So, who's winning the Rumble this year?

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

...god...

Reaction score
Ya, kinda changing mine too after what I said. He was getting huge face chants too. That guy's known for setting up some epic surprises, god damn I'd freak if it happened and he could insta face turn.

Jay

Reaction score
I really hope it is Miz. He would be the best choice no matter what. I cant think of anyone that would be a better choice.

sharkboy 3:16

Reaction score
Damnit now I really want Y2J to return and win and I'm going to be disappointed if it isn't him now. That'd be soo amazing!

Yeah 2009 Rumble was terrible, has to be one of the worst rumbles ever. Last Rumble wasn't all that great either tbh, Punk's promos were rather great though and the fact that Edge returned was awesome but it was obvious he was winning as soon as he came down imo.

MizMasta3000

Reaction score
This is tough because you don't have a young wrestler on the verge of the championship. Miz and Del Rio are good options, but i can't see them main eventing Wrestlemania next year.

So my pick is HHH. Returning from injury, gets a big push to the title.

Sounds a little bit like 2002

Airfixx

Reaction score
....Cos like Kane, Booker, Nash, Scott Steiner or RVD were like such better options than HHH to carry the company's A show.

Oh, btw, he jobbed for Hogan, Taker, Goldberg & HBK during this same time-frame.

Reaction score
Kane would have been great, as would Guerrero or Jericho. HHH buried Kane and Jericho.

karaquinn14

Reaction score
Royal Rumble 2011 Winner Predictions Anybody???

Hey there its my first forum, so spare me...

Ok, post ur predictions for the winners of the 2011 Royal Rumble. I personally believe that John Morrison should win. He is easily one of the most talented superstars currently in the WWE and he deserves a Rey Mysterio- type push into the main-eventer that he is. Plus, a great match at Wrestlemania would be Morrison challenging the Miz, who cashes in his Money in the Bank Briefcase at some point, for the WWE Championship, and hopefully win, but regardless if he were victorious, it would finally give Morrison the main-event push that he's worked so hard to earn and finally cement him into the star that he is.

Ok, so how about you? What do you think and why?

Italian Outsider

Reaction score
Re: Royal Rumble 2011 Winner Predictions Anybody???

there is a thread already opened in the section, please check before posting. I'll just merge it

karaquinn14

Reaction score
SloMo JoMo all the way!

So, Miz cashes in MITB and becomes WWE Champion. John Morrison wins the Rumble, which would set up an epic Miz/Morrison title match for Mania. A little repetitive, maybe, but Miz/Morrison have always put on some of the best matches. I could really see this happening, besides, JoMo is in a desperate need for a main-event push that has been passed off to no-talent losers like John Cena and Hulk Hogan for the last 40 years. It took forever for high talented people like Edge, Jeff hardy, Rey Mysterio, Rob Van Dam, etc to get a push, yet they are everyones favorite wrestlers, and they always make the show exciting, they are the reason people watch WWE. Morrison is up next.

Reaction score
^I do want to see a Miz/Morrison feud, however, I'd like them to let it marinate for a few years and keep them away from each other. Save it for the future, ya know?

Wrestlemania 40 or something.

Montana

Reaction score
Yeah, I don't know if John Morrision is ready for the main event, let alone headlining Wrestlemania. Sure, he's a great wrestler, but how many top fueds has he been in? I like the idea, but no sense doing it at 27 when you can save it for later on down the road.

I also wasn't saying HHH should win...i just think he is a likely candidate to win.

nation

Reaction score
Christian wins or fuck off. Sheamus, Del Rio, Barrett, Miz, etc don't need the win. Swagger could definitely use the win but no one deserves it more than Christian and this is a fact. Sadly, someone predictable will win yet again.

Airfixx

Reaction score
LOL... Christian.

Kane would have been great, as would Guerrero or Jericho. HHH buried Kane and Jericho.

Where does Eddie G come into any of this?

Was he just back in the company after being a naughty boy? Yes.

Was he moved to SD in the inaugural draft? Yes.

Was he buried by HHH? No.

Jericho had recently dropped the title to HHH following what Vince has been quoted as saying was "the least successful" world title reign of that era. He wasn't about to get a world title again any time soon (in fact it transpired not until 2008!!!), so how does any of that equate to being buried by HHH? (Whilst Jericho was struggling to 'carry' the company, HHH was rehabbing after his quad surgery!)

...And Kane?

So he lost a PPV title match against HHH? Don't see why that should be deemed a burial either.