SmackDown Live SmackDown 1000 discussion thread, Oct. 16, 2018: Rey Mysterio returns on a milestone evening

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Kross Rhodes

Israel Has the Right to Exist
Reaction score
Website
wrestlingsmarks.com
Favorite Wrestler
emma
Favorite Wrestler
YA1yyED
Favorite Wrestler
frmoJZU
Favorite Wrestler
nock3cf
Favorite Wrestler
danielbryan3
Favorite Wrestler
tLCb5kv
Favorite Sports Team
WYT3shw
Favorite Sports Team
fRXTMaD
Favorite Sports Team
LechI0u
Favorite Sports Team
RHZ7KJg
World is just word. Did you know 99% of World Championships in wrestling are held almost exclusively by Americans. If you hate the word "world" being used here, you should hate anytime an American pro-wrestling company call it's championships world championships.

Kross Rhodes

Reaction score
Website
wrestlingsmarks.com
Favorite Wrestler
emma
Favorite Wrestler
YA1yyED
Favorite Wrestler
frmoJZU
Favorite Wrestler
nock3cf
Favorite Wrestler
danielbryan3
Favorite Wrestler
tLCb5kv
Favorite Sports Team
WYT3shw
Favorite Sports Team
fRXTMaD
Favorite Sports Team
LechI0u
Favorite Sports Team
RHZ7KJg
Considering where they're holding this event.....America is the foreigners.
Damn Saudi only wanting American foreigners in their world cup.

Vegeta

The Wanted Man
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
chrisjericho
Favorite Wrestler
MOLAnG4
Favorite Wrestler
edge
Favorite Wrestler
homd3TG
Favorite Sports Team
gLxCq87
Favorite Sports Team
WrE8t1L
Favorite Sports Team
lurU13l
Favorite Sports Team
HHst8yg
But like I said it's not the commissioning agency's job to make sure they win their matches. As long as WWE booked them in the qualifying match, that's all they need to do.

Also, I'm like 99% sure it was the Saudis who picked the winners. This isn't WWE's World Cup. I already said WWE gives zero shits about it. In an earlier press release they said if they canceled the event everything BUT the World Cup would move to Survivor Series. Saudi wanted the tournament and I bet you dollars to donuts they picked who would be in it.

It's just a useless thing to care about either way. Just pretend they called it the King of the Ring like I said. It's the same tournament regardless of what they called it. WWE has three real "world" cups on the WWE Network if you need your fix of real world representation in tournaments after WWE is done with Crown Jewel.

stop with this whole making it real bs. It’s stupid. News flash to you ;) the winners are picked lol. If it wasn’t WWE who picked that makes it even dumber. Taking blood money and letting them book your shit also.

Vegeta

The Wanted Man
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
chrisjericho
Favorite Wrestler
MOLAnG4
Favorite Wrestler
edge
Favorite Wrestler
homd3TG
Favorite Sports Team
gLxCq87
Favorite Sports Team
WrE8t1L
Favorite Sports Team
lurU13l
Favorite Sports Team
HHst8yg
Considering where they're holding this event.....America is the foreigners.

Lol way to spin this. WWE is an American Company. ;) so I’m sorry but you’re wrong.

Vegeta

The Wanted Man
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
chrisjericho
Favorite Wrestler
MOLAnG4
Favorite Wrestler
edge
Favorite Wrestler
homd3TG
Favorite Sports Team
gLxCq87
Favorite Sports Team
WrE8t1L
Favorite Sports Team
lurU13l
Favorite Sports Team
HHst8yg
World is just word. Did you know 99% of World Championships in wrestling are held almost exclusively by Americans. If you hate the word "world" being used here, you should hate anytime an American pro-wrestling company call it's championships world championships.

They are defended all around the world. They also have no Americans win it as well. Stop trying to make it okay they are booking this shit so stupid. So again, wrong. ;)

Kross Rhodes

Reaction score
Website
wrestlingsmarks.com
Favorite Wrestler
emma
Favorite Wrestler
YA1yyED
Favorite Wrestler
frmoJZU
Favorite Wrestler
nock3cf
Favorite Wrestler
danielbryan3
Favorite Wrestler
tLCb5kv
Favorite Sports Team
WYT3shw
Favorite Sports Team
fRXTMaD
Favorite Sports Team
LechI0u
Favorite Sports Team
RHZ7KJg
stop with this whole making it real bs. It’s stupid. News flash to you ;) the winners are picked lol. If it wasn’t WWE who picked that makes it even dumber. Taking blood money and letting them book your shit also.
Because you're being worked up by a fake wrestling company calling it's cup a world cup. It's dumb. You should probably just move on. You're comparing a fake tournament to a real one. YOU started that dumb comparison. So if you're gonna make it, I have to response using the same one. The real tournament doesn't help countries win their qualifying matches and WWE shouldn't be expected to either.

Also, if you want to be mad about Saudi then take you frustration out there. Of course they did. They're the only reason HBK came out of retirement. They're paying him serious money to be there. Just like they offered The Rock $20 million to be there. Whether or not they did or didn't pick the winners, it's still money they're paying WWE to be there. So either be mad at Saudi or not, but WWE calling it a World Cup is low on the priorities list.

Kross Rhodes

Reaction score
Website
wrestlingsmarks.com
Favorite Wrestler
emma
Favorite Wrestler
YA1yyED
Favorite Wrestler
frmoJZU
Favorite Wrestler
nock3cf
Favorite Wrestler
danielbryan3
Favorite Wrestler
tLCb5kv
Favorite Sports Team
WYT3shw
Favorite Sports Team
fRXTMaD
Favorite Sports Team
LechI0u
Favorite Sports Team
RHZ7KJg
Lol way to spin this. WWE is an American Company. ;) so I’m sorry but you’re wrong.
He's not. It's not American Cup if it's an event held in a different country that's paying them to be there.

Vegeta

The Wanted Man
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
chrisjericho
Favorite Wrestler
MOLAnG4
Favorite Wrestler
edge
Favorite Wrestler
homd3TG
Favorite Sports Team
gLxCq87
Favorite Sports Team
WrE8t1L
Favorite Sports Team
lurU13l
Favorite Sports Team
HHst8yg
Because you're being worked up by a fake wrestling company calling it's cup a world cup. It's dumb. You should probably just move on. You're comparing a fake tournament to a real one. YOU started that dumb comparison. So if you're gonna make it, I have to response using the same one. The real tournament doesn't help countries win their qualifying matches and WWE shouldn't be expected to either.

Also, if you want to be mad about Saudi then take you frustration out there. Of course they did. They're the only reason HBK came out of retirement. They're paying him serious money to be there. Just like they offered The Rock $20 million to be there. Whether or not they did or didn't pick the winners, it's still money they're paying WWE to be there. So either be mad at Saudi or not, but WWE calling it a World Cup is low on the priorities list.

No? All I did was say it was dumb to call it a World Cup. TNA did the World Cup concept better. I’m pretty sure the Soccer World Cup can’t just have all Americans teams same with other World Cups.

Kross Rhodes

Reaction score
Website
wrestlingsmarks.com
Favorite Wrestler
emma
Favorite Wrestler
YA1yyED
Favorite Wrestler
frmoJZU
Favorite Wrestler
nock3cf
Favorite Wrestler
danielbryan3
Favorite Wrestler
tLCb5kv
Favorite Sports Team
WYT3shw
Favorite Sports Team
fRXTMaD
Favorite Sports Team
LechI0u
Favorite Sports Team
RHZ7KJg
They are defended all around the world. They also have no Americans win it as well. Stop trying to make it okay they are booking this shit so stupid. So again, wrong. ;)
Not even remotely wrong. Nakamura was booked in it, but you don't like it because he didn't win. It's the same here. The amount of times the World Titles leave America is rare and far between and the amount of non-Americans to win the belts is even lower. Go through the WWE Championship history and try to find more than 10 non-American holders in its 70-year history. It's almost exclusively an American Championship.

Vegeta

The Wanted Man
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
chrisjericho
Favorite Wrestler
MOLAnG4
Favorite Wrestler
edge
Favorite Wrestler
homd3TG
Favorite Sports Team
gLxCq87
Favorite Sports Team
WrE8t1L
Favorite Sports Team
lurU13l
Favorite Sports Team
HHst8yg
He's not. It's not American Cup if it's an event held in a different country that's paying them to be there.

Nope sorry he’s wrong, idc where it’s held. Any real World Cup has Representation from all over the world? Show me one World Cup that’s all American?? And don’t say World Series ;) since 1. Canada can be in it and 2. It isn’t the World Cup. Plus I already said it’s dumb.

But I’ll wait to see what other World Cups is possible for all the people/teams in it can be American.

Kross Rhodes

Reaction score
Website
wrestlingsmarks.com
Favorite Wrestler
emma
Favorite Wrestler
YA1yyED
Favorite Wrestler
frmoJZU
Favorite Wrestler
nock3cf
Favorite Wrestler
danielbryan3
Favorite Wrestler
tLCb5kv
Favorite Sports Team
WYT3shw
Favorite Sports Team
fRXTMaD
Favorite Sports Team
LechI0u
Favorite Sports Team
RHZ7KJg
No? All I did was say it was dumb to call it a World Cup. TNA did the World Cup concept better. I’m pretty sure the Soccer World Cup can’t just have all Americans teams same with other World Cups.
Then you compared it to the Football World Cup and talked about Mexico vs whomever you said.

You don't even have to go to TNA. I already said like a bazillion times the Cruiserweight Classic and Mae Young already did exactly what you wanted here. World Cup or Saudi Cup, it's just a name. It's still the same tournament. You should be more interested in if it's gonna be good or shit or whether or not we should even be going to Saudi, but whether or not it's called World Cup, who cares.

Vegeta

The Wanted Man
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
chrisjericho
Favorite Wrestler
MOLAnG4
Favorite Wrestler
edge
Favorite Wrestler
homd3TG
Favorite Sports Team
gLxCq87
Favorite Sports Team
WrE8t1L
Favorite Sports Team
lurU13l
Favorite Sports Team
HHst8yg
Then you compared it to the Football World Cup and talked about Mexico vs whomever you said.

You don't even have to go to TNA. I already said like a bazillion times the Cruiserweight Classic and Mae Young already did exactly what you wanted here. World Cup or Saudi Cup, it's just a name. It's still the same tournament. You should be more interested in if it's gonna be good or shit or whether or not we should even be going to Saudi, but whether or not it's called World Cup, who cares.

I don’t think we should be going there hints why I called it blood money. Just if you’re doing it, be smarter about the name. But see I watched the CWC and I watched the first MYC. I need to catch up on the 2nd. But see if those only has one country I wouldn’t care since it’s not suppose to be about who’s the best in the world.

Kross Rhodes

Reaction score
Website
wrestlingsmarks.com
Favorite Wrestler
emma
Favorite Wrestler
YA1yyED
Favorite Wrestler
frmoJZU
Favorite Wrestler
nock3cf
Favorite Wrestler
danielbryan3
Favorite Wrestler
tLCb5kv
Favorite Sports Team
WYT3shw
Favorite Sports Team
fRXTMaD
Favorite Sports Team
LechI0u
Favorite Sports Team
RHZ7KJg
Nope sorry he’s wrong, idc where it’s held. Any real World Cup has Representation from all over the world? Show me one World Cup that’s all American?? And don’t say World Series ;) since 1. Canada can be in it and 2. It isn’t the World Cup. Plus I already said it’s dumb.

But I’ll wait to see what other World Cups is possible for all the people/teams in it can be American.
Whether or not, you called it dumb it exists. Canada or not, that's still North AMERICA.

It can't be the American Cup if it doesn't take place in America. Just facts. It can be called the Saudi Cup. But again, a name is a name is a name. Who cares.

You should take this time and tweet at MLB. Get them to change the name of the World Series. Far more useful use of your time than being mad at Saudi for a tournament no one will remember in 4 months.

Kross Rhodes

Reaction score
Website
wrestlingsmarks.com
Favorite Wrestler
emma
Favorite Wrestler
YA1yyED
Favorite Wrestler
frmoJZU
Favorite Wrestler
nock3cf
Favorite Wrestler
danielbryan3
Favorite Wrestler
tLCb5kv
Favorite Sports Team
WYT3shw
Favorite Sports Team
fRXTMaD
Favorite Sports Team
LechI0u
Favorite Sports Team
RHZ7KJg
I don’t think we should be going there hints why I called it blood money. Just if you’re doing it, be smarter about the name. But see I watched the CWC and I watched the first MYC. I need to catch up on the 2nd. But see if those only has one country I wouldn’t care since it’s not suppose to be about who’s the best in the world.
That's entirely the problem. You're too entirely focused on the name. Those two tournaments ARE World Cups, but you don't care because they didn't call them world cups. In your head pretend they called it the Mae Young Classic World Cup and pretend this tournament in Saudi is called The Greatest King of the Ring. That should fix all your problems.

Vegeta

The Wanted Man
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
chrisjericho
Favorite Wrestler
MOLAnG4
Favorite Wrestler
edge
Favorite Wrestler
homd3TG
Favorite Sports Team
gLxCq87
Favorite Sports Team
WrE8t1L
Favorite Sports Team
lurU13l
Favorite Sports Team
HHst8yg
Whether or not, you called it dumb it exists. Canada or not, that's still North AMERICA.

It can't be the American Cup if it doesn't take place in America. Just facts. It can be called the Saudi Cup. But again, a name is a name is a name. Who cares.

You should take this time and tweet at MLB. Get them to change the name of the World Series. Far more useful use of your time than being mad at Saudi for a tournament no one will remember in 4 months.

So you don’t have any World Cups you can give me that it’s possible for it to be America Only? come on I’m sure you can think of one. Go ahead.