Tatanka's Unbeaten Streak?

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Keith

WCW Halloween Phantom
Reaction score
When I was a kid/teenager during the early 90s Tatanka was one of my favourites. I was impressed by how long his unbeaten streak lasted, and liked how he was different to the likes of Hogan, Sid, Taker etc..

So three questions.

1. How important was Tatanka's unbeaten streak in getting him over?

2. What did you think of Tatanka overall and which feuds or matches of his did you like the most?

3. What did you think of his heel turn?

Deezy

DZ PZ
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
brethart2
Favorite Wrestler
newjack
Favorite Wrestler
ddp
Favorite Wrestler
therock
Favorite Wrestler
nwo
Favorite Wrestler
wolfpac
I thought Tatanka was awesome, mainly because I'm native and you didn't see many on TV.

I don't think his unbeaten streak mattered because he wasn't really involved in major feuds outside of IRS who tore up his head dress. Didn't even know he had a 2 year unbeaten streak until he lost to Ludvig Borga.

Heel turn was alright, personally I think he should've been a solo act and not in the Million Dollar Corporation and been more of a political heel, denouncing white America for the genocide of the natives.

Keith

WCW Halloween Phantom
Reaction score
I thought Tatanka was awesome, mainly because I'm native and you didn't see many on TV.

I don't think his unbeaten streak mattered because he wasn't really involved in major feuds outside of IRS who tore up his head dress. Didn't even know he had a 2 year unbeaten streak until he lost to Ludvig Borga.

Heel turn was alright, personally I think he should've been a solo act and not in the Million Dollar Corporation and been more of a political heel, denouncing white America for the genocide of the natives.

Agree on the winning streak. It only got mentioned now again, and they only made a big deal of it when he lost it. It could have meant more if it was one year rather than two. I did quite like the feud and matches with Martal, the Luger match at KOTR, and the Bigelow one from Rumble 94.

It was a good twist him going heel and switching to the Corporation, but you may have a point he would have had a better chance of getting over as a heel if he stayed solo.