Report: Lesnar wants out of UFC, seeking Wrestlemania deal

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

SAIYANS

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
batista2
Favorite Wrestler
dx
Favorite Wrestler
johncena
Favorite Wrestler
therock
Favorite Wrestler
undertaker
Favorite Wrestler
trishstratus
At the same time, you get over it if you are a top guy like Cena, Orton, HHH, and so on because of the paycheck you can cash in for working a main event or series of main events with him.

Dale

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
ui9LmS7
Favorite Wrestler
Y06mUrE
Favorite Wrestler
EtPxwR9
Favorite Wrestler
eAVr0ua
Favorite Wrestler
GDgC9g9
Favorite Wrestler
zPa7dqi
"Brock vs Mayweather in all honesty. The two greatest fighters and draws in their respective sports going one on one at WrestleMania." in a pre-determined match. How un-interesting =/

PHX

Legacy Member
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
cmpunk2
Favorite Wrestler
adamcole2
Favorite Wrestler
ajstyles2
Favorite Wrestler
braywyatt
Favorite Wrestler
dx
Favorite Wrestler
samoajoe
Favorite Sports Team
n1QhWSb
Favorite Sports Team
osX2DVG
I think Brock coming back period no matter what is already gonna rub some guys the wrong way because of how he left. That may be why Taker has some issues with him. So don't think it'd make a difference if he was part time or not cause he is already gonna have heat on him the minute he walks back into that locker.

SAIYANS

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
batista2
Favorite Wrestler
dx
Favorite Wrestler
johncena
Favorite Wrestler
therock
Favorite Wrestler
undertaker
Favorite Wrestler
trishstratus
If Lesnar faces Taker everyone knows the outcome, yet they will pay to watch it. Everyone knew the outcome of Mayweather vs Big Show but they paid to watch it and the spectacle leading to it. They would pay for that match, predeterminwed outcome and all.

SAIYANS

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
batista2
Favorite Wrestler
dx
Favorite Wrestler
johncena
Favorite Wrestler
therock
Favorite Wrestler
undertaker
Favorite Wrestler
trishstratus
I think Brock coming back period no matter what is already gonna rub some guys the wrong way because of how he left. That may be why Taker has some issues with him. So don't think it'd make a difference if he was part time or not cause he is already gonna have heat on him the minute he walks back into that locker.

Who is left from the locker room that he walked out on?

Taker, HHH, Orton, Cena, Edge, Big Show, Kane, and Rey at most.

Most guys weren't there to formulate an opinion on him so I can't really see it being that much of a problem, especially since those 8 guys who were there are all professionals and gain the most from facing him.

PHX

Legacy Member
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
cmpunk2
Favorite Wrestler
adamcole2
Favorite Wrestler
ajstyles2
Favorite Wrestler
braywyatt
Favorite Wrestler
dx
Favorite Wrestler
samoajoe
Favorite Sports Team
n1QhWSb
Favorite Sports Team
osX2DVG
Yeah I think they'd put their differences away but pretty sure they won't like it at first. I remember HHH kind of having an issue about how Brock left, and Cena probably will too just cause he apparently isn't a fan of mma in the first place and then we know how he feels about Rock of course. But wouldn't stop them from working together.

Baller

Reaction score
If Lesnar faces Taker everyone knows the outcome, yet they will pay to watch it. Everyone knew the outcome of Mayweather vs Big Show but they paid to watch it and the spectacle leading to it. They would pay for that match, predeterminwed outcome and all.

Terrible example. nobody paid to see that match.

PHX

Legacy Member
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
cmpunk2
Favorite Wrestler
adamcole2
Favorite Wrestler
ajstyles2
Favorite Wrestler
braywyatt
Favorite Wrestler
dx
Favorite Wrestler
samoajoe
Favorite Sports Team
n1QhWSb
Favorite Sports Team
osX2DVG
Despite some of Pysch's jocking of Mayweather in that case Mayweather did actually draw for them and got a lot of pub.

SAIYANS

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
batista2
Favorite Wrestler
dx
Favorite Wrestler
johncena
Favorite Wrestler
therock
Favorite Wrestler
undertaker
Favorite Wrestler
trishstratus
Terrible example. nobody paid to see that match.

Mayweather got their ratings and buys up from the lows that they were getting after Benoit and Signature. Before WM25, that was the highest grossing Mania for them at the time (replacing 23 with Trump which everyone knew the outcome of before hand) and they got press on every major sporting and news outlet. They made so much money off of him for themselves and Orlando that Orlando tried to bring them back.

PHX

Legacy Member
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
cmpunk2
Favorite Wrestler
adamcole2
Favorite Wrestler
ajstyles2
Favorite Wrestler
braywyatt
Favorite Wrestler
dx
Favorite Wrestler
samoajoe
Favorite Sports Team
n1QhWSb
Favorite Sports Team
osX2DVG
Update on the situation.

- MMAFighting.com's Ariel Helwani tweeted earlier today regarding Brock Lesnar's ability to appear at WrestleMania:

"UFC boss Lorenzo Fertitta says flatly Lesnar cannot participate in WWE event. 'He's under exclusive contract with us.'"

UFC's stance would also seemingly rule out a special guest referee role for Lesnar.

Rush

Banned
Reaction score
^ pretty sure i said the exact same thing on WF. Dana flat out won't release Brock from his contract. Sad to hear this though, Brock's just wanting to take the pussy way out b/c he can't take a punch.

PHX

Legacy Member
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
cmpunk2
Favorite Wrestler
adamcole2
Favorite Wrestler
ajstyles2
Favorite Wrestler
braywyatt
Favorite Wrestler
dx
Favorite Wrestler
samoajoe
Favorite Sports Team
n1QhWSb
Favorite Sports Team
osX2DVG
I think the only way he could get out is a buyout but even then I think that would be tough to pull off I believe.

SAIYANS

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
batista2
Favorite Wrestler
dx
Favorite Wrestler
johncena
Favorite Wrestler
therock
Favorite Wrestler
undertaker
Favorite Wrestler
trishstratus
I get what you are saying, but you can't blame a guy for wanting to go out on top and not as a shell of themselves (Ali).

I also get why Dana would never let Brock go. He is their cash cow and what got them the public attention they have now. It would be stupid business to let him walk, let alone walk back to the company that made him a draw in the first place and is the only one who can steal some of your buys regularly.

I think the only way he could get out is a buyout but even then I think that would be tough to pull off I believe.

That would probably be high as hell depending on the length of his deal.

I don't think Brock has the balls to flat out ignore Dana and risk litigation for himself and Vince.

Baller

Reaction score
Brock has one fight left on his deal PSYCH.

Rush

Banned
Reaction score
He's got one fight left on his deal. He could've got back in the gym and had a fight before WM, left and got his payday.

Instead he's being a little bitch since losing to Cain, realises that he has a lot more work to become a complete MMA fighter and he can't hack it.