1. Welcome to the Wrestlingsmarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Dismiss Notice

Indy Wrestling ROH TV Discussion

Discussion in 'Independent Wrestling' started by Troy, Apr 7, 2013.

1. Troy

Troy POP! POP!

wherestroy
    wherestroy
    wherestroy
    wherestroy
    wherestroy
    wherestroy

Are they planting the seeds for a Mark Briscoe heel turn? He gets a TV title shot at Border Wars so if he loses there he could start resenting Jay for being able to beat Steen and win a singles title. Cole vs. Jay at Border Wars should be good but after reading these results it seems like Jay will retain the title there.

Wonder if Steen is just turning face or will be gone from ROH for a bit. They have done well utilising Matt Hardy here as a key member of SCUM, fans were always going to boo him and I like that stipulation for the tag team match at Border Wars. I see SCUM winning there so that Hardy gets the title shot and Corino becomes colour commentator.

Sound like some good shows, this SCUM vs ROH is working out well.

2. AZUCAR!

AZUCAR! Best In The World

I don't see there being a Jay vs Mark feud for the title. Mark will lose at Border Wars for sure. SCUM will beat Elgin & Lethal too. Corino on commentary all the time would be awesome. And ROH teasing an Adam Cole heel turn is awesome. His heel work in PWG has been awesome so far.

3. Gimmick

Gimmick Childish Tycoon

danielbryan2
    hhh
    I really hope this doesn't mean Steen will be taking a break. It'd be good to see them get right into a SCUM vs Steen feud, instead of leaving it until later in the year.

It'll also be interesting to see what they do with the two Briscoes. If Mark loses at Border Wars then it'd be another sign pointing towards a heel turn, with Mark getting jealous that he couldn't beat either Steen or Taven for their titles, yet Jay could do it at Supercard. I could be wrong though, they could also go for a Eddie/Davey BITW type match either.

The tapings look pretty good. I'll check out Anderson/Elgin and Davey/O'Reilly when they come out.

4. The New F'n Show

The New F'n Show Man, Myth, Legend

Corino on commentary would be so much win. I'm interested mostly for that. The whole tapings look pretty solid though.

5. Andrew

Andrew Well-Known Member

chrisbenoit2
    princedevitt
    sethrollins
    ajstyles2
    johncena2
    ricochet
    Steen is scheduled for an Australian/Japan/Europe tour in June. He'd be off TV for a bit I'd assume but looking at all of this is awesome.

Will be watching thats for sure, Cliff Compton!

6. Rated R Superstar

Rated R Superstar Well-Known Member

I'm really enjoying this group known as SCUM. Just great.

7. Troy

Troy POP! POP!

wherestroy
    wherestroy
    wherestroy
    wherestroy
    wherestroy
    wherestroy
    NOTE: Making this the default ROH TV Thread. We had a thread last year for it but we will try again with it to see if it works. Will try to keep it updated.

Apparently this could be the last appearances of the Briscoes in ROH for sometime. I presume that the ROH World Title will be vacated if he is gone and they will set up a tournament for it. Wonder what will become of the SCUM members now that they have to disband?

8. Keith

Keith Well-Known Member

Am going to make an effort to watch this every week at least for awhile.

Just seen last weeks show.

The opener was hit and miss, Ciampa is impressive, QT Marshall not so much.

Enjoyed Bannett's promo, thing is he could be of more value to WWE than he is to ROH.

The Tag Title match was fantastic, C&C Factory look very promising, love their style, look and range of moves. The match really flowed with some awesome spots and the action on the outside actually added to the drama.

9. Weez

Weez Active Member

I've been watching weekly for a couple months now, and I can't say I've wanted to stop. I loved the Tag match as well. While C&C are fantastic, I really dig reDRagon. O'Reilly and Fish are fantastic, and really pull off that technical heel tag team.

I was on their site and Like that "Ringmaster's Challenge" match their having soon with Strong and Cole. I love the concept of the match and those two will BRING it lol. It's a 3 stages of hell. 1st match is Pinfalls online, 2nd is Submission and 3rd is a 15 min Iron man match. If all tied after that, it's sudden death, next decision wins. It's not reinventing the wheel or anything, and easily something I can replicate in WWE'13's Universe mode for my ROH show, just adds a wrinkle

10. Rated R Superstar

Rated R Superstar Well-Known Member

Well I'm slightly bummed out about this SCUM thing, I hope they figure out how to keep it going as I really enjoy the faction.

11. Keith

Keith Well-Known Member

What do people think about Corino on commentary? At first I found him a bit annoying but after I while he got more entertaining.

12. Gimmick

Gimmick Childish Tycoon

danielbryan2
    hhh
    I think he's pretty good overall. He can be pretty hit and miss at times, but I think he's much better to listen to than Kevin Kelly.

It's a shame he won't be used now that SCUM have disbanded.

13. Weez

Weez Active Member

I think he's got a future in it, if he wants it. The guy's enough of a name to get a shot at it, and I think he's doing well with it. I'm with you on it Keith. I wasn't too big a fan at first, as it was ALL SCUM ALL THE TIME, but eventually, when he started the heel color guy thing where he begrudgingly gives props to the faces that are impressive, kinda went a little more moderate? It was gold. Great talker.

14. Keith

Keith Well-Known Member

Oh I like Kelly, was a fan of his in WWF as well. The guys a natural storyteller and always seems to put thought into his work. I think he and Corino make a good pairing.

15. Gimmick

Gimmick Childish Tycoon

danielbryan2
    hhh
    Sounds like a good taping. Very surprised to see Forever Hooligans win the tag belts, they must have a fairly relaxed schedule in NJPW for them to be given the belts in ROH. It's a shame reDRagon weren't given a longer reign, I think they're a fantastic tag team.

1 person likes this.