SmackDown Thread, Oct. 18, 2016: AJ Styles battles James Ellsworth for the WWE World Title tonight

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Kross Rhodes

Israel Has the Right to Exist
Reaction score
Website
wrestlingsmarks.com
Favorite Wrestler
emma
Favorite Wrestler
YA1yyED
Favorite Wrestler
frmoJZU
Favorite Wrestler
nock3cf
Favorite Wrestler
danielbryan3
Favorite Wrestler
tLCb5kv
Favorite Sports Team
WYT3shw
Favorite Sports Team
fRXTMaD
Favorite Sports Team
LechI0u
Favorite Sports Team
RHZ7KJg
20161017_SD_Preview_AjEllsworth--4ec2bb8079644cf0d3604bfd7b4601a0.jpg

WWE SmackDown LIVE Preview, Oct. 18, 2016: AJ Styles battles James Ellsworth for the WWE World Title tonight
SmackDown LIVE once again sets itself apart from Monday Night Raw, as James Allsworth gets an opportunity against AJ Styles for WWE’s most illustrious prize.

talksmack_dbry_03--e4671f60f73212a912ea133f34da644e.jpg

Could James Ellsworth become the next WWE World Champion?
Tonight, SmackDown LIVE features an extremely unusual WWE World Championship Match. As first announced last Tuesday on Talking Smack by General Manager Daniel Bryan, AJ Styles must defend his coveted title against … James Ellsworth? Yes, you read that right. Last week, with a little help from special guest referee Dean Ambrose and two Dirty Deeds, the virtually unknown competitor (who isn’t even signed to Team Blue) was able to pin the reigning titleholder. Now he finds himself the No. 1 contender to “The Champ that Runs the Camp.”

As an irate Styles has promised to take matters in his own hands, Ellsworth might consider running for Parts Unknown as fast as humanly possible. Then again, could The Lunatic Fringe be unhinged enough to involve himself again and help make Ellsworth the next WWE World Champion? Find out tonight at 8/7 C on USA Network.

20161009_nomercy_blissnaomi--7c538ef081de68777fceeea67c5d2ea2.jpg

What will be the fallout if Naomi beats Alexa Bliss again?
It turns out that Alexa Bliss, the current No. 1 contender to SmackDown Women’s Champion Becky Lynch, will have to wait until SmackDown LIVE in Glasglow, Scotland Nov. 8 to get her title opportunity against The Irish Lass Kicker. In the meantime, though, the fiery competitor seems to have her hands full with other matters.

At No Mercy, Bliss lost an impromptu showdown against a very game Naomi. The glowing competitor then beat Carmella last week on SmackDown LIVE. So, naturally, when Alexa opted to brag that she could beat Naomi anywhere/any time, General Manager Daniel Bryan decided to make it happen tonight.

This begs the question, though: If Naomi manages to beat Alexa a second time, will Miss Bliss find her No. 1 contender position to Becky Lynch’s title in jeopardy?

20161009_nomercy_corbinswagger--07af699889f4ae432ee8bf9d8d627619.jpg

The Lone Wolf sets his sights on The Real American
OK, Baron Corbin is dangerous, and there’s no certainly no denying that if he targets a given Superstar, he had better watch his back. However, does that apply to someone whose back is already being watched by “We the People”?

In the wake of a controversial ending to their pay-per-view showdown Oct. 9, Jack Swagger and Baron Corbin will go head-to-head tonight in a No Mercy rematch! Will there be anything left of the ring, or either Superstar, when they’re through?

20161011_sd_tagmatch--6d00b1c71634cf326edecb345681b6a0.jpg

Can Orton repel the power of The Wyatt Family?
Boy, that happened fast. At No Mercy, Luke Harper made a surprise return and helped Bray Wyatt overcome Randy Orton. Then, last Tuesday, Wyatt & Harper somehow made Kane disappear before again downing The Viper in tag team action.

Since the inception of SmackDown LIVE, Wyatt has made it his mission to become the dominant force of Team Blue. Now, with a revitalized Luke Harper back by his side, The Wyatt Family seems virtually unstoppable. One has to wonder if Orton can find a way to neutralize this horrific threat.

20161011_sd_usoalpha--a59d3892c71f8d3687b802f8a9dd1028.jpg

Who will set themselves apart in SmackDown’s Tag Team division?
SmackDown Tag Team Champions Heath Slater & Rhyno clearly aren’t the type to sit and wait for the action to come to them (unless there’s a healthy supply of Cheez Whiz and crackers lying around; then it’s anybody’s ball game). Case in point: Last week, “Beauty & The Man Beast” came to the rescue of Dolph Ziggler, and sent The Spirit Squad and The Miz heading for the hills. Will The A-Lister and his cheery chums have retribution on their minds this Tuesday?

It’s not like the titleholders don’t have enough on their minds to keep themselves busy. Not only does Slater have his kids to build pools for, but each and every tandem in SmackDown’s Tag Team division is currently clamoring to make themselves stand out from the pack. The Usos and American Alpha continued to battle it out last week, as Jey helped Jimmy steal the win over Chad Gable. The Ascension has clearly set their sights on the Hype Bros. We would even say Breezeango is also a threat – except, last we checked, Fandango seems to have completely disappeared.

Who will step up to eventually become the No. 1 contenders to the SmackDown Tag Team Championship? Find out tonight at 8/7 C on USA Network, with SmackDown Pre-Show beginning at 7:30 ET on all of WWE’s digital platforms.

Deezy

DZ PZ
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
brethart2
Favorite Wrestler
newjack
Favorite Wrestler
ddp
Favorite Wrestler
therock
Favorite Wrestler
nwo
Favorite Wrestler
wolfpac
James Ellsworth interview for hype.

CBS Boston has a new interview with everyone’s favorite jobber James Ellsworth, who will challenge WWE World Champion AJ Styles on tonight’s SmackDown. The full interview isat this link and below are highlights:

Your path to WWE wasn’t through NXT or anything like that. How did you break in there?

Years ago I went on WWE.com and kept on sending them my resume and my pictures and videos of matches. Finally, in 2014 they called me to be an extra talent. I got to be a rosebud with Adam Rose. Ever since then, every time they were 250 miles from where I live in Baltimore, they would contact me to be an enhancement talent for their shows.

Who was the first in WWE to take you under their wing and show you how everything runs?

That is definitely 100 percent Chris Jericho. The day after I did the match with Braun Strowman he contacted me on Twitter and wanted me on his podcast (Talk Is Jericho). I went in and did the podcast with him the next time I was at TV. Ever since then we text all the time. He gives me advice and helps me out. He’s just an outstanding human being.

Who else backstage has lent a helping hand?

Everybody is very nice. The agents like Arn Anderson have helped me a lot. He usually has my matches and helps us with everything. He’s very cool, and he’s helped me. I get treated well. They’re all very cool. I don’t consider myself to be “one of the boys.” I really think I have to earn having that title, but they’re all very nice to me.

You’re still wrestling on the independents each week too. How has your time in WWE affected your work there?

It’s a lot more. I’ve always stayed busy. I’ve always wrestled a lot. But now it’s a lot more inquiries for a lot more money. I’m very blessed by the whole thing. It’s taking off, and I’m going to run with it for however long as it lasts. Whether it be in the WWE or on the independent level I’m going to ride this for however long it goes and wrestle as James Ellsworth.

You’re a wrestler and a promoter. You run Adrenaline Championship Wrestling. Tell us a little about that.

We run shows in Maryland as well as Pennsylvania. I’m actually a licensed wrestling promoter in both states. I run 20 shows a year. We actually have a show coming up in Denton, Maryland. That’s our Halloween show called Halloween Heat on October 28. You can get tickets on AdrenalineWrestling.com.

What’s more nerve-racking, trying to fill the stands as a promoter or wrestling for the WWE World Championship?

[laughs] Going out wrestling for the WWE Championship, because I never in my wildest dreams thought it would be possible for me to get that far. I’m there tomorrow, and I’m very nervous, very anxious. In a lot of ways, I can’t wait to get out there. I had so much fun last week being out there in front of the crowd and listening to how they reacted to it. They reacted really well to it last week in San Jose, California, and I’m anxious to see if they do it again in Denver.

Has there been any talk from WWE about possibly bringing you back after your title match against AJ Styles?

I have an idea, but I don’t really know. I don’t think it will be the last you see of me, but I don’t know. They really keep me in the dark about everything until I get there at TV. I have a little hint that it might happen, but I really am 100 percent not sure.

Reactions: Kross Rhodes

Kross Rhodes

Reaction score
Website
wrestlingsmarks.com
Favorite Wrestler
emma
Favorite Wrestler
YA1yyED
Favorite Wrestler
frmoJZU
Favorite Wrestler
nock3cf
Favorite Wrestler
danielbryan3
Favorite Wrestler
tLCb5kv
Favorite Sports Team
WYT3shw
Favorite Sports Team
fRXTMaD
Favorite Sports Team
LechI0u
Favorite Sports Team
RHZ7KJg
He seems like a pretty chill guy. I hope WWE gives him a role backstage as a producer or road agent.

Deezy

DZ PZ
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
brethart2
Favorite Wrestler
newjack
Favorite Wrestler
ddp
Favorite Wrestler
therock
Favorite Wrestler
nwo
Favorite Wrestler
wolfpac
I hope Ellsworth gets theme music.

Deezy

DZ PZ
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
brethart2
Favorite Wrestler
newjack
Favorite Wrestler
ddp
Favorite Wrestler
therock
Favorite Wrestler
nwo
Favorite Wrestler
wolfpac
Chinderella story :MJ:

Kross Rhodes

Reaction score
Website
wrestlingsmarks.com
Favorite Wrestler
emma
Favorite Wrestler
YA1yyED
Favorite Wrestler
frmoJZU
Favorite Wrestler
nock3cf
Favorite Wrestler
danielbryan3
Favorite Wrestler
tLCb5kv
Favorite Sports Team
WYT3shw
Favorite Sports Team
fRXTMaD
Favorite Sports Team
LechI0u
Favorite Sports Team
RHZ7KJg

Kross Rhodes

Reaction score
Website
wrestlingsmarks.com
Favorite Wrestler
emma
Favorite Wrestler
YA1yyED
Favorite Wrestler
frmoJZU
Favorite Wrestler
nock3cf
Favorite Wrestler
danielbryan3
Favorite Wrestler
tLCb5kv
Favorite Sports Team
WYT3shw
Favorite Sports Team
fRXTMaD
Favorite Sports Team
LechI0u
Favorite Sports Team
RHZ7KJg
I can get behind opening with Luke Harper and The Viper.

Deezy

DZ PZ
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
brethart2
Favorite Wrestler
newjack
Favorite Wrestler
ddp
Favorite Wrestler
therock
Favorite Wrestler
nwo
Favorite Wrestler
wolfpac
Harper vs Orton better not end in fuckery.....just give me 15 minutes between these two.

Deezy

DZ PZ
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
brethart2
Favorite Wrestler
newjack
Favorite Wrestler
ddp
Favorite Wrestler
therock
Favorite Wrestler
nwo
Favorite Wrestler
wolfpac
Ellsworth should get a chant like "Gold....Berg....Gold....Berg".

Kross Rhodes

Reaction score
Website
wrestlingsmarks.com
Favorite Wrestler
emma
Favorite Wrestler
YA1yyED
Favorite Wrestler
frmoJZU
Favorite Wrestler
nock3cf
Favorite Wrestler
danielbryan3
Favorite Wrestler
tLCb5kv
Favorite Sports Team
WYT3shw
Favorite Sports Team
fRXTMaD
Favorite Sports Team
LechI0u
Favorite Sports Team
RHZ7KJg
Harper vs Orton better not end in fuckery.....just give me 15 minutes between these two.
You know Bray has to get his fingers all over it.

Kross Rhodes

Reaction score
Website
wrestlingsmarks.com
Favorite Wrestler
emma
Favorite Wrestler
YA1yyED
Favorite Wrestler
frmoJZU
Favorite Wrestler
nock3cf
Favorite Wrestler
danielbryan3
Favorite Wrestler
tLCb5kv
Favorite Sports Team
WYT3shw
Favorite Sports Team
fRXTMaD
Favorite Sports Team
LechI0u
Favorite Sports Team
RHZ7KJg
Why would the person who just won their last match need to chase his opponent down this hard for a second match?

:beckylol

Deezy

DZ PZ
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
brethart2
Favorite Wrestler
newjack
Favorite Wrestler
ddp
Favorite Wrestler
therock
Favorite Wrestler
nwo
Favorite Wrestler
wolfpac
Get out of here Wyatt
tumblr_mzdunpdIhl1ru72puo1_400.gif

Deezy

DZ PZ
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
brethart2
Favorite Wrestler
newjack
Favorite Wrestler
ddp
Favorite Wrestler
therock
Favorite Wrestler
nwo
Favorite Wrestler
wolfpac
This under-bray-ker bullshit :sodone:

Kross Rhodes

Reaction score
Website
wrestlingsmarks.com
Favorite Wrestler
emma
Favorite Wrestler
YA1yyED
Favorite Wrestler
frmoJZU
Favorite Wrestler
nock3cf
Favorite Wrestler
danielbryan3
Favorite Wrestler
tLCb5kv
Favorite Sports Team
WYT3shw
Favorite Sports Team
fRXTMaD
Favorite Sports Team
LechI0u
Favorite Sports Team
RHZ7KJg
I told you Bray couldn't keep his fingers out of the cookie jar.

Deezy

DZ PZ
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
brethart2
Favorite Wrestler
newjack
Favorite Wrestler
ddp
Favorite Wrestler
therock
Favorite Wrestler