Should WWE bring back the jobbers?

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Reaction score
Remember the good old days of WWF? When they built superstars against unknown jobbers? Should WWE do this again and build their young talent? Or do you prefer the newer guys going against known talent? (R-Truth for example)

Reaction score
I don't think there is really that much need of proper jobbers anymore. They have been jobbing out their main talent for years now ever since Heat and Velocity ended really. It could be a good thing though I guess you're right, we wouldn't get good talent buried as much is a possibility, but people probably still wouldn't be getting pushes etc. I suppose jobbing WWE stars gives people more credibility though.

Troy

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
WWE occasionally do use local talent to work as jobbers to get the wrestlers over but it isn't used as often as it was a decade ago. I like the idea of starting someone off against jobbers if the plan is to gradually move them up the card. But if creative have big plans for them right away, like they did for Del Rio, then starting against a household name is the right way to go about it. It is a great way to get someone over without having to book a lot of other wrestlers on the roster to loses to a new talent. It can build them to a good level before challenging the bigger names.

Dod Draper

Reaction score
I agree with what Troy said. For lesser guys who they're moving slowly with, jobbers are fine. For guys who are going to be a big deal, the best way to introduce them is with well known superstars.

I love the way TNA introduced Desmond Wolfe a couple of years ago. I seem to remember him introducing himself to Angle and then turning on him, and then getting the better of him again later that night. He had a lot of momentum until Hogan joined the company and fucked it all up.

EffectsofRaven

Reaction score
Jobbers are good but only good if WWE isn't ready to gamble on a Gimmick getting over simply.

Jobbers is a good way to get over actually, coming to think about it, jobbing has given people "stardom" The Hardys, Mikey Whipwreck & Colin Delnay come to mind when I say such a thing; then you got the Brooklyn Brawler which just makes me laugh, I think having specifically design Jobbers are useful, sometimes you can turn them into stars but eh... You need Heyman or Cornette to make shit like that happen.

rcoot93

Reaction score
it depends on how the jobbers are portrayed and how often there used, some like the Brooklyn Brawler had a lot of heat