Ring of Honor signs with Destination America!

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Lover Boy

Certified
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
adamcole
Favorite Wrestler
d6hYDrE
Favorite Wrestler
ZIF7zVA
Favorite Sports Team
2JJnnx8
BREAKING: @RingOfHonor is coming to Destination America! Wednesday, June 3 at 8/7c!
Taken from @DestAmerica on Twitter

CGB0ktUWIAAL7BE.jpg

Postman Dave

Reaction score
Was their Twitter hacked?

Holy fuck if true though. Whole thing just seems a bit.....odd.

Kross Rhodes

Israel Has the Right to Exist
Reaction score
Website
wrestlingsmarks.com
Favorite Wrestler
emma
Favorite Wrestler
YA1yyED
Favorite Wrestler
frmoJZU
Favorite Wrestler
nock3cf
Favorite Wrestler
danielbryan3
Favorite Wrestler
tLCb5kv
Favorite Sports Team
WYT3shw
Favorite Sports Team
fRXTMaD
Favorite Sports Team
LechI0u
Favorite Sports Team
RHZ7KJg
This appears to be true as Christopher Daniels has sent out his own tweet confirming the news and various news sheets are verifying the initial tweet as well. Sounds like Ring of Honor is finally reaping the rewards of Impact's failure.

This couldn't come at a better time for me as I just recently decided to five Ring of Honor another chance. I've caught up on most of the current 2015 shows, and quite bit of New Japan, and their product is blowing TNA away. I'm glad I've decided to come back to ROH as it looks like it's about to take off.

About time ROH gets the love it deserves. I'll definitely be following ROH from now on. Good luck.

Postman Dave

Reaction score
And just like that, ROH becomes the number 2 wrestling company in North America, & TNA is officially on death row.

This is brilliant for ROH. For all the news of DA having a big hand in the decision making in TNA, ROH is save from that, as they don't need DA's funding and as it's a syndication they're still okay should the worst happen.

The true genius of all this is going out literally just before TNA, & having a bunch of their former talent in their company. Still salty about the departure of AJ Styles TNA fan? Here he is, along with Christopher Daniels, Kazarian, Jay Lethal, Chris Sabin & potentially Samoa Joe (which just makes this whole thing even more insane).

Holy crap, what a day for professional wrestling.

Sabretooth

Reaction score
We'll ain't that some shit? I've seen some ROH and now this gives me an excuse to watch it

Krisis

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
chrisjericho
Favorite Wrestler
kofi
Favorite Wrestler
johncena2
Favorite Wrestler
rtruth
Favorite Wrestler
zackryder
Favorite Wrestler
sheltonbenjamin
Favorite Sports Team
dallascowboys
DESTINATION AMERICA TO AIR RING OF HONOR WRESTLING
BY MATT FOWLER

A very curious development is happening over at Destination America, current home of TNA's Impact Wrestling, as the network just announced that it has has signed a national broadcast deal with professional wrestling league Ring of Honor, acquiring the rights to ROH's weekly television programming.

So what does this mean for the TNA's Impact Wrestling show? A show that was at the heart of some serious cancellation rumors last week? Well, per the press release, Destination America is "now the one-two-punch to professional wrestling, adding ROH to its line-up after launching Impact Wrestling in early 2015."

So ROH will now also air on Wednesday nights, before Impact Wrestling, beginning June 3rd. Thus creating a big three-hour block of wrestling to go up against NXT on the WWE Network and Lucha Underground on El Rey.

"With the electric and intense matches that Ring of Honor provides, Destination America is the network for fans to get an entire evening of jaw-dropping entertainment on Wednesday nights,â€￾ said Marc Etkind, general manager of Destination America. “Ring of Honor showcases tenacity, athleticism and passion and it serves as the place where America’s favorite wrestling stars are born.â€￾

“We are very excited to be partnering with Destination America for the broader distribution of the ROH programming,â€￾ commented Joe Koff, Chief Operating Officer - Ring of Honor Wrestling. “ROH will now reach an additional 57 million households including those in New York City, Los Angeles, Chicago, Philadelphia and other large cities where Ring of Honor is not currently airing. ROH has a loyal fan base and is one of the fastest growing major wrestling franchises in the country. With this great partnership with Destination America, we can continue to expand our footprint and reach while producing entertaining, original content and continuing to provide wrestling fans some of the best wrestling content available.â€￾

The first ROH episode featured on Destination America will have the Briscoe Brothers, Mark and Jay, facing off against the House of Truth in the main event.
- IGN

Lover Boy

Certified
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
adamcole
Favorite Wrestler
d6hYDrE
Favorite Wrestler
ZIF7zVA
Favorite Sports Team
2JJnnx8
Got my fingers crossed that this move really works out for ROH.

Seen a little bit of ROH over the years but not too much, some of the talent that they have there is brilliant though. Gotta hope this TV deal gives them more exposure and they can just keep doing what they're doing.