SIG No Salvation - SIG World Championship Finals

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Who Won?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Roadster

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
uUsHwHt
Favorite Wrestler
CVWSrPC
Favorite Wrestler
samoajoe
Favorite Wrestler
ajstyles2
Favorite Wrestler
undertaker
Favorite Wrestler
L1l4tIp
The following contest is scheduled for one fall!...and it is for the SIG World Championship!

(@Aurtle The Turtle) Rio Nakayama vs. Dos Vidas (@DK JAMES)

The rules are as follows:

-Only competitors can post here
-Titantron entrances and on-topic pictures are allowed.
-The first promo must be posted within 24 hours.
-There is a no promo limit.
-Voting will then last for 24 hours after the last promo is posted.​

Reactions: Kross Rhodes

DK JAMES

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
themiz
Favorite Wrestler
johncena2
Favorite Wrestler
akiratozawa
*The crowd waits in anticipation for the first ever SIG world title match when all of a sudden, we see Dos Vidas on the titantron...*

AE3STr5.gif

*He's hyping himself up and doing stretches when someone with a SIG T-Shirt and a headset walks in and knocks on the door.*

SIG worker: Dos Vidas, the World Title match is up. It's time.

*Dos Vidas finishes his stretch and stares at the worker for a moment.*

Dos Vidas: ....who's my opponnent?

*The worker looks down at a clipboard and looks back up at him.*

SIG worker: Rio Nakayama.

*Vidas nods his head but keeps a straight face and begins taping up his wrist.*

Dos Vidas:
Play my music.

*The worker nods and says "cue Vidas music" into a walkie talkie while walking out the door and Vidas follows him a moment after with a smirk on his face. The feed cuts and immediately the camera cuts back into the arena where the lights are all a dim yellow and the music begins to play.*

*The crowd pops as Vidas' music begins to play and once the vocals kick in at 29 seconds, Dos Vidas slowly walks out onto the stage wearing his ring gear with a stern look on his face. He stands at the top of the ramp for a few moments and looks all around the arena and nods before slowly walking down the ramp, ignorning any and all crowd reactions. He hops up on the apron and hops over the top rope and runs over to the far turnbuckle and stands on the very top and spreads his arms out wide before doing a backflip and landing in the center of the ring to a nice cheer from the crowd. The music begins to fade leaving Vidas standing in the center of the ring with a mic in his hand and the world waiting...*

"One man is born a hero....the other a coward. Babies starve and politicians grow fat, the unworthy win and the holy ones lose.....why? Why is it that any time a good person wants to do some good for this world they fall flat, they lose sight of their goal while at the same time a person of bad nature exceeds and is glorified by the media? The evil is blindly praised by you fans, by higher ups, and even by the people that the good man thought he cared about..."

*Clearly angry, he pauses to take a couple breaths and stays looking down at the ground.*

"I'll tell you why.........luck. Blind, unfair, stupid, simple, pointless LUCK!! At the end of the day that's all it really is, man...the good hearted people get handed a bad hand and sure, some of them may make it work, some of them do make it to the top, but they have to fight for every last opportunity they have while the cruel and unworthy get everything handed to them on a silver spoon!... And then they make it to the top and they're idolized...........no more. People like you in this arena i'm sure cheered my opponent tonight in his match, some of you probably cheered him while he embarrassed wrestlers in IWT and helped destroy the company that I was going to be the king of! And he'll probably tell you that he did it for the good of the company or for the good of the fans, he was trying to save everyone from a boring wrestling environment and a dull future..."

*Vidas chuckles momentarily and looks up into the camera.*

"Rio Nakayama is a bad man....he is not here to save us all from nothingness he is here to make everyone but himself SUFFER. And whether he is proud of that or not, whether he agrees with everything I've said to this point, this company does not deserve to start off with a world champion that represents everything that is wrong with wrestling today. This company deserves Dos Vidas....and I deserve to be a un campeón del mundo...a world champion."

*He pauses and most of the crowd claps for his speech but he quickly cuts them off.*

"No! See, I do not care whether you people cheer me or boo me, whether you support me or not, as I am not a good or a bad man, I will align myself with neither word....and do you know why that is? Hm??? You're not LISTENING!!......It's because I sit right in the middle of good and bad, of holy and unholy, so that everything I do in this lifetime is not controlled by LUCK! The word "luck" is not in my vocabulary because everything I accomplish is because of skill and will, because I control my own destiny and the only reason I have yet to be a world champion is because of roadblocks of evil and unworthiness and that is exactly what Rio Nakayama is tonight! A god forsaken roadblock. I will NOT let my destiny be assaulted by the power of luck or the agenda of greed and evil no more....SIG won't reign supreme until the right man is the supreme."

*He lowers the mic and turns his attention to the stage and points at it. He stands there pointing for a couple moments before raising the mic.*

"So....Rio.....come out here...say your peace...tell me you're one of the most dominant wrestlers in IWT history and in wrestling in general, tell me how you're going to KILL me. But the thing is..."

*He lowers his arm and looks back down at the ground and begins to laugh hysterically and pace in the direction of the stage.*

"You cannot kill a man that has dos vidas....you can knock me down once but i'll always be back for more....and tonight....tonight I leave with all my lives in tact. And the world championship...."

*He cracks a small smirk as he lowers his mic and glares intensly at the stage, waiting for Rio.*

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
cmpunk5
Favorite Wrestler
wAjEdMB
Favorite Wrestler
kotaibushi
Favorite Wrestler
DjUmJN2
Favorite Wrestler
05chlfC
Favorite Wrestler
chrishero2

Psycho Killer kicks in to a mix of cheers and boos from the crowd. Rio Nakayama slowly walks through the curtain and onto the stage, his hair and skin wet with sweat from the night's earlier contest. He takes in the crowd reaction for a millisecond before making his way down the ramp and to the ring. He slowly enters through the middle rope, making eye contact with Vidas, it becomes apparent at this time that Rio doesn't have a microphone so he quickly snatches Vidas' from his lowered hand and smiles at Vidas' lack of reaction.

"I don't believe we've met before."

Rio makes an exaggerated confused face at Vidas.

"Yet, you seem to know a lot about me having made several assumptions already about who I am and what I'm capable of. Though that puzzles me too because if you knew what I was capable of then you'd be the first to realize which means that you might have a chance of surviving tonight. I wonder, do you really know?"

Rio takes a single step forward and pressed his forehead into Vidas' mask, staring directly into his eyes for a few seconds before taking the same step back.

"Perhaps not, see Mr.Two Lives, I have had people think that they know me my whole career but they all come to realize that there is a big difference between thinking and knowing. Did you see the events that transpired earlier? I went into a match with three men, each who thought that they were better than me but by the end they came out knowing that I was the better man. However, it's not just the performers whom assume, oh no, the fans are just as guilty, I was the only man in that match earlier that to most fans was not deserving the title of "World Class Performer" and yet I was the only performer who knew what it took to win that match."

Rio once more stares into Vidas' eyes then visibly sighs and pushes past the luchador, Rio goes to the corner adjacent to Vidas and leans against it, back facing him.

"I think you're guilty as well my friend. See, you talk like you know me better than your own family but you go on to claim that I represent everything wrong with wrestling. You couldn't be more wrong, I represent everything right with this business and everything that needs to be changed to make it better. For too long, has the story of the conquering hero existed, you talk about me like I'm some villain that needs to be slain to save Princess SIG but I'm a step away from the fairytale feel good stories of the likes of Luis Ovaldhino, James Dragon and what you aim to become tonight. I am the truth, the one who knows! When the grandstanding before this match is over and the shining entrance lights, the initial roar of the crowd and the championship belt all leave this ring? In comes the cold hard reality that you will be stuck in a square of covered wood flooring between four metal poles and 9 lenghts of rope, from bell ring to bell ring with me. Something you'll learn to fear."

Rio chuckles to himself and covers his mouth for a moment to stifle an even deeper laugh.

"Yeah, I don't think you realize just how far trying to go toe to toe with me will get you up shit's creek but in case you haven't noticed before in your apparent "knowing" of who I am, I ain't exactly a predictable person and as you asked me to say myself, I have built a reputation of being dominant and telling people that 'Rio Kills'."

Rio has to stifle another laugh and then turns to face Vidas, still leaning in the corner.

"See you all think you can read me like a book, you all think but you don't know! 'Rio Kills' doesn't mean that I intend to literally murder you, It means I intend to kill your spirit, your passion for this sport, your ego, your hopes, I want to kill them all because no matter the rubble that remains, at the end of the day? I want to be king of it!"

Rio beams a smile at Vidas.

"And now you'll take this and try to spin it against me, saying what you think about it when you really don't know much about it. You think what I just said is all there is to 'Rio Kills' and my actions in this ring but there is still much for you to learn, for everyone to learn. You lay claim to being the perfect neutral and then talk about crushing the big bad evil named Rio Nakayama to prevent the SIG World Championship from being tainted like you're some hero because you think you know everything but honestly? You barely even know why you're truly here."

Rio sighs.

"Tonight Dos Vidas? I will beat you and knock you down temporarily, then you'll come back for more. Again and again and again again and again again and again! Till either your spirit or body is broken and maybe then you will realize the true meaning of what I say."

"RIO KILLS!"

Rio Nakayama smirks and tosses the microphone at Dos Vidas' feet.

Last edited:

DK JAMES

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
themiz
Favorite Wrestler
johncena2
Favorite Wrestler
akiratozawa
*As soon as the mic hits the ground, Vidas stares at it for a couple moments and then aggresively kicks it and sends it flying out of the ring. He begins pacing around swiftly, breathing heavy and he goes over to a bottom rope and kicks it hard. Without a microphone, he points at Rio and screams at the top of his lungs where the whole arena can hear him.*

"You. will. not. KILL TONIGHT!!!"

*The crowd pops and A ring worker sticks their arm through the ropes with a new microphone and Vidas snatches his from him and raises it to his face immediately.*

"If you knock me down and escape tonight I will be back again and again and again and again and again and AGAIN AND AGAIN AND AGAIN just like you said so I guess we're destined to do this forever, you and I! The first thing you said is that we've never met before but that's a lie! Maybe not in this lifetime, but i'd bet that in every previous life that we could have possibly lived I was beating you each and every time, we die and then we find each other again in another life, and every time I am the man you WISH you could be! That's why you're so desperate to kill my spirit now...you're sick of coming up short every time but tonight it will happen again.....and again and again and again and again...you can kill every wrestler on this roster, you can kill every wrestler on this planet but I will always be the last one on your list raising my World Championship high in the air until you have no other choice than to stop the killing and embrace the fact that this company....this world...no, this universe isn't big enough for the two of us! There is only enough room for two of me....Dos...."

*He gets up right in Rios face like Rio did to him and raises the mic and whispers.*

"Vidas...."

*He pauses to catch his breath and takes a step back from Rio and continues to pace in front of him, never looking away from him.*

"You were right about one thing though, for too long we've been bored with the story of the conquering hero and fairy tale endings. That conquering hero is usually blessed with some luck and a desire to please these people but I am neither blessed by luck or by the support of these fans I am blessed by being Dos Vidas. There's another story that i've seen far too often though, we've also seen enough of the egotistical payaso that thinks he's above every conquering hero and every one else! The one that claims that there's not one man like him, the one that preaches about how he will save this business from mediocrity and usually...that man becomes a champion. But as I told my opponents earlier and as I said in the press conference last week, every time that breed of man has accomplished his goal......there was no Dos Vidas around to ruin his plans..."

*Vidas lowers the mic and just stares at Rio for a couple moments.*

"You are that breed of man, Rio...and I never stood here and claimed to know a damn thing about you, in fact i barely said anything about you, the only direct thing I said about you is that you are a bad man and you've done nothing but prove me right so far. You don't seem to care about that championship gold which is why you do not deserve it, you only care about killing off any competition that ever steps in front of you. I didn't claim to "think" or "know" anything about you, i'm nothing like any opponent you've faced before, i'll learn everything i need to know about you by the way you fight not by the way you speak. I am not here to save the day and be that conquering hero, I am here to fulfill the only goal i've had in life to become a world champion, and if that means I look like a guy trying to save "Princess SIG" from the villain then call me Dos Mario. I do not care...."

"You're obsessed with those words "think" and "know" for whatever reason when i used neither word about you until now. I don't think I can beat you. I don't know I can beat you. I'm not a fool that gets too far ahead of myself but I do know why I am here, I just told you many times so i'll spare you the repeat. What I think is that you will always be nothing more than an IWT TV champion..."

*A small smirk appears across his face then it quickly fades.*

"What I know is that you will not kill Dos Vidas tonight....not tomorrow either, not next week, or in the next life...I will not stop until you do. What I also know is that I don't do this for Mexico, I don't do this for mi familia, I don't do it for these people, at the end of the day I do it for ME. Cause tomorrow I could be dead, we all could, Rio Nakayama could kill us all!....but i'll be going out as a champion of the world....and that would be the end of this everlasting fight between us. Until Dos Vidas lives again."

*He drops his mic right at his side and backs up into his corner and just glares at Rio, waiting for Rio to make a move or say some more, while the crowd cheers at the battle.*

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
cmpunk5
Favorite Wrestler
wAjEdMB
Favorite Wrestler
kotaibushi
Favorite Wrestler
DjUmJN2
Favorite Wrestler
05chlfC
Favorite Wrestler
chrishero2
Rio smiles at Dos Vidas and waits a few seconds before emerging from his own corner and making his way to the center of the ring where Vidas dropped the microphone, he places his right foot on the microphone and just waits, never taking his vision off Vidas for a second. A minute goes by and the crowd is silent, patiently waiting for whatever is about to go down. Another goes by and there are some very noticeable boos from the crowd. A third minute passes and the crowd is ravenous, they boo loudly and chant "boring", Rio smirks and then finally leans down to pick up the microphone to a cheer of relief from the crowd, he leans back up without picking up the microphone to make sure the boos come back and then finally reaches down again to actually pick up the mic.

"This. I could get used to this. I'm not used to playing the villain that these people want me to be or being the ruin of this company like you think I am. Maybe I'll show more of that side of me when I have an opponent worth facing but for now I'll make this short and sweet."

Rio grins from ear to ear at Vidas

"If? You said if I beat you down tonight? Vidas I am going to be frank with you and this is honestly quite the treat that I get to say this for once. You're not as good as you think you are! Now, you can take me saying that two ways, you can take the way of the James Dragon's and the Jack Forte's and never truly live up to your hype and expectations , always being stuck in the middle of the field or you can the Rio Nakayama way and fight you way up, never doubt yourself and punish those whom doubt you! You're almost there my friend, all you have to do is beat the man who invented that way and he's standing right in front of you, he's not the destroyer of legends or of companies like you thought he was! He's just another man, trying to survive another day."

Rio physically wipes the smile off his face.

"However, like I said, you're not that good and you're not one to listen to advice from a true winner and I get where you're coming from! You want to make your own way, with your own rules, you don't need the fans right? Right? All you need is your in-ring ability. Bullshit! Nobody makes it anyplace, anywhere without playing the villain once in a while. Maybe I am egotistical, maybe I am a clown or Payaso as you said, that's cute by the way, the whole heiling back to your country with a few buzzwords in your language despite speaking English for everything else, it's real cute, a great gimmick! See, maybe I am these things but it doesn't mean I won't beat you tonight because I will! You're just another guy talking hot shit and using the same old shit remarks on me!"

Rio begins to use a whiny children voice.

"Rio Nakayama is a bad man! Rio Nakayama, you're apart of the casual crowd and tonight, woah boy, you're gonna find out how unique I really am! Rio Nakayama, you should stay at home and hold onto your IWT TV title because TV champion will all you'll ever really be!"

Rio laughs mockingly and then goes back to his usual rough voice.

"See you think, you all fucking think that you're so goddamn special! I don't think I'm special! I don't think that at fucking all! This whole crusade I've gone on has been all about me trying to prove that I deserve to be where I am standing right now! At the top of a company! But even though I'm here? You're all using the same old shit! Droning on and on about it being destiny, you being some unstoppable force or being some unique once in a lifetime specialty kind of wrestler! You know who all thought these kinds of things? Luis Ovaldhino, James Dragon and James Sloane! They all thought these things and all acted like they were special, the only defining feature you have my friend, the only thing that seperates you from those run of the mill losers, is that pretty little mask!"

Rio eyeballs Vidas' mask and licks his lips.

"Which brings me to my final point! That pretty little mask of yours. Got something to hide? I mean you can't exactly be the FACE of the company with no face right?"

Rio laughs to himself loudly.

"See, I'm so confident that I'm going to have my hand raised in thirty minutes with the belt in the other hand and you're so confident that when I do? You'll keep coming back for more and more and we'll be doing this forever right? Well Vidas, sorry to dissapoint you but I'm sick of you already and if you really do keep coming back no matter what? Oh god, you'd kill me love for this business! How ironic would that be? Right? Vidas, I don't want to do this forever so I'm going to make sure that after tonight? There will only be at maximum! One more encounter between us. Vidas, when I beat you tonight? I'll give you another shot at the SIG World Championship, anywhere and anytime! All I want in return is for you truly risk it all and put one of your two lives on the line! I want that match to be a Title against Mask match and you don't have to say yes now! I'm sure you'll be inclined to agree when I'm standing over you with the belt in my hand!"

Rio flashes a smirk at Dos Vidas.

"Then maybe, when I've beaten for a second time? Maybe you'll realize where I'm coming from, realize why I had to do all that I've done! Maybe you'll have to claw and fight harder than you've ever fought before to truly define yourself from the average guy! Maybe at the time you'll come at me, a new man and beat me! Maybe then..."

Rio walks over to Dos Vidas' corner and stares right into the Luchador's eyes.

"La Cabra Kills!"

Rio grins once more from ear to ear and then whispers in the mic to Vidas.

"Maybe but I can see in your eyes it won't be tonight!"

Rio drops the microphone between them and quickly retreats to his corner, ready to start the fight!

Roadster

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
uUsHwHt
Favorite Wrestler
CVWSrPC
Favorite Wrestler
samoajoe
Favorite Wrestler
ajstyles2
Favorite Wrestler
undertaker
Favorite Wrestler
L1l4tIp

Kross Rhodes

Israel Has the Right to Exist
Reaction score
Website
wrestlingsmarks.com
Favorite Wrestler
emma
Favorite Wrestler
YA1yyED
Favorite Wrestler
frmoJZU
Favorite Wrestler
nock3cf
Favorite Wrestler
danielbryan3
Favorite Wrestler
tLCb5kv
Favorite Sports Team
WYT3shw
Favorite Sports Team
fRXTMaD
Favorite Sports Team
LechI0u
Favorite Sports Team
RHZ7KJg
Quick question: with a no promo limit how do you know when they're done? Do they tell you?

Roadster

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
uUsHwHt
Favorite Wrestler
CVWSrPC
Favorite Wrestler
samoajoe
Favorite Wrestler
ajstyles2
Favorite Wrestler
undertaker
Favorite Wrestler
L1l4tIp
Quick question: with a no promo limit how do you know when they're done? Do they tell you?
Main event's have no promo limit. And yes, they tell me when they're done.

Reactions: Kross Rhodes

Kross Rhodes

Reaction score
Website
wrestlingsmarks.com
Favorite Wrestler
emma
Favorite Wrestler
YA1yyED
Favorite Wrestler
frmoJZU
Favorite Wrestler
nock3cf
Favorite Wrestler
danielbryan3
Favorite Wrestler
tLCb5kv
Favorite Sports Team
WYT3shw
Favorite Sports Team
fRXTMaD
Favorite Sports Team
LechI0u
Favorite Sports Team
RHZ7KJg
Reactions: Roadster

Kross Rhodes

Reaction score
Website
wrestlingsmarks.com
Favorite Wrestler
emma
Favorite Wrestler
YA1yyED
Favorite Wrestler
frmoJZU
Favorite Wrestler
nock3cf
Favorite Wrestler
danielbryan3
Favorite Wrestler
tLCb5kv
Favorite Sports Team
WYT3shw
Favorite Sports Team
fRXTMaD
Favorite Sports Team
LechI0u
Favorite Sports Team
RHZ7KJg
I had to read all the promos one more time as it was so close. It wasn't until the last promo that a winner was visible.

Rio just knocked it out of the park with his second promo. I have to commend Vidas for coming so close to taking it.

Jimmy King

It’s Britney, bitch
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
oAYiXZo
Favorite Wrestler
eAVr0ua
Favorite Wrestler
johncena
Favorite Wrestler
DjUmJN2
Favorite Wrestler
nock3cf
Favorite Wrestler
eIHNFff
Favorite Sports Team
padres
Favorite Sports Team
Zjaonp3
I'll echo what others said, it was close but that second Rio promo was killer.

Solid work from you both to be fair though.

Roadster

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
uUsHwHt
Favorite Wrestler
CVWSrPC
Favorite Wrestler
samoajoe
Favorite Wrestler
ajstyles2
Favorite Wrestler
undertaker
Favorite Wrestler
L1l4tIp
Here's your winner...and NEW SIG World Champion...RIO NAKAYAMA!

Kross Rhodes

Reaction score
Website
wrestlingsmarks.com
Favorite Wrestler
emma
Favorite Wrestler
YA1yyED
Favorite Wrestler
frmoJZU
Favorite Wrestler