Rumored Top 3 WM Matches

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Sabretooth

Reaction score
Daniel Bryan is a great wrestler but boring

Fuji Vice

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
stanhansen
Favorite Wrestler
brusierbrody
Favorite Wrestler
rickrude
Favorite Wrestler
randysavage
It's not his fault, WWE has made him hard to care about. When he is consistently called a nerd on television how are you supposed to get behind him? If you've ever seen his work in RoH as a heel you'd know he is the farthest thing from boring when working within the confines of a character he enjoys playing.

Cyrus Riddle

Reaction score
It's not his fault, WWE has made him hard to care about. When he is consistently called a nerd on television how are you supposed to get behind him? If you've ever seen his work in RoH as a heel you'd know he is the farthest thing from boring when working within the confines of a character he enjoys playing.

Precisely...they want fans to cheer, but bury him on commentary. You can't make Bryan a star by having Cole hate on him all the time. Bryan in ROH was magnificent.

Fuji Vice

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
stanhansen
Favorite Wrestler
brusierbrody
Favorite Wrestler
rickrude
Favorite Wrestler
randysavage
Precisely...they want fans to cheer, but bury him on commentary. You can't make Bryan a star by having Cole hate on him all the time. Bryan in ROH was magnificent.

I HAVE UNTIL FIVE!!!!!!!!!!!!

Sabretooth

Reaction score
You think I give two shits what Michael cole calls him.

Fuji Vice

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
stanhansen
Favorite Wrestler
brusierbrody
Favorite Wrestler
rickrude
Favorite Wrestler
randysavage

Fuji Vice

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
stanhansen
Favorite Wrestler
brusierbrody
Favorite Wrestler
rickrude
Favorite Wrestler
randysavage

Not really, but then again I've also been watching Danielson wrestle since he began, so my opinion of him is formed of different things. The casual fan doesn't know shit about his work in Japan, RoH, PWG, etc, so them hearing Cole call him a nerd is going to sink in and change their views of him. It's basic conditioning. If you are told someone sucks every day, eventually you are going to believe it.

Cyrus Riddle

Reaction score
Not really, but then again I've also been watching Danielson wrestle since he began, so my opinion of him is formed of different things. The casual fan doesn't know shit about his work in Japan, RoH, PWG, etc, so them hearing Cole call him a nerd is going to sink in and change their views of him. It's basic conditioning. If you are told someone sucks every day, eventually you are going to believe it.

Especially when you add in the fact that he loses more often than wins. People develop a dislike and then write him off, wherein they really don't realize how great he REALLY is.

Cyrus Riddle

Reaction score
It may be, but's it's also a method of subliminal messaging. So, no matter how much you detest Cole, eventually you will look at Bryan negatively based off of the subtle, and sometimes not so subtle, ways that he is looked down upon.

Sabretooth

Reaction score
Especially when you add in the fact that he loses more often than wins. People develop a dislike and then write him off, wherein they really don't realize how great he REALLY is.

yeah I see wwe has him on a losing streak again. Fuckin perfect.

Fuji Vice

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
stanhansen
Favorite Wrestler
brusierbrody
Favorite Wrestler
rickrude
Favorite Wrestler
randysavage

Oh yeah, losing a lot is going to hurt him (not really so much in my eyes but again I am not really a casual fan). I try to imagine if I'd like him at all if I just saw him from the time he started on NXT and I honestly don't know if I would. I mean I'd realize he's great in the ring, but that's as far as it would go. Then if all I heard was Cole bury this guy for being a star in the minor leagues and calling him a nerd I'd have to start buying into it, especially considering its forced down my throat on a weekly basis.

Cyrus Riddle

Reaction score
Had I not seen Bryan in ROH (first time being his triple threat match with Ki and Daniels), I would probably not even care for him if I based my opinion solely on WWE endorsement.