Russo speaks

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Deezy

DZ PZ
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
brethart2
Favorite Wrestler
newjack
Favorite Wrestler
ddp
Favorite Wrestler
therock
Favorite Wrestler
nwo
Favorite Wrestler
wolfpac
As is yours based on that response. Your a funny man deezy. Go on I'll bite what do you base that little gem on? I think I have been very fair about your friend Russo. But the evidence backs me up on this one. The attitude era was a long time ago now Russo can't live off that forever. His out put has been terrible since. WCW is no longer around partly because of his vision of wrestling (notice I said partly), and the TNA fans resented his involvement in the company.
What exactly have I said that was warped views? He does get blamed for most of the shit he hasn't had anything to do with in TNA for starters. His actual work time in WCW was 9 months and 3 of those months he actually wasn't on some booking committee. Nobody who wrote stories on WCWs demise even had the journalistic integrity to interview Russo....So yeah, I'll say your evidence is suspect at best.

The guy has faults, everyone does, I listened to him on JRs podcast and laughed my ass off and shook my head at his views on wrestling, but let's not pretend that he is some kind of anti-christ because Cornette says so, that guy just can't keep his name out of his mouth, and people who are supposed to be journalists don't even interview him when it comes to stories about him killing companies.

This is actual evidence that can be backed up.....Keller and Alvarez wrote that Death of WCW book and didn't even have the balls to ask him any questions, Meltzer has never interviewed him. Nobody in any dirtsheet has ever interviewed him when it comes to stories about him, WCW, booking ideas or even TNA....all they did was blame him for every bad idea, and every storyline, even when he wasn't even part of TNA.

One would think a figure so heavily dumped on in the wrestling media would atleast be given the same platform to defend himself right?

The Cork

Banned
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
scottsteiner
Favorite Wrestler
brocklesnar
Favorite Wrestler
carlito
Favorite Wrestler
goldburg
Favorite Wrestler
jakeroberts
Favorite Wrestler
paige
Russo's problem is he is too much of a forward thinker for a slow-ass world like the rasslen business, where pop culture references in the WWE are at least 5 years out of date.

Best thing he ever did was make shows more promo driven, long ass meaningless TV matches might be appealing to smarks but most casuals don't watch for in ring stuff.