Suggestions On How to Make IWF Better. Seriously.

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Reaction score
This stems off my thread in HIAT. Here goes:

• Actually give Staff positions out to people who are active and deserve them. People like Sharpshooter (My new fav poster), Straightedge, Airfixx, Montana and others. Give people complete control over a few sections and let them decide the rules/punishments for those sections (& If someone complains about spam/trolling/useless posts then take it up with the mod(s) who are in charge of those sections. Have 2 or 3 people in charge of the wrestling sections (JB, Montana and someone else). Have someone in charge of Casual & serious discussion and have people in btb/reviews and other stuff. But appoint active members. Keep some of the current staff. Also, i suggest keeping the SMods as they are. Perhaps appoint a 2nd admin since Mike's on his own.
  • Encourage members to post & advertise threads. Organize a weekly "Thread of the week" contest and the winner would get his name in a different colour (Colour is their choice).
  • Get rid of the "applying for Troll-U / VIP". I think it would be easier and better for members to automatically get those shit when they get to 1/2000 posts.
  • Don't let members drive away other members. Inform the member that you will stop the trolls from trolling you & If the trolls don't leave him/her alone, Infract & Temp ban.
So yeah.. Mike, Make those happen.. Just like you did with the "Let's change John's name without telling him" Stint.

Oh & BTW, Can you please return my name to John. Thankyou. Let's cut the childish shit, You weren't even around during my 1st run here.

...god...

Reaction score
It's a GROUP you dumb bastard. It's not a 'part of the forum,' it has almost entirely nothing to do with the forum. I can create a group called Small Show is a dumb smurf and not let you in, would you complain about not being able to view the forum? It's a PRIVATE group, that's the entire point of it; only a select group of people being able to see the fucking thing hence 100% entire point of groups.

Reaction score
FOR THE LAST TIME, It is not a group. You can't see the Troll-U section unless MS approves you. You are wrong, bro.

...god...

Reaction score
and nothing at all is wrong with the forums aside from lack of advertising.

JurassicBonez

Reaction score
You make good points but...

[*]Get rid of the "applying for Troll-U / VIP". I think it would be easier and better for members to automatically get those shit when they get to 1/2000 posts.

Really John? Troll-U? It's a user group. Nothing more nothing less. It's like a club on the forum. There are no perks, no don't gain anything from it, it's just a group.

This Guy

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
brethart2
Favorite Wrestler
paige
Favorite Wrestler
chrisjericho
I'm going to try and treat this thread with the seriousness that it was created. So here we go.

Actually give Staff positions out to people who are active and deserve them. People like Sharpshooter (My new fav poster), Straightedge, Airfixx, Montana and others.

Correct me if I'm wrong, but isn't sharpshooter a glorified spammer? How would that make a better staff member? Montana has been staff before but would never even view the staff room so would not be aware of new things, directives or rules that were layed out. He may be an active poster, and I like the guy, but if he's not going to participate in staff discussions to me that means he's not staff worthy. I do like Straightedge, I even voted for him in the mod elections. Airfixx I don't really know. A lot of that has to do with me not being as active anymore.

Give people complete control over a few sections and let them decide the rules/punishments for those sections (& If someone complains about spam/trolling/useless posts then take it up with the mod(s) who are in charge of those sections.

I think that could be asking for trouble. Here's why. If say one mod is really strict and others are not, you run the risk of confusing members as to what the rules actually are. The way it is now, does make a little more sense, with there being a set rules for the entire forum and you know the risks of breaking said rules, and if a mod chooses to let it slide fine, but if they don't well you knew that was a possibility since you knew it was against the rules.

Have 2 or 3 people in charge of the wrestling sections (JB, Montana and someone else). Have someone in charge of Casual & serious discussion and have people in btb/reviews and other stuff. But appoint active members. Keep some of the current staff. Also, i suggest keeping the SMods as they are. Perhaps appoint a 2nd admin since Mike's on his own.

If you have Smods (or global mods as they are now called) you don't really need more then one admin. There isn't a whole lot that a gmod can't do that an admin can't.

Encourage members to post & advertise threads. Organize a weekly "Thread of the week" contest and the winner would get his name in a different colour (Colour is their choice).

this is just dumb. Or maybe its just me. I mean I wouldn't feel encouraged to post more just because there was a thread of the week contest.

Get rid of the "applying for Troll-U / VIP". I think it would be easier and better for members to automatically get those shit when they get to 1/2000 posts.

as G1 has said, Troll-U is a private group....anyone can create a group and the creator of that group can decide who to let in and who not. Just like on Facebook. You can create your own group if you want and make it a private or not priave. Monk has choosen to make his private. Thats his right as a member and as the creator of the group, and that will not change.

as for VIP, that will always remain as is as well. Content contained within VIP needs to stay as hidden as possibe for legal reasons.

Don't let members drive away other members. Inform the member that you will stop the trolls from trolling you & If the trolls don't leave him/her alone, Infract & Temp ban.

I agree and disagree. I disagree because the majority of the trolling of any member (not just new members) is mainly contained within HIAT. Personally if you take everything said about you on the internet so seriously, I really don't want to know you that much. But I do agree that trolling outside of HIAT as well as flaming etc does need to be reduced and the rules against it enforced a little more often then they are.

Reaction score
im wondering if Small Show was being scarcastic when he said i should be a mod.

And TG, what you said about me being a glorified spammer, dead on but if i was appointed to a position of power (however little) i would probably cut down if not stop all together.

Reaction score
I was being serious, Sharpshooter. SS isn't a spammer, I said he's a troll. Of course we need more than 1 administrator. I suggest Knox Beard tbh. Hell, If I was admin, I'd be on every hour. I've not seen Mike appear online in days. Maybe that's by coincidence but im here allday so maybe not.

As for different rules, I say that we should have overall rules and staff who are willing to actually enforce the rules or just let the mods of the sections decide what rules there are for that section (Of course, There would be general rules like no spam, no advertising, no racial hatred, no NSFW images/links).

This Guy

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
brethart2
Favorite Wrestler
paige
Favorite Wrestler
chrisjericho
I was being serious, Sharpshooter. SS isn't a spammer, I said he's a troll. Of course we need more than 1 administrator. I suggest Knox Beard tbh. Hell, If I was admin, I'd be on every hour. I've not seen Mike appear online in days. Maybe that's by coincidence but im here allday so maybe not.

As for different rules, I say that we should have overall rules and staff who are willing to actually enforce the rules or just let the mods of the sections decide what rules there are for that section (Of course, There would be general rules like no spam, no advertising, no racial hatred, no NSFW images/links).

Even sharpshooter says he's a spammer so how can you say he's not.

As I said in another thread, Mike has a life, and its not even his forum. For the fact that Mark doesn't pay him to run his forum I say Mike is pretty freaking dedicated these days. Why are you here all day long then? What could possibly be that intresting to spend all day here. I like it here, but there is nothing that intresting to keep me here all day sometimes not even everyday.

As for the rules that is how it pretty much is now. Its the staff who decide what rules to enforce and which ones not too. It even says in the rules, its the moderators discression. So again I don't see any need for change.

maty619

Reaction score
Hold on, does Troll-U not have a sub-forum in HIAT? Anyway, I couldn't care less about it, John although you are making a good effort this forum doesn't need improving all that much from what I can see, we just need to get rid of the likes of 408kid, he is like a dead weight on IWF's shoulders, he is weighing this forum down with his stupid threads claiming this forum is bad.