Round 2: Quadrant 4 Matchup 1

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Better Signature Move

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Franco

Reaction score
I never said you were a jerk through, it just seems a bit lazy to me, and maybe you should not be voting if you have not seen both moves. You would not have to watch lots of matches just one, or maybe even just find the move.

I'd vote Jake's DDT over pretty much any move so it doesn't matter. And on page 1 I'm a jerk for voting Jake over a move that has no link to even attract someone unaware of its existence.

PHX

Legacy Member
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
cmpunk2
Favorite Wrestler
adamcole2
Favorite Wrestler
ajstyles2
Favorite Wrestler
braywyatt
Favorite Wrestler
dx
Favorite Wrestler
samoajoe
Favorite Sports Team
n1QhWSb
Favorite Sports Team
osX2DVG
DDT a simple move but a pretty over and timeless move.

Kiffy Lube

Girls Just Wanna Have Fun
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
lowki
Favorite Wrestler
lowki
Favorite Wrestler
lowki
Favorite Wrestler
lowki
Favorite Wrestler
lowki
Favorite Wrestler
lowki
It was me that called you a jerk, Franco. Don't attack others for that.

I just don't like the fact that you pretty much refuse to look into the history of the something just for the sake that it may take time. If you want to know as much about wrestling as possible and have your opinion taken seriously you should take everything into account. You should have just said that Jake Roberts' DDT was just one of your favorite moves on the first page and nothing more if you didn't want to be called out for a lack of knowledge.

Franco

Reaction score
It was me that called you a jerk, Franco. Don't attack others for that.

I just don't like the fact that you pretty much refuse to look into the history of the something just for the sake that it may take time. If you want to know as much about wrestling as possible and have your opinion taken seriously you should take everything into account. You should have just said that Jake Roberts' DDT was just one of your favorite moves on the first page and nothing more if you didn't want to be called out for a lack of knowledge.

Why are you bothered, I did the initial search, nothing showed up and posted the same thing I saw posted above me. Pardon me for not wasting time over a random move. I'm almost 100% positive that you would've posted the link to the move just to prove your point, but its obviously harder to do so than to write a quick line from your high horse.

Heaven forbid I don't have your stamp of approval on my posts or choices.

Deezy

DZ PZ
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
brethart2
Favorite Wrestler
newjack
Favorite Wrestler
ddp
Favorite Wrestler
therock
Favorite Wrestler
nwo
Favorite Wrestler
wolfpac
Thanks troll. I know you don't actually think this because I have read you praising them in another thread.

Who did I praise? Never thought much of Cornette and old threads would reflect that. And meat and potatoes is praise from me, southern rasslers were phony as fuck and employed the most rediculous in-ring psychology I've ever seen.

And which incarnation of the Express is this? Condry? Lane? Eaton? Jack Victory? All of them were pretty lame, but I liked the combop of Lane/Eaton, but I didn't think they were very good heels, because of all the top rope shit they did. Who is going to boo highflyers? It never made sense, and they never looked like a physical threat to teams like The Roadwarriors or the Volkoffs.

Kiffy Lube

Girls Just Wanna Have Fun
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
lowki
Favorite Wrestler
lowki
Favorite Wrestler
lowki
Favorite Wrestler
lowki
Favorite Wrestler
lowki
Favorite Wrestler
lowki
Why are you bothered, I did the initial search, nothing showed up and posted the same thing I saw posted above me. Pardon me for not wasting time over a random move. I'm almost 100% positive that you would've posted the link to the move just to prove your point, but its obviously harder to do so than to write a quick line from your high horse.

Heaven forbid I don't have your stamp of approval on my posts or choices.

I'm actually stopped being bothered before it exploded on page 2 and you started going off again that people don't need to know their past if they don't want to.

Reactions: 1 person

Chris

Dreams are Endless
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
tLCb5kv
Favorite Wrestler
OEndG4L
Favorite Wrestler
ArsUxsj
Favorite Wrestler
mrperfect2
Favorite Wrestler
eelOIL6
Favorite Wrestler
BryanDanielson1
Favorite Sports Team
sfa
Favorite Sports Team
dallascowboys
Favorite Sports Team
sanantoniospurs
Favorite Sports Team
texasrangers

zigglerHEEL

Reaction score
for those that don't know, both Scott and I (since I submitted the move) searched and searched for video of it and couldn't find any which is why there was no video in the first or second round..... The move consisted of Stan Lane holding the opponent perpendicular to his body at his waist while Bobby Eaton climbed to the top and did a leg drop onto the opponent while Stan Lane added extra force by simultaneously slamming the guy to the ground.... All that said, Jake Roberts' DDT should win this round and gets my vote....... Oh and I feel old knowing I saw this move live many many many times and some of you have never even heard of it

We Are Legion

║▌║█║▌||| ║▌║▌█ ║█║║▌||
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
stonecold2
Favorite Wrestler
ricflair
Favorite Wrestler
jbl2
Favorite Wrestler
randysavage
Favorite Wrestler
nwo
Voting for the single greatest DDT of all time.

Gimmick

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
danielbryan2
Favorite Wrestler
hhh
Crap, voted for the Veg O' Matic by mistake. At least the DDT already has this won.

The New F'n Show

Reaction score
If I'm an elitist the you are just ignorant.

I also I don't know why Scott didn't just post a match, I wish he would have done that.
Oh how dare I not spend hours googling matches for a simple poll. How ignorant of me...

for those that don't know, both Scott and I (since I submitted the move) searched and searched for video of it and couldn't find any which is why there was no video in the first or second round..... The move consisted of Stan Lane holding the opponent perpendicular to his body at his waist while Bobby Eaton climbed to the top and did a leg drop onto the opponent while Stan Lane added extra force by simultaneously slamming the guy to the ground.... All that said, Jake Roberts' DDT should win this round and gets my vote....... Oh and I feel old knowing I saw this move live many many many times and some of you have never even heard of it

As stated, I wanted to but I spent about two hours watching ME matches on YT and couldn't find one with it used. So I guess I'm ignorant :ARN:

Anyway DDT was more iconic and made me mark, so while it was really close, I went DDT.

Last edited:

Chris

Dreams are Endless
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
tLCb5kv
Favorite Wrestler
OEndG4L
Favorite Wrestler
ArsUxsj
Favorite Wrestler
mrperfect2