart2
Favorite Wrestler
newjack
Favorite Wrestler
ddp
Favorite Wrestler
therock
Favorite Wrestler
nwo
Favorite Wrestler
wolfpac
Please, explain how he's unlikeable? Have you met him? Did he blow you off?

Just cause a person is good at their job doesnt mean they are unlikeable.
He got buried by almost everyone he was paired with in interviews.......that and his comments about Jim Ross.