Rumor: Ewan McGregor to be starring starring in three Star Wars spinoff films

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Citan

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
kurtangle
Favorite Wrestler
mickfoley
Favorite Wrestler
ajstyles
http://schmoesknow.com/more-star-wa...wan-kenobi-trilogy-closer-to-happening/38231/

Word around the halls is that Disney is in negotiations with Ewan McGregor for an unknown project. But from a source commenting on some of the more interesting conversations happening behind closed doors, it’s for McGregor to once again transform into the venerable Jedi Master, Obi-Wan Kenobi.

This is nothing new as far as rumors are concerned. The mill has been churning in regards to a stand-alone Obi-Wan story for a while now; reported by the likes of our good and trusted friends over at Screen Rant (via a report by Making Star Wars). In fact, many people and colleagues have been hearing rumblings of Obi-Wan not being done in the Star Wars Universe. And now, according to this source, Disney has been courting Ewan McGregor “not to be a force ghost, but for a post-Episode III Kenobi.†They go on to add they’ve heard from multiple people that Disney wants an Obi-Wan Kenobi TRILOGY of films, outside of the Anthology series. This adds some credence to a past story found at Cinelinx who had previously reported the same rumor.

The obvious idea to start (at least for me), is for McGregor to appear in 2016’s Star Wars Anthology: Rouge One (even though Gareth Edwards ruled out Jedi saying at Star Wars Celebrations: “The absence of Jedi is omnipresent. The characters in the film realize that the “gods†are not coming to save us. It comes down to a group of people who don’t have magical powers who band together to bring hope to the galaxy.â€) Though I wouldn’t discount a cameo appearance, especially considering the teaser trailer featured one of Alec Guinness’s iconic quotes from the original movie. Most likely, I’m sure, it will focus more on the Rebels and their heist, and will more than likely connect to the Star Wars Rebels show than the prequels.

The other option supported by our source is that the film (or films) would focus on Obi-Wan’s adventures between the two trilogies as he watches over a maturing Luke Skywalker. The film(s) would be standalone adventure(s), with the possibility of characters like Owen Lars and Darth Maul appearing.

It definitely seems like Disney would capitalize off of the popularity of McGregor’s performance, and the open time period for the characters adventures. Seeing the transformation of the Kenobi character from the end of Episode II to the wise sage of the original film has a lot of potential, and I’d definitely like to see some closure to the Darth Maul storyline that was left open ended at the end of The Clone Wars. After all, Maul’s return and subsequent expansion in Clone Wars is now ‘canon.’ So it could work.

That’s the big one there; and an idea many fans would most likely get behind. Whether it’s true or not remains to be seen. With Cinelinx and the other mentioned sites commenting, where there’s smoke, there is fire…

Of course, deals will have to be made; stories will have to be written. A lot could go wrong before it goes right. So for now, this is speculation on the sources’ part.

If true, then I'm in. McGregor should have been given much more screentime in the prequels.

Fuji Vice

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
stanhansen
Favorite Wrestler
brusierbrody
Favorite Wrestler
rickrude
Favorite Wrestler
randysavage
Yeah, he's fine as Kenobi and all, but three more movies? I'm not sure why people don't realize that the more of this there is, the less exciting it's going to be. There's only so much cash grabbing I can take, and the mouse is really starting to approach my breaking point.

Apoho Creed

I'm the Doctor
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
OZO8olA
Favorite Wrestler
Y2tTaaf
Favorite Wrestler
q9gbHdQ
Favorite Wrestler
zPa7dqi
Favorite Wrestler
m4aw1gh
Favorite Wrestler
oLvrzSU
Favorite Sports Team
hPPsgSL
Favorite Sports Team
hlbgCD9
Favorite Sports Team
guuKKYL
Favorite Sports Team
Um6oxIS
If their was positives about the prequels, one of them was Ewan McGregor as Obi. He's going to be older, and probably by the last film they might really need to age him to look close to Kenobi of New Hope. I mean I already had interest in the spin offs already, now hearing this really makes me want to see the flicks down the line.

Fuji Vice

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
stanhansen
Favorite Wrestler
brusierbrody
Favorite Wrestler
rickrude
Favorite Wrestler
randysavage
I guess I'm the only person who feels a less is more approach is the better call here. Eh, whatever, it's not like I'm not going to watch the movies or anything, I just have trouble with the fact that none of them are going to feel really special if there's two or three being released every year.

Postman Dave

Reaction score
I do agree with you Fooj, the new one is still 6 months away and we're already discussing the next 7/8 films

Citan

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
kurtangle
Favorite Wrestler
mickfoley
Favorite Wrestler
ajstyles
If I was in charge of the upcoming Star Wars cinematic Universe , I'd make sure the laughing thing from Return of the Jedi gets his own standalone film.

[video=youtube;X-Y6YfDBmh8]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=X-Y6YfDBmh8[/video]

Sabretooth

Reaction score
Seems like they're making a cinematic universe out of everything. Hopefully they don't fuck this up