1. Welcome to the Wrestlingsmarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Dismiss Notice

Suggestion Box

Discussion in 'Forum Announcements & Feedback' started by Twitchy, May 30, 2014.

1. Admin Post
    Dale

Dale Is Best For Business

emma
    randyorton
    mickiejames2
    therock
    lita3
    kofi
    Pretty sure he means the spam section was the one that was filled with all them 'games' threads. This or that blah blah blah which if it is what he means, is now in the General Discussion

2. Twitchy

Twitchy Slaters Gonna Slate

stonecold2
    machoman
    heathslater
    chrisjericho2
    alsnow
    melina
    aha. Thanks for the clarification!

3. Roadster

Roadster Active Member

uUsHwHt
    akiratozawa
    samoajoe
    ajstyles2
    undertaker
    L1l4tIp
    User groups.

Not sure if it's a VIP thing or if I just haven't seen it but I would love user groups where the group will have a section only visible to the group members. If it were to be implemented, I would like to have the first one

4. John McHenry

John McHenry I am The LAW

jtg
    mrperfect2
    chrisjericho
    brianpillman
    shaneomac
    stonecold2
    Pretty sure that feature is around here somewhere or it used to be. Team Friendship was one of them.

5. Roadster

Roadster Active Member

uUsHwHt
    akiratozawa
    samoajoe
    ajstyles2
    undertaker
    L1l4tIp
    I would love for it to return because I've been looking around for it and it hasn't shown up anywhere.

6. It was the Friendship Police.

7. Twitchy

stonecold2
    machoman
    heathslater
    chrisjericho2
    alsnow
    melina
    When you say section, do you mean a section on the forum only other group members could post in? IF this were to be implemented, what exactly are you looking to post that you cant already? Additionally, do you think by having a 'special' section you would be able to recruit new members?

8. Roadster

Roadster Active Member

uUsHwHt
    akiratozawa
    samoajoe
    ajstyles2
    undertaker
    L1l4tIp
    There's a special XF add on that allows users to apply to user groups. The moderator then decides on whether or not the user is accepted. It's not that you can't post things out in the open, rather just a place for you and your friends to talk and hang out without being confined to a linear PM system where making threads isn't possible.

(Free) Add on: https://xenforo.com/community/resources/join-user-group-by-waindigo.225/

9. Twitchy

stonecold2
    machoman
    heathslater
    chrisjericho2
    alsnow
    melina
    I will look into the Add on. One concern I have is that we already have custom user groups, and dont want this to interfere with those.

Still have same question. Would you have your own section in the forum? Say, Kings Group. Where 'kings group' was only visible to 'kings group' members, and invisible to other members? If this is the case, what exactly are you looking to have in this area, an open forum for any threads? (only visible to 'kings group')

10. John McHenry

John McHenry I am The LAW

jtg
    mrperfect2
    chrisjericho
    brianpillman
    shaneomac
    stonecold2

That is possible making it invisible to all non member except mods or you could have an open group in which everyone could see it. Basically all it does is allow group messaging as opposed to PMing adding it's not a big deal, not adding it isn't much of a loss either.

Twitchy likes this.
  11. Roadster

Roadster Active Member

uUsHwHt
    akiratozawa
    samoajoe
    ajstyles2
    undertaker
    L1l4tIp
    Basically, a Group section is made. Everyone can view that section but inside is a sub-section only members of the group and mod/admin can see and post in. They don't interfere with "Registered" and user groups like that. Another one I found was

https://xenforo.com/community/resources/social-groups-by-waindigo.891/

That one gives the group moderator a lot more control over their group, and it's easier than the other one.

12. Killswitch

Killswitch Legend In My Spare Time

Where are the bookie's for WrestleMania?

13. Anaconda Vice

Anaconda Vice Well-Known Member

stanhansen
    brusierbrody
    rickrude
    randysavage
    They're stickied in the Wrestlemania 31 section.

1 person likes this.
  14. The Linebacker

The Linebacker [Blank Space]

Yeah, check the individual match threads

1 person likes this.
  15. Killswitch

Killswitch Legend In My Spare Time

Oh ok. Sorry bout that guys. Thanks!