Sheamus vs Daniel Bryan at wrestlemania 28 for the world heavyweight championship

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Sabretooth

Reaction score
So after last night it looks like this is the match taking place. Any thoughts.

Postman Dave

Reaction score
not necessarily, D-Bry has still gotta get through the Elimination Chamber first. Besides, I find it rather weird that the match booted to the pre show last year would headline this year.

Sabretooth

Reaction score
not necessarily, D-Bry has still gotta get through the Elimination Chamber first. Besides, I find it rather weird that the match booted to the pre show last year would headline this year.

And don't forget the pre show match turned into a battle royal

Hoss

HELL IS NOT A MYTH
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
sting
Favorite Wrestler
stonecold
Favorite Wrestler
chrisjericho
Favorite Wrestler
danielbryan3
Not even a good combination of wrestlers. These two don't seem like they'd have the slightest amount of chemistry working a match together and neither of them are real blockbuster draws yet, so with that in mind, I wouldn't be surprise if they 'Kennedy' the Great White and get someone to swoop in and take the Rumble contract off of him or something like that. I can see Christian returning and getting him to put up his guaranteed shot and then taking it from him so that we get Christian vs. Bryan at WM.

But like Dave said, we don't know that D-Bry will have the gold heading into the big show. Orton or Show or anyone could take it off of him for all we know, but I really hope they don't make him drop it to someone between now and then.

But at the end of the day, there's no telling what kind of things will happen between now and the Chamber and WM. A lot can change, and a lot probably will in all likelihood. It could still be a big Mania, featuring Punk/Jericho, Taker/Kane, Cena/Rock, Orton/Barrett, and whatever WHC match they throw at us (I'm assuming on a couple of these)... I look forward to seeing how things unfold in the coming months. Hopefully whatever World title match they make is worthy of being more than an opener like last year.

Postman Dave

Reaction score
Not even a good combination of wrestlers. These two don't seem like they'd have the slightest amount of chemistry working a match together and neither of them are real blockbuster draws yet, so with that in mind, I wouldn't be surprise if they 'Kennedy' the Great White and get someone to swoop in and take the Rumble contract off of him or something like that. I can see Christian returning and getting him to put up his guaranteed shot and then taking it from him so that we get Christian vs. Bryan at WM.

Woah woah woah EC!

Sheamus & D-Bry have had some great matches in the past when given the opportunity. And while I agree with the "Blockbuster draw" bit, remember that this is a card with Rock/Cena & likely HHH/Taker 2 & Punk/Jericho. It's not going to headline, it's not going to be the main draw, so it's not really a big issue if they ain't super over. It'll simply enhance the undercard, and help get two younger talents over a bit more by having a big match on the big stage.

Fuji Vice

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
stanhansen
Favorite Wrestler
brusierbrody
Favorite Wrestler
rickrude
Favorite Wrestler
randysavage
Woah woah woah EC!

Sheamus & D-Bry have had some great matches in the past when given the opportunity. And while I agree with the "Blockbuster draw" bit, remember that this is a card with Rock/Cena & likely HHH/Taker 2 & Punk/Jericho. It's not going to headline, it's not going to be the main draw, so it's not really a big issue if they ain't super over. It'll simply enhance the undercard, and help get two younger talents over a bit more by having a big match on the big stage.

Yeah, Bryan and Sheamus did have some great matches in the past, which proves the chemistry is there. Add to that the fact that both have gotten more over since last year and are working opposite characters from then and its totally fresh. Plus as Dave said, there are enough marquee matchups at the top of the card that its not a big deal to let them go at it. I fully expect Bryan to sneak out of the EC as champ and face Sheamus at 'Mania, which of course will also make me very happy.

Sabretooth

Reaction score
Well since Daniel Bryan is a heel, I'm sure he will walk out of elimination chamber the champion. But if you were Sheamus who would you want to challenge. Let's be honest you could challenge the little weasel Daniel Bryan for the world title or the cult of personality and the best wrestler in the world cm punk for the more coveted wwe title. I think I know what I would choose

Catfish Billy

Reaction score

Having Christian take the contract would mean that he'd have to turn face (I have no idea how they would do this) as you can't have two heels 'main eventing' WrestleMania. I really wouldn't want him to turn face and if he did, how would he go about getting the match? It would be totally against Sheamus' character to bury the hatchet and give him a match on the spot. Unless, Christian challenged him on SD I can't see any other way. I'd still like to see Christian added in - maybe turn it to a Triple Threat. Of course, this is all hypothetical as there has been no word of Christian returning before 'Mania.

You are right though, Bryan vs. Sheamus won't sell for shit. I don't think they expect the WHC match to be a seller, it'll probably stay at mid card.