ROH coming to DEST AMERICA

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

SAIYANS

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
batista2
Favorite Wrestler
dx
Favorite Wrestler
johncena
Favorite Wrestler
therock
Favorite Wrestler
undertaker
Favorite Wrestler
trishstratus
Seriously, I will fucking LOL hardcore if TNA ends up on the WWE Network. It's such an outside shot that it's unlikely, but if DA really does cancel TNA, they'll be so desperate that the price point would be cheap. Vince loves cheap.
Trips would probably try to buy them out and create one more touring brand

Kiffy Lube

Girls Just Wanna Have Fun
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
lowki
Favorite Wrestler
lowki
Favorite Wrestler
lowki
Favorite Wrestler
lowki
Favorite Wrestler
lowki
Favorite Wrestler
lowki
WWE should buy them out and then just keep guys like Roode and Aries tellin' the rest to fuck off.

Deezy

DZ PZ
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
brethart2
Favorite Wrestler
newjack
Favorite Wrestler
ddp
Favorite Wrestler
therock
Favorite Wrestler
nwo
Favorite Wrestler
wolfpac
Aries 8D

Get that failed CM Punk clone far away from my tv.

Lashley, Roode, Magnus and Zema Ion are the inlays ones worth grabbing who isn't Tessmacher.

SAIYANS

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
batista2
Favorite Wrestler
dx
Favorite Wrestler
johncena
Favorite Wrestler
therock
Favorite Wrestler
undertaker
Favorite Wrestler
trishstratus
WWE could probabaly make dough off LAshley, Kurt, the Hardys, Brooke, Tiffany, Velvet, Bubba, Anderson, Beer Money, and mvp since their tna deals shouldn't be even as much as the likes of many mid carders get or even some legend deals. They would make out ahead keeping them locked in most likely to their old deals

Could flesh out three touring brands that way

Weez

Reaction score
Trips would probably try to buy them out and create one more touring brand

Yes, like I said.. thus " the price point would be cheap." WWE isn't renting airspace. They're in acquisitions. lol

Deezy

DZ PZ
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
brethart2
Favorite Wrestler
newjack
Favorite Wrestler
ddp
Favorite Wrestler
therock
Favorite Wrestler
nwo
Favorite Wrestler
wolfpac
Not really sure how WWE could monetize TNAs library. Other than showing what some of their guys were doing there. I don't think people like Sting, Hogan, Flair, Christian, RVD etc...would want those unearthed.

Maybe they buy it to burn.

Jay

Reaction score
Lets put it this way - If WWE wanted ANY of TNA's talent, they would have gotten it by now. The best thing would be for Jeff Jarrett to buy the contracts of good workers from TNA and bring them to GWF.

Deezy

DZ PZ
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
brethart2
Favorite Wrestler
newjack
Favorite Wrestler
ddp
Favorite Wrestler
therock
Favorite Wrestler
nwo
Favorite Wrestler
wolfpac
Jeff Jarrett has a name for a company and nothing else. He has no real business partners other than some kind of minor baseball team.

I'm tired of people seemingly forgetting that Jeff Jarrett had as much to do with TNAs ineptitude as everyone else. He wasn't some kind of business genius, he just got everyone he knew to invest in the company, they never made a profit during those weekly PPV days and it was Dixies dad Bob Carter who paid for the airtime on fox sports that got them the Spike deal.

Jarrett isn't some game changer, shit, if anyone in TNA wants a better option, they try everything they can do to go to ROH or New Japan.

Weez

Reaction score
Lets put it this way - If WWE wanted ANY of TNA's talent, they would have gotten it by now. The best thing would be for Jeff Jarrett to buy the contracts of good workers from TNA and bring them to GWF.

You're thinking too much about "Wrasslin'" and not thinking like a business. If Destination America cancels TNA, and can't get any more bites on a tv deal, and Panda Energy sees the writing on the wall and wants to offload it, it's only great business sense for Vince to buy the company, and most importantly the library of over a decade now of the "Number 2" promotion in the US, for pennies on the dollar of the value.

Do you think there was a REAL financial market for Vince picking up AWA's library not too long after picking up WCW? Fuck no, but no one ELSE can make money off of it either. Your share of the "Wrasslin Business" is secure. For Vince to pickup the TNA brand, there are a few legit TNA Loyalists that will get WWE Network subs to watch that crap. And anyone wanting to see said content off a wild hair or what have you has to have the Network.

Much like I said above, it also ensures no OTHER promotion is able to pick up TNA either. The thought of a TNA/ROH merger might be enough market share for those number crunchers in Stamford to take notice and throw out what amounts to a very small sum to ensure ROH's new TV deal is as big as it gets.

Jay

Reaction score
Jeff Jarrett has a name for a company and nothing else. He has no real business partners other than some kind of minor baseball team.

I'm tired of people seemingly forgetting that Jeff Jarrett had as much to do with TNAs ineptitude as everyone else. He wasn't some kind of business genius, he just got everyone he knew to invest in the company, they never made a profit during those weekly PPV days and it was Dixies dad Bob Carter who paid for the airtime on fox sports that got them the Spike deal.

Jarrett isn't some game changer, shit, if anyone in TNA wants a better option, they try everything they can do to go to ROH or New Japan.

Jeff JArrett might only have a "name" for a company, he's also got money. No matter what anyone says, as of right now, GFW can be a game changer. It can be a flop, that doesnt matter. TNA was at it's best on Spike TV when Jeff was in charge of creative...Maybe Jeff isn't the best business man, but he can at least put together a decent TV Show...

You're thinking too much about "Wrasslin'" and not thinking like a business. If Destination America cancels TNA, and can't get any more bites on a tv deal, and Panda Energy sees the writing on the wall and wants to offload it, it's only great business sense for Vince to buy the company, and most importantly the library of over a decade now of the "Number 2" promotion in the US, for pennies on the dollar of the value.

Do you think there was a REAL financial market for Vince picking up AWA's library not too long after picking up WCW? Fuck no, but no one ELSE can make money off of it either. Your share of the "Wrasslin Business" is secure. For Vince to pickup the TNA brand, there are a few legit TNA Loyalists that will get WWE Network subs to watch that crap. And anyone wanting to see said content off a wild hair or what have you has to have the Network.

Much like I said above, it also ensures no OTHER promotion is able to pick up TNA either. The thought of a TNA/ROH merger might be enough market share for those number crunchers in Stamford to take notice and throw out what amounts to a very small sum to ensure ROH's new TV deal is as big as it gets.

I disagree with me thinking about "Wrasslin"...I'm thinking business. Unless WWE can get TNA for $500,000, I don't see Vince going for it. The 500,000 people who watch TNA on the regular probably already have WWE Network.

The reason why Vince bought WCW (other than to close the doors) was because MILLIONS of people tuned into Nitro. If WCW drew the numbers that TNA did, I guarantee you that Vince would have never bought the library. Or atleast, if I were Vince I wouldn't.

Deezy

DZ PZ
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
brethart2
Favorite Wrestler
newjack
Favorite Wrestler
ddp
Favorite Wrestler
therock
Favorite Wrestler
nwo
Favorite Wrestler
wolfpac
Jeff JArrett might only have a "name" for a company, he's also got money. No matter what anyone says, as of right now, GFW can be a game changer. It can be a flop, that doesnt matter. TNA was at it's best on Spike TV when Jeff was in charge of creative...Maybe Jeff isn't the best business man, but he can at least put together a decent TV Show...

I disagree with me thinking about "Wrasslin"...I'm thinking business. Unless WWE can get TNA for $500,000, I don't see Vince going for it. The 500,000 people who watch TNA on the regular probably already have WWE Network.

The reason why Vince bought WCW (other than to close the doors) was because MILLIONS of people tuned into Nitro. If WCW drew the numbers that TNA did, I guarantee you that Vince would have never bought the library. Or atleast, if I were Vince I wouldn't.
What money does Jarrett have? His savings from being in Bullet Club? He hasn't announce who his partners were. He hasn't even come out with a business plan or TV marketing strategy.

What exactly makes him a game changer? Speculation and hopefulness?

He's trying to make a pilot with a few guys who work everywhere and there is no guarantee that anyone is going to pick GFW up.

Also, WCWs audience wasn't absorbed by WWF when they bought them. And most if not damn near that entire TNA Audience already watch WWE and every other wrestling show on TV.

Jay

Reaction score
What money does Jarrett have? His savings from being in Bullet Club? He hasn't announce who his partners were. He hasn't even come out with a business plan or TV marketing strategy.

What exactly makes him a game changer? Speculation and hopefulness?

He's trying to make a pilot with a few guys who work everywhere and there is no guarantee that anyone is going to pick GFW up.

Also, WCWs audience wasn't absorbed by WWF when they bought them. And most if not damn near that entire TNA Audience already watch WWE and every other wrestling show on TV.

Jeff wouldn't be able to book the venue he has without some sort of money. Plus, the Jarrett family is extremely wealthy.

And again, I said Potentially a game changer. Which is very much true. It can potentially be amazing or fail miserably. But just because he doesn't have TV right now, doesnt mean he won't eventually. Doesn't mean he hasn't talked to networks. Rumors a while back were that Toby Keith was an investor (who is almost a billionaire) and CMT was interested in getting back into the Wrestling game.

Im sure if BHE got involved, Spike TV might be interested since LOVE Eric.

No, WCWs audience wasn't absorbed by WWE....however there are much more people willing to buy the Monday Night War DVD or the Rise and Fall of WCW DVD than anyone would want to watch the Crash and Burn of TNA DVD. I just don't see how Vince would want to buy TNA.

In all reality, I think Panda Energy would just close TNA and then do whatever they thought WWE would do with heir tape library. You also have to remember, WCW had more than just the WCW tapes to their name. They had Georgia Championship and Crocket tapes as well. There is money.

The AWA tapes had legecy and grace and when WWE got the right and put together DVDs for them, there were still people wanting to buy AWA stuff.

However, I could be wrong and Vince could just be waiting for TNA to leave DA and fold. I am a believer that TNA can survive as a product with their internatiol deals. I think the UK and Asian markets can keep TNA functional.

Deezy

DZ PZ
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
brethart2
Favorite Wrestler
newjack
Favorite Wrestler
ddp
Favorite Wrestler
therock
Favorite Wrestler
nwo
Favorite Wrestler
wolfpac
Booking a small time arena isn't exactly bookin the Garden.

A couple of grand and you have a few days.

Toby Keith or Hermie Sadler are not going to risk their respective fortunes for a sure thing money loser like an upstart rasslin company.

All they have on the table is a pilot and nothing else.

Kiffy Lube

Girls Just Wanna Have Fun
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
lowki
Favorite Wrestler
lowki
Favorite Wrestler
lowki
Favorite Wrestler
lowki
Favorite Wrestler
lowki
Favorite Wrestler
lowki
I've been a hopeful IWC supporter of GFW because I think it's a cool idea. I don't want to get into the business portion of the company but it's pretty clear they are havin' trouble gettin' a deal. So it's hard to think it's gonna along how Jeff Jarrett would like it. I'm not gonna lose sleep for TNA. 2.0 since this is a reboot if you ultimately break it down. I'd rather this talent joined NXT and tried to prove they belong on WWE's roster.

Weez

Reaction score
So, you're saying a little under half of WWE's 1.3 million subscribers are regular, faithful TNA supporters? I think that estimate is WILDLY over generous.

I'm not talking about the cross over numbers. Let's talk True Believer TNA fans, taht don't watch WWE for whatever reason. Let's be realistic and consider that number at 5,000. If THOSE people subscribe, that's $50,000 Extra revenue a month, $600,000 a year. For just 5,000 subscribers. That is before the WWE Machine starts to put their spin on things, building MORE subscribers by offering an entirely NEW brand on the Network for people to see exclusively there.

Would that be worth it to buy the living promotion and keep it going? Probably not. WOuld it be worth it for the library of thousands of MORE hours of exclusive content on the network? Yeah, most likely.