Shelton Benjamin Comments on His Time in WWE

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Troy

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
pwinsider said:
"WWE never made me any promises just gave me an opportunity to make money. And I made a lot of money, so (they) fulfilled their end. I am not bitter or scourned and I've got too much pride, passion, and confidence in myself to cry like a baby because i was released. Do I think I should have been a World Champion, HELL YES!, was I underutilized, without a doubt, do I have issue with WWE, NO! I NEED TO BE AWAY FROM WWE so I can grow are a performer. There are many things about that company that SUCK, but i got no time to be crying about it. I am enjoying a good life now and if history serves chances are you haven't seen the last on me in WWE even if I go elsewhere along the way."

Very good comments by Benjamin, he is clearly grateful of the opportunity and doesn't do what most released wrestlers do and throw insults at WWE. Excellent outlook on the situation and I saw good luck to him, I hope that he enjoys his time outside WWE and does eventually come back as a more rounded performer.

What do you think about his comments? What do you think he needs to work on whilst away from WWE? Will he be back? Will he be a world champion?

Prodigy

Banned
Reaction score
Hmm very interesting article here KFC and I certainly think Benjamin has been proffesional with his words. I like how he has said some aspects of wwe suck because they probably do but there is also thanks from Benjamin saying he had a good time there. In my eyes he will be back in WWE soon and not TNA as imo TNA would just kill him completely, world champion though? I wish, but probs not.

Troy

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Yeah I don't seem him going to TNA as it just wouldn't be worth it for him. He can work for ROH and other indies if he wants, and it sounds like he has saved his money which is smart and means he doesn't need to work 200 indy dates a year, and refine his game there. Then WWE will eventually come calling back especially when some more of the big names retire or if quite a few get injured. I think that his chance for the World title has passed him by but you never know these days. How many would have said Kane would hold the title for a few months?

Keith

WCW Halloween Phantom
Reaction score
I think working more dates for ROH would be wise, and then seeing how things are in a years time, the guy is still young and in good health so there is no need for panic. TNA is the last place he needs to be right now.