Sin Cara vs Rey Mysterio

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Sabretooth

Reaction score
From what I've heard if these two didn't injure themselves, this match would have taken place at wrestlemania this year.

If this match had taken place what would have happened. Who would have won. Would we have seen a heel turn. Would Rey have passed the torch to sin cara. Would the feud have continued.

Place your thoughts here.

Last edited by a moderator:

Catfish Billy

Reaction score
If this match had taken place what would have happened. Who would have won. Would we have seen a heel turn. Would Rey have passed the torch to sin cara. Would the feud have continued.

None of the members here are on the WWE Creative Team from what I know. How can we predict this?
Just for shits and giggles, Rey Mysterio would have won and Michael Cole would have gotten an email from the Anonymous GM who hasn't been seen in months. The anonymous GM reveals himself as Sin Cara(He miraculously learns English at that very moment). Sin Cara would then also announce that he is Rey's illegitimate son that Rey conceived in the back of a barn when he was eight. Confetti streams down and they all have a cake. The angle would have been discontinued shortly after.

In all seriousness, I would have liked to have seen where they were going with this angle. It would have been like a passing of the torch to the next Lucha Libre style star in WWE.

Sabretooth

Reaction score
None of the members here are on the WWE Creative Team from what I know. How can we predict this?
Just for shits and giggles, Rey Mysterio would have won and Michael Cole would have gotten an email from the Anonymous GM who hasn't been seen in months. The anonymous GM reveals himself as Sin Cara(He miraculously learns English at that very moment). Sin Cara would then also announce that he is Rey's illegitimate son that Rey conceived in the back of a barn when he was eight. Confetti streams down and they all have a cake. The angle would have been discontinued shortly after.

In all seriousness, I would have liked to have seen where they were going with this angle. It would have been like a passing of the torch to the next Lucha Libre style star in WWE.

Dude its just what we think would have happened. Can't you lighten up. Obviously we couldn't have predicted this. It's just our opinion... Yeesh

Catfish Billy

Reaction score
Dude its just what we think would have happened. Can't you lighten up. Obviously we couldn't have predicted this. It's just our opinion... Yeesh

Rey would have won probably ....

Catfish Billy

Reaction score
Most likely yeah but I still wonder the possibility of sin cara winning...

It would be better if Cara won (hypothetically) for a push, but the WWE just doesn't work like that sadly.

Postman Dave

Reaction score
No heel turn, and I imagine with that in mind it'd be a one-off singles match. The whole aim of it originally was to try and break the record for most masks worn in one place, so I guess the lucha libre heritage and the history behind their masks and traditions would have been the basis of their rivallry.

I imagine Rey would have won. One, having the rookie go over the vet first time is too easy a story to tell, and two, it's Sin Cara. Had he not got injured a SS and just kept botching, I imagine they'd hold off on making him the next masked star until he pulls himself together.

Catfish Billy

Reaction score
No heel turn, and I imagine with that in mind it'd be a one-off singles match. The whole aim of it originally was to try and break the record for most masks worn in one place, so I guess the lucha libre heritage and the history behind their masks and traditions would have been the basis of their rivallry.

I imagine Rey would have won. One, having the rookie go over the vet first time is too easy a story to tell, and two, it's Sin Cara. Had he not got injured a SS and just kept botching, I imagine they'd hold off on making him the next masked star until he pulls himself together.

He'll adjust eventually. You have to remember that he isn't used to facing people as big as WWE wrestlers from his time in CMLL. Also, I read that WWE ropes seem to be much tighter than the ones in CMLL. It seems to be a possible reason as a lot of his botchs are using the ropes.
Give him a year or so, then we'll know. Let's hope that the WWE gives him that much time.

Postman Dave

Reaction score
I hope before they bring him back from injury he actually spends some time in FCW. Not a long time, maybe 3/4 months just to get back into it. He could miss 15 months and still be back for the rumble and the road to WM.