Russo speaks

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Deezy

DZ PZ
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
brethart2
Favorite Wrestler
newjack
Favorite Wrestler
ddp
Favorite Wrestler
therock
Favorite Wrestler
nwo
Favorite Wrestler
wolfpac
Never watched OVW.

Saw Smackdown 03-04 and outside of longer matches and better talent to work with, it was still pretty close to what he was doing before that.

Taker getting beatdown, family life brought into shit, making it look like he cheated on his wife like he was Tommy Dreamer and Heyman and Brock were Raven. Edge and Angle goofiness, with Kurt losing hair, wearing a bad wig. Or Brock and Angle "Bro-ing out" backstage. He didn't write much better than Russo, from what I seen. Not saying he sucks or anything, but I just find it odd how Russo and Heyman had very similar things they would do, but one if universally praised and the other is blamed for killing WCW.

Kiffy Lube

Girls Just Wanna Have Fun
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
lowki
Favorite Wrestler
lowki
Favorite Wrestler
lowki
Favorite Wrestler
lowki
Favorite Wrestler
lowki
Favorite Wrestler
lowki
I'll take Heyman's ideas for stables like Triple Threat over garbage like the New Blood or S.E.X. I mean Russo wouldn't even build them up, he'd just have random wrestlers move up the card in that form unless you call havin' Kidman goin' over Hogan as actual character development.

Last edited:

Deezy

DZ PZ
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
brethart2
Favorite Wrestler
newjack
Favorite Wrestler
ddp
Favorite Wrestler
therock
Favorite Wrestler
nwo
Favorite Wrestler
wolfpac
Picking between a Horsemen ripoff or an nWo one isn't exactly apples and oranges.

Also, never said he was a good judge of talent that Heyman is, Russo's problem was picking handicapped horses, thinking people who popped him backstage and genuinely liked would translate on camera.....which we all know doesn't for most people.

Keith

WCW Halloween Phantom
Reaction score
I'll take Heyman's ideas for stables like Triple Threat over garbage like the New Blood or S.E.X. I mean Russo wouldn't even build them up, he'd just have random wrestlers move up the card in that form unless you call havin' Kidman goin' over Hogan as actual character development.

Yeah this. Things happened just for the shake of it under Russo. I respect that he may have been trying to push newer talent in WCW, but he didn't seem to get that it takes time, and also failed to grasp that you can still use the older guys to get them over.

Deezy

DZ PZ
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
brethart2
Favorite Wrestler
newjack
Favorite Wrestler
ddp
Favorite Wrestler
therock
Favorite Wrestler
nwo
Favorite Wrestler
wolfpac
Pushes take time?

What about the cries about Bryan not being mainevent 2 years ago? Or Cesaro not getting pushed to the moon earlier this year?

Keith

WCW Halloween Phantom
Reaction score
^ Yes so you are backing up our point because Russo were just rushing guys to the top like he did with Jarrett.

And Bryan was in main event two years ago because its when he was feuding with Punk.

Last edited:

Chris

Dreams are Endless
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
tLCb5kv
Favorite Wrestler
OEndG4L
Favorite Wrestler
ArsUxsj
Favorite Wrestler
mrperfect2
Favorite Wrestler
eelOIL6
Favorite Wrestler
BryanDanielson1
Favorite Sports Team
sfa
Favorite Sports Team
dallascowboys
Favorite Sports Team
sanantoniospurs
Favorite Sports Team
texasrangers
Main event isn't the same as title picture as we found out during Punk's year long reign.

Reactions: Deezy

Deezy

DZ PZ
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
brethart2
Favorite Wrestler
newjack
Favorite Wrestler
ddp
Favorite Wrestler
therock
Favorite Wrestler
nwo
Favorite Wrestler
wolfpac
^ Yes so you are backing up our point because Russo were just rushing guys to the top like he did with Jarrett.

And Bryan was in main event two years ago because its when he was feuding with Punk.
I'm no Jarrett fan.....but the guy was in the business since 89.....safe to say he was ready by 2000.

Could've said Sanders, O'Haire, Palumbo, Jindrak or even David Flair or Billy Kidman.

Keith

WCW Halloween Phantom
Reaction score
I'm no Jarrett fan.....but the guy was in the business since 89.....safe to say he was ready by 2000.

Could've said Sanders, O'Haire, Palumbo, Jindrak or even David Flair or Billy Kidman.

I know he had been around, but being exposed to different audiences is different to being exposed to the WCW audience.

Deezy

DZ PZ
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
brethart2
Favorite Wrestler
newjack
Favorite Wrestler
ddp
Favorite Wrestler
therock
Favorite Wrestler
nwo
Favorite Wrestler
wolfpac
He was still the IC champ who beat up women in WWF in 99 when they were red hot.....Still a better option than what WCW had at the time.

He still sucked, but it was good enough for WCW.

ninjashoes

Reaction score
Russo does a lot of bad and good. He was partially responsible for the attitude era but takes too much credit.

He is a good writer and understands long term story lines. I feel like the WWE product would be better with him writing but that really doesn't say a whole lot.

I didn't see most of the stuff he did with TNA but booking himself to win the WCW title was just shameless self promotion and there is no way any of us can excuse that.

At the end of the day he is still really talented.

Reactions: The Cork and Keith

Keith

WCW Halloween Phantom
Reaction score
Russo does a lot of bad and good. He was partially responsible for the attitude era but takes too much credit.

He is a good writer and understands long term story lines. I feel like the WWE product would be better with him writing but that really doesn't say a whole lot.

I didn't see most of the stuff he did with TNA but booking himself to win the WCW title was just shameless self promotion and there is no way any of us can excuse that.

At the end of the day he is still really talented.

Well it is nice to have a balance view even if much of it I don't agree with.

Deezy

DZ PZ
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
brethart2
Favorite Wrestler
newjack
Favorite Wrestler
ddp
Favorite Wrestler
therock
Favorite Wrestler
nwo
Favorite Wrestler
wolfpac
Well it is nice to have a balance view even if much of it I don't agree with.
Too bad your view is warped by bitterness and hearsay from gossip queens who write bullshit stories and only hear from people who bring him up anytime he is near a microphone.

Keith

WCW Halloween Phantom
Reaction score
Too bad your view is warped by bitterness and hearsay from gossip queens who write bullshit stories and only hear from people who bring him up anytime he is near a microphone.

As is yours based on that response. Your a funny man deezy. Go on I'll bite what do you base that little gem on? I think I have been very fair about your friend Russo. But the evidence backs me up on this one. The attitude era was a long time ago now Russo can't live off that forever. His out put has been terrible since. WCW is no longer around partly because of his vision of wrestling (notice I said partly), and the TNA fans resented his involvement in the company.