SmackDown Live SmackDown 1000 discussion thread, Oct. 16, 2018: Rey Mysterio returns on a milestone evening

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Kross Rhodes

Israel Has the Right to Exist
Reaction score
Website
wrestlingsmarks.com
Favorite Wrestler
emma
Favorite Wrestler
YA1yyED
Favorite Wrestler
frmoJZU
Favorite Wrestler
nock3cf
Favorite Wrestler
danielbryan3
Favorite Wrestler
tLCb5kv
Favorite Sports Team
WYT3shw
Favorite Sports Team
fRXTMaD
Favorite Sports Team
LechI0u
Favorite Sports Team
RHZ7KJg
So you don’t have any World Cups you can give me that it’s possible for it to be America Only? come on I’m sure you can think of one. Go ahead.
I give zero shits about names. You're the only one that cares about it being called a World Cup.

This event will literally be forgotten in 4 months. Are you from Atlanta why do you give any shits about whether or not Brazil has someone in the Saudi World Cup? :beckylol

Even if half the competitors were from different countries it's still taking place in Saudi. So either you're more mad about that or a dumb name. You should pick your battle.

Vegeta

The Wanted Man
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
chrisjericho
Favorite Wrestler
MOLAnG4
Favorite Wrestler
edge
Favorite Wrestler
homd3TG
Favorite Sports Team
gLxCq87
Favorite Sports Team
WrE8t1L
Favorite Sports Team
lurU13l
Favorite Sports Team
HHst8yg
I give zero shits about names. You're the only one that cares about it being called a World Cup.

This event will literally be forgotten in 4 months. Are you from Atlanta why do you give any shits about whether or not Brazil has someone in the Saudi World Cup? :beckylol

Even if half the competitors were from different countries it's still taking place in Saudi. So either you're more mad about that or a dumb name. You should pick your battle.

No no don’t back track now. You said it’s not the commission responsibility to make sure other countries are in it. So I’m asking what other things called World Cup is this possible. Let me know when you have an answer.

So it’s possible to dislike two things??? Or is that not allowed lol.

Kross Rhodes

Reaction score
Website
wrestlingsmarks.com
Favorite Wrestler
emma
Favorite Wrestler
YA1yyED
Favorite Wrestler
frmoJZU
Favorite Wrestler
nock3cf
Favorite Wrestler
danielbryan3
Favorite Wrestler
tLCb5kv
Favorite Sports Team
WYT3shw
Favorite Sports Team
fRXTMaD
Favorite Sports Team
LechI0u
Favorite Sports Team
RHZ7KJg
Because I'm done with this useless conversation here's the definition of the word world:

Note the underlined definition. It doesn't have to include the world, to be considered the best in the world.

world
wərld/
noun
noun: world; noun: the world
  1. 1.
    the earth, together with all of its countries, peoples, and natural features.
    "he was doing his bit to save the world"
    synonyms: earth, globe, planet, sphere
    "he traveled the world"
    • all of the people, societies, and institutions on the earth.
      "world affairs"
      synonyms: everyone, everybody, people, mankind, humankind, humanity, the (general) public, the population, the populace, all and sundry, ‘every Tom, Dick, and Harry’
      "she would show the world that she was strong"
    • denoting one of the most important or influential people or things of its class.
      modifier noun:
      world
      "they had been brought up to regard France as a world power"
    • another planet like the earth.
      plural noun: worlds
      "the possibility of life on other worlds"
      synonyms: planet, moon, star, heavenly body, orb
      "life on other worlds"
    • the material universe or all that exists; everything.

Kross Rhodes

Reaction score
Website
wrestlingsmarks.com
Favorite Wrestler
emma
Favorite Wrestler
YA1yyED
Favorite Wrestler
frmoJZU
Favorite Wrestler
nock3cf
Favorite Wrestler
danielbryan3
Favorite Wrestler
tLCb5kv
Favorite Sports Team
WYT3shw
Favorite Sports Team
fRXTMaD
Favorite Sports Team
LechI0u
Favorite Sports Team
RHZ7KJg
No no don’t back track now. You said it’s not the commission responsibility to make sure other countries are in it. So I’m asking what other things called World Cup is this possible. Let me know when you have an answer.

So it’s possible to dislike two things??? Or is that not allowed lol.
There's a country murdering journalists and then there's calling something a world cup. It's called priories, B.

Then look at the definition I provided. You don't need someone from every country to call something a world whatever. Hence World Series.

Vegeta

The Wanted Man
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
chrisjericho
Favorite Wrestler
MOLAnG4
Favorite Wrestler
edge
Favorite Wrestler
homd3TG
Favorite Sports Team
gLxCq87
Favorite Sports Team
WrE8t1L
Favorite Sports Team
lurU13l
Favorite Sports Team
HHst8yg
;) giving up as you can’t give me any examples where this is possible. I win. Goodnight.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Kross Rhodes

Reaction score
Website
wrestlingsmarks.com
Favorite Wrestler
emma
Favorite Wrestler
YA1yyED
Favorite Wrestler
frmoJZU
Favorite Wrestler
nock3cf
Favorite Wrestler
danielbryan3
Favorite Wrestler
tLCb5kv
Favorite Sports Team
WYT3shw
Favorite Sports Team
fRXTMaD
Favorite Sports Team
LechI0u
Favorite Sports Team
RHZ7KJg
;) giving up as you can’t give me any examples where this is possible. I win. Goodnight.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
You didn't win because you're trying to change the conversation. I don't care if anyone else has previously booked a world cup with Americans in it or not. I never cared about that. If they simply called this a King of the Ring, it's the same stupid ass tournament. You're way too hung up on a stupid name. If anything I won. Did you not see the definition that says you don't need a fucking person from every country to call it a goddamn fucking world mother fucking world fucking cup. Goddamn.

I don't need to provide a previous example. If anything you would have to provide one-time a world cup commissioning agency ever helped a country win their match so they'd be allowed to call it a world cup. That was my claim nothing else.

Either way this the end of this. A name's a name's a name. Watch it or don't watch it, no need to carry this dumb ass conversation out any longer. I won't be entertaining it anymore.

Kross Rhodes

Reaction score
Website
wrestlingsmarks.com
Favorite Wrestler
emma
Favorite Wrestler
YA1yyED
Favorite Wrestler
frmoJZU
Favorite Wrestler
nock3cf
Favorite Wrestler
danielbryan3
Favorite Wrestler
tLCb5kv
Favorite Sports Team
WYT3shw
Favorite Sports Team
fRXTMaD
Favorite Sports Team
LechI0u
Favorite Sports Team
RHZ7KJg
Saudi Arabia murdering journalists and B would rather get mad that Saudi calls their cup a world cup.

Get real for a minute.

Jimmy King

It’s Britney, bitch
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
oAYiXZo
Favorite Wrestler
eAVr0ua
Favorite Wrestler
johncena
Favorite Wrestler
DjUmJN2
Favorite Wrestler
nock3cf
Favorite Wrestler
eIHNFff
Favorite Sports Team
padres
Favorite Sports Team
Zjaonp3
Decent show.

I loved seeing Big Dave back and his promo was great. Two solid tag matches, and I love having Rey Mysterio back in a WWE ring.

Deezy

DZ PZ
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
brethart2
Favorite Wrestler
newjack
Favorite Wrestler
ddp
Favorite Wrestler
therock
Favorite Wrestler
nwo
Favorite Wrestler
wolfpac
Would be nice if people posted more when it wasn't an argument.

Jimmy King

It’s Britney, bitch
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
oAYiXZo
Favorite Wrestler
eAVr0ua
Favorite Wrestler
johncena
Favorite Wrestler
DjUmJN2
Favorite Wrestler
nock3cf
Favorite Wrestler
eIHNFff
Favorite Sports Team
padres
Favorite Sports Team
Zjaonp3
I wasn’t here live because I was out with family and didn’t get home in time.

No offense to the two, but I ignored the argument.

Reactions: Kross Rhodes

Chris

Dreams are Endless
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
tLCb5kv
Favorite Wrestler
OEndG4L
Favorite Wrestler
ArsUxsj
Favorite Wrestler
mrperfect2
Favorite Wrestler
eelOIL6
Favorite Wrestler
BryanDanielson1
Favorite Sports Team
sfa
Favorite Sports Team
dallascowboys
Favorite Sports Team
sanantoniospurs
Favorite Sports Team
texasrangers
Even if I watched smackdown when it aired live I'd avoid this thread bc every week you guys pick something different to complain about and you're always both wrong and end up arguing in circles about nothing.

In this case, I think its absolutely hilarious that WWE booked (I swear to God if you come at me with a kayfabe answer) an all American world cup and I don't understand why you're going out of your way to defend their dumb naming logic just like I don't understand why ol' dude was that upset about it in the first place.

Also bro you need to learn the difference between a qualifier and actually being in the tournament. I know you care a lot about your semantics and what not with the whole title records arguments we've had so I feel like you can understand the difference between participating in the actual tournament that takes place in Saudi than competing in a qualifier. I mean I get what you're saying bc in kayfabe they had a chance but bro you're just reaching sometimes

Last edited:

Kross Rhodes

Reaction score
Website
wrestlingsmarks.com
Favorite Wrestler
emma
Favorite Wrestler
YA1yyED
Favorite Wrestler
frmoJZU
Favorite Wrestler
nock3cf
Favorite Wrestler
danielbryan3
Favorite Wrestler
tLCb5kv
Favorite Sports Team
WYT3shw
Favorite Sports Team
fRXTMaD
Favorite Sports Team
LechI0u
Favorite Sports Team
RHZ7KJg
Even if I watched smackdown when it aired live I'd avoid this thread bc every week you guys pick something different to complain about and you're always both wrong and end up arguing in circles about nothing.

In this case, I think its absolutely hilarious that WWE booked (I swear to God if you come at me with a kayfabe answer) an all American world cup and I don't understand why you're going out of your way to defend their dumb naming logic just like I don't understand why ol' dude was that upset about it in the first place.

Also bro you need to learn the difference between a qualifier and actually being in the tournament. I know you care a lot about your semantics and what not with the whole title records arguments we've had so I feel like you can understand the difference between participating in the actual tournament that takes place in Saudi than competing in a qualifier. I mean I get what you're saying bc in kayfabe they had a chance but bro you're just reaching sometimes
If the tournament was real WWE can't force the guy from Japan to qualify over an American. Since it isn't, Saudi clearly didn't want Nakamura there. If you look at it, they're mostly guys from the past: Kurt Annlge, Randy Orton, John Cena, Rey Mysterio, Jeff Hardy, Miz, etc. The only recent Superstar booked is Seth Rollins. You should just call it the Nostalgia Cup.

Either way it doesn't require someone from everywhere to be called a world something. World Series is called that because they consider the team that wins the best at Baseball, not because someone from every country was in it.

I mean if this was anything other than Saudi Arabia's newest Greatest Royal Rumble type deal and it actually mattered maybe start get worked over a name, but otherwise why care?

Kross Rhodes

Reaction score
Website
wrestlingsmarks.com
Favorite Wrestler
emma
Favorite Wrestler
YA1yyED
Favorite Wrestler
frmoJZU
Favorite Wrestler
nock3cf
Favorite Wrestler
danielbryan3
Favorite Wrestler
tLCb5kv
Favorite Sports Team
WYT3shw
Favorite Sports Team
fRXTMaD
Favorite Sports Team
LechI0u
Favorite Sports Team
RHZ7KJg
Also, post or don't post, but don't act like you don't post in the live threads because of complaints. Every wrestling fan complains about something. Every last one of them. And this whole thing was because I said let's not complain about something as trivial as the word World when describing a cash grab Saudi PPV.

Chris

Dreams are Endless
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
tLCb5kv
Favorite Wrestler
OEndG4L
Favorite Wrestler
ArsUxsj
Favorite Wrestler
mrperfect2
Favorite Wrestler
eelOIL6
Favorite Wrestler
BryanDanielson1
Favorite Sports Team
sfa
Favorite Sports Team
dallascowboys
Favorite Sports Team
sanantoniospurs
Favorite Sports Team
texasrangers
You lost me at "if the tournament was real" when I said please don't come at me with an answer in kayfabe. Obviously it all makes sense in kayfabe, dude was just pointing out the irony of having a world cup with all Americans in it, I don't see what it making sense in kayfabe has to do with anything. Like bro I'm on your side that it doesn't matter who's in the tournament, I just don't get your obsession with talking about how it makes sense in kayfabe when no one is saying it doesn't, they're just specifically commenting on the non-kayfabe booking (which once again I think is fine, it's just funny to me)

Kross Rhodes

Reaction score
Website
wrestlingsmarks.com
Favorite Wrestler
emma
Favorite Wrestler
YA1yyED
Favorite Wrestler
frmoJZU
Favorite Wrestler
nock3cf
Favorite Wrestler
danielbryan3
Favorite Wrestler
tLCb5kv
Favorite Sports Team
WYT3shw
Favorite Sports Team
fRXTMaD
Favorite Sports Team
LechI0u
Favorite Sports Team
RHZ7KJg
If it makes sense in kayfabe then that should be the end of it. The point of wrestling even in 2018 is present itself at face value. That's it. The whole point.

Take kayfabe out or not, Saudi will call it whatever it wants. It's Saudi's Cup. At least they didn't call it The Greatest Cup of All Time or some horseshit. Haven't we established they have dumb naming conventions?

I also provided a non-kayfabe answer BTW but people keep ignoring it. MLB calls its main game the World Series.

"denoting one of the most important or influential people or things of its class.
modifier noun:world"