Spike tv green lights TNA for monday night starting Jan.4,2010

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

The Rated R CMStar

This actually isnt negative. If TNA actually gets more ratings, then it will awake the WWE. (this pokes the question if TNA is ready to battle the monster that WWE could be in a battle when in total control).

If they fail, well, nobody actually expect them to beat WWE or anything like that so they go back to they were.

My only problem with it is that their premise for the new Monday Night War is "hey, Hulk Hogan is here!", and I don't think that's enough.

Colin Gimp

Reaction score
like this idea i'm getting way too old to watch wrestling twice a week

wwe will actually have to put on a quality show every minute of their timeslot.

tna while poorer production will rise to this occasion. imagine all of the tna guys who would give their left nut to outshine monday night raw

wwe is going to have to undo everything they did post benoit to keep their ratings and to annihilate tna once and for all

noumenon

Hey random question... why did TNA go through all the trouble of getting the new "HD" set and everything if Spike isn't even broadcast in HD?

Chuck Taylor's Grenade

TNA barely drew 500 paying customers for their biggest show of the year. What makes them think they can even come close to competing with Raw? Especially when the Rock is hosting. If they were smart they would have had their Monday show when Raw was preempted by Tennis or something.

Kizza

like this idea i'm getting way too old to watch wrestling twice a week

wwe will actually have to put on a quality show every minute of their timeslot.

tna while poorer production will rise to this occasion. imagine all of the tna guys who would give their left nut to outshine monday night raw

wwe is going to have to undo everything they did post benoit to keep their ratings and to annihilate tna once and for all

It's also a chance for TNA guys to impress WWE.

straight_edge76

TNA barely drew 500 paying customers for their biggest show of the year. What makes them think they can even come close to competing with Raw? Especially when the Rock is hosting. If they were smart they would have had their Monday show when Raw was preempted by Tennis or something.
Has that been confirmed?

SnackZ

Reaction score
i have spike in hd and love hogan but will not watch this bs.

Reaction score
People who are expecting TNA to do what WCW did with Hogan mustn't know their wrestling history well. That was close to fifteen years ago, plus it took the best angle in wrestling history and a year and a half plus robbing the biggest names from the WWF. TNA doesn't have anything close to that working for them, they have a Hogan that's 15 years older and a bunch of no name or washed up talent.

No ones being a pessimist, only a realist and as a realist, TNA has about as good a chance as a one legged man in an ass kicking contest and TNA fanboys will get a much needed humbling.

Headfirst For Hardcore

Reaction score
nice boobs under the Impact sign...

It would be nice to see TNA get over a 1 rating on that Monday, and WWE to try. but who knows, maybe fans won't care for either and things will stay the same, no matter what happens. Wrestling is different now, and the name will help, but not as much as hype and Hogan doing something in TNA before.

Beer

WWE will clearly pull out a good guest host, completely pwn TNA and shatter there hopes of ever getting far in the wrestling business.

But who knows, eh?

straight_edge76

But the WWE's ego could possibly get in the way being that Impact barely beats out ECW and Superstars, why would it even challenge Raw?

MizMasta3000

TNA ratings-1.1 like most weeks
RAW ratings-7.2

Dixie Carter-Back to the drawing board
Hogan-Fuck that, this place is hopeless