Spoiler: Straight Edge Society breaking up?

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Reaction score
Credit: F4WOnline.com

Joey Mercury will be out of action for several months after undergoing surgery over the weekend to repair a torn pectoral muscle. It’s considered a six month recovery process.

Despite the injury, Mercury is expected to remain on television since he had his arm on Monday’s RAW just days after surgery. Many feel that with Serena’s recent release, it wasn’t a good time to remove Mercury from television since the Straight Edge Society wouldn’t be much of a group with two people. However, Punk and Gallows broke up at the following night’s Smackdown television taping, so the injury may have been the catalyst to disband the group.

---------

Ugh. The SES could be a major faction within WWE and I'm wondering what the future for Gallows will be. He's a good wrestler who lacks charisma so maybe a face turn? As for Mercury, I hope he gets better. Maybe Gallows and Mercury could return as a team and face Punk (Who would have a replacement for Gallows.. Perhaps someone from FCW) in a tag match. I think this is an awful move for Punk.

JurassicBonez

Reaction score
SES HAD potential, but it was a flop from it's early stages. They had Punk, Gallows, Serena, and the mask guy that would randomly appear, yet Mysterio dominated the feud. They had the upper hand and out of the entire program, I think Punk/SES only won once or twice. Punk's shaving was a dud. Had Mysterio been forced to join SES, it would have been great. And I'm not even a Mysterio fan. The pay off would have been even better. Punk's unmasking was anti-climatic. Joey Mercury being revealed was anti-climatic. They are all now jobbing to Big Show. Serena gets fired for drinking OUTSIDE of work. She wasn't drunk, just drinking. Mercury is now injured. And Gallows is boring. It was a major flop. I've been saying that for a while. I don't know why people thought they were so great when they never got out of 1st gear.

Reaction score
SES HAD potential, but it was a flop from it's early stages. They had Punk, Gallows, Serena, and the mask guy that would randomly appear, yet Mysterio dominated the feud. They had the upper hand and out of the entire program, I think Punk/SES only won once or twice. Punk's shaving was a dud. Had Mysterio been forced to join SES, it would have been great. And I'm not even a Mysterio fan. The pay off would have been even better. Punk's unmasking was anti-climatic. Joey Mercury being revealed was anti-climatic. They are all now jobbing to Big Show. Serena gets fired for drinking OUTSIDE of work. She wasn't drunk, just drinking. Mercury is now injured. And Gallows is boring. It was a major flop. I've been saying that for a while. I don't know why people thought they were so great when they never got out of 1st gear.

You are nothing short of being completely right. The only reason people thought SES was so great was because, honestly, Punk was so great. He really didn't need them, he made his bones on the indies doing the straight edge heel act as a single guy and he'll probably continue on with it in the E solo.

...god...

Reaction score
SES did their job. They stood behind Punk looking like a cult, that was their job. Lance Cade stood behind Jericho looking like his protege while Jericho epitomized his greatness on the mic. SES wasn't suppose to be a legit faction, they were good while they lasted imo. The lowpoints like you stated obviously consisting of all the unmasking shit, it was all done just so badly. But it wouldn't have mattered because the fact that the group was never even in the main event or around the title in anyway is what hurt them the most and made them seem the least credible as people didn't give a shit.

Reaction score
The thing is that WWE did once put Punk & Gallows into the tag team title picture but DX overshadowed them in another case of "Merch & Popularity over sense & Storylines". The masked man angle should have been longer and he should have been unmasked on a PPV, Not a Smackdown show. Even better, WWE should have had CM Punk battle someone (Rey Mysterio?) in a "Mask vs. If Rey Loses, He joins SES". What do you think to that?

...god...

Reaction score
Even better, WWE should have had CM Punk battle someone (Rey Mysterio?) in a "Mask vs. If Rey Loses, He joins SES". What do you think to that?

Clearly you haven't even watched the feud because they did EXACTLY THAT. But thanks, because that brings me to two other reasons why this wasn't as successful as could be. A) Rey should have joined the SES. It coulda presented great obstacles Punk could put before Rey before he inevitably snaps and then you can shave Punk's head or whatever the fuck.
B) What dumbass moron in the back of creative came up with the idea to swap Morrison to Raw while they had Joey Mercury under contract and then decided to play this angle out with Mercury with NO MENTION or appearance of John Morrison. If they didn't have this feud in mind, they could have EASILY swapped him back in a loser leaves Raw match/feud against Ted, to perfectly set up Morrison vs. SES with Mercury THEN showing up as the masked man and this all making so much more sense and flowing so much more well together if there was no downs kids involved. This could have alone elevated Morrison into main event and Punk back into main event (not like he can't just walk back in any time he wants though) because this feud coulda been epic.

Lady Redfield

Itchy tasty
Reaction score
I miss the old days when Punk was by himself. I like SES but I wouldn't mind at all if they broke up. When they come out, who even notices the other members, anyways? No one gives a shit about anyone except Punk. Shave his beard, grow his hair back, and get the old Punk back with all his new wittyness.

Reaction score
Clearly you haven't even watched the feud because they did EXACTLY THAT.

I meant Mask (As in if Punk loses, Joey must reveal himself) and if Rey loses, He must join the SES. There needed to be more focus around the mystery man revealing himself and it should have been on a bigger show than Smackdown. If this was done live, There'd be more of a Wow factor. As for Rey joining the SES, It will never happen. Rey sells too much merch & the kiddies would hate him to be in the SES.

...god...

Reaction score
I obviously wasn't saying he'd turn heel.. it'd be to get SES more heat.

Quintastic One

Reaction score
If anything SES made CM Punk look even more weak. Because before they even banded up CM Punk was more than capable of taking out the Smackdown main eventers by himself. But suddenly once he got some lackeys he got soft and couldn't even pick up decisive wins in a tag team match.

I think Punk still has some credibility left to move past this and rise back up to the main events. If need be, give him a few matches against the likes of Christian & Matt Hardy in order to give him some wins against guys who are gonna make him look good. Then return him to the upper cards where they desperately need some credible faces.