Software Switch

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Ben

Reaction score
www.wrestlingsmarks.com/xf

Check out the link above as we considering switching the site over from VB to XF. The test site is bare bones with no features added but you can register at that link to get a general feel for how the site would look and feel.

Here's a few links for other websites runing the software for more of a look of how it looks with full features implemented.

http://www.awalkerbit.me/
http://admin-talk.com/
http://forums.wtf.com/

Feedback is appreciated whether positive or negative. If everyone is against it we will obviously not move, but at this point we need to at least start planning a move to a more stable forum platform for the future of the site.

Aniking

Reaction score
If it's for the benefit of the forum, I'm for it. Those other three websites don't look too bad.

It'll take time to get used to the change, but if it's worthwhile then we can put up with it.

We Are Legion

║▌║█║▌||| ║▌║▌█ ║█║║▌||
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
stonecold2
Favorite Wrestler
ricflair
Favorite Wrestler
jbl2
Favorite Wrestler
randysavage
Favorite Wrestler
nwo
I still think we need a new skin to accompany the switch. Maybe a skin that keeps the area around and underneath the avatar dark-colored and leave the post and sig area white. That would look good with this software. The skins we have now are either all-white or all-dark.

Ben

Reaction score
If we switch I'll add new skins once I get everything else sorted first. There will be a basic light skin and dark skin avalible after the move though.

John McHenry

John McHenry
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
dolphziggler2
Favorite Wrestler
mrperfect2
Favorite Wrestler
chrisjericho
Favorite Wrestler
brianpillman
Favorite Wrestler
shaneomac
Favorite Wrestler
stonecold2
Any thoughts?

Heisenberg

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
danielbryan
Favorite Wrestler
brocklesnar
Favorite Wrestler
antoniocesaro
Favorite Wrestler
romanreigns
Favorite Wrestler
princedevitt
Favorite Wrestler
sethrollins
Have to say I wasn't too impressed with how it looked at first especially the color of it as I really enjoy the current forum WS is running on, but after realizing it is using the same software as a rather big gaming forum I used to use is using, I can work with it for sure. It does take some time to get used to if you're new to it but in the long run it is good for the forum and is really fluid and it is great for posting. Will be even better with live discussions. Just need a good skin.

Here's the forum I'm talking about (if it's advertising, please remove) - http://www.se7ensins.com/forums/

Dale

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
ui9LmS7
Favorite Wrestler
Y06mUrE
Favorite Wrestler
EtPxwR9
Favorite Wrestler
eAVr0ua
Favorite Wrestler
GDgC9g9
Favorite Wrestler
zPa7dqi
Don't judge it by it's skin style / logo / colour etc as Ben said he'll be trying to implement one of the WS skins when we switch, but instead focus on the way it works.

John McHenry

John McHenry
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
dolphziggler2
Favorite Wrestler
mrperfect2
Favorite Wrestler
chrisjericho
Favorite Wrestler
brianpillman
Favorite Wrestler
shaneomac
Favorite Wrestler
stonecold2
Actually that is the current WS Dark skin. The emphasis isn't on skins though as that's always changeable. For me the highlight is that you see new posts pop up without reloading the page. So many of the little things it has different really add up.

We Are Legion

║▌║█║▌||| ║▌║▌█ ║█║║▌||
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
stonecold2
Favorite Wrestler
ricflair
Favorite Wrestler
jbl2
Favorite Wrestler
randysavage
Favorite Wrestler
nwo
Don't judge it by it's skin style / logo / colour etc as Ben said he'll be trying to implement one of the WS skins when we switch, but instead focus on the way it works.
I was, you GOOF. Just throwing my 2 cents in the bucket. Actually the WS Dark Red skin might work pretty well for it.

So ummm.... WHEN IS THE SWITCH GOING DOWN? :kofi:

Dale

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
ui9LmS7
Favorite Wrestler
Y06mUrE
Favorite Wrestler
EtPxwR9
Favorite Wrestler
eAVr0ua
Favorite Wrestler
GDgC9g9
Favorite Wrestler
zPa7dqi
I was, you GOOF. Just throwing my 2 cents in the bucket. Actually the WS Dark Red skin might work pretty well for it.

So ummm.... WHEN IS THE SWITCH GOING DOWN? :kofi:
I was talking to Hatred, not you :ARN:

We Are Legion

║▌║█║▌||| ║▌║▌█ ║█║║▌||
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
stonecold2
Favorite Wrestler
ricflair
Favorite Wrestler
jbl2
Favorite Wrestler
randysavage
Favorite Wrestler
nwo

John McHenry

John McHenry
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
dolphziggler2
Favorite Wrestler
mrperfect2
Favorite Wrestler
chrisjericho
Favorite Wrestler
brianpillman
Favorite Wrestler
shaneomac
Favorite Wrestler
stonecold2

Ben

Reaction score
There wasn't a lot of feedback from anyone so this was just pushed to the side....if it happens its going to be awhike off might even be next year.

Crayo

The Boss
Reaction score
Website
wweforums.net
Honestly, you probably should have worked as hard as you can to get the demo site to look how the final product will look. Naturally people sometimes struggle to look past the materialistic factors. Also, you should have presented a list of pros and cons of switching which would include the features. I run a wrestling forum using Xenforo and I converse with Troy here and advised him to switch. Why? vBulletin is going in a horrible direction and you most definitely will not want to upgrade, so switching is inevitable if IS continue to act like they are, just for the sake of supported and updated modern forum software.

If you presented a demo site which looks goods, and advertised the pros and cons, you will probably get more accurate responses from your members whether they are for or against the move.

Hope this helps.