Rep

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Should we have rep?

• Yes but with rules and restrictions to prevent abuse of the system.

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Yes bring it back with the rules and restrictions and reset it everyone starts with a low fair amoun

• No don't bring rep back.

• Total voters

Reaction score
Have it back, with rules. Rep is also a way of telling people that they can improve on their posts.

Vegeta

The Wanted Man
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
chrisjericho
Favorite Wrestler
MOLAnG4
Favorite Wrestler
edge
Favorite Wrestler
homd3TG
Favorite Sports Team
gLxCq87
Favorite Sports Team
WrE8t1L
Favorite Sports Team
lurU13l
Favorite Sports Team
HHst8yg
with rules cause that way its not all fucking crazy

Doomsday

Reaction score
If I voted no... Italian Outsider's no vote would automatically be cancelled out.
DXM.JPG

xtremebadass

Reaction score
Rep is an alternative to judge members other that actually reading their posts on the forum, to some people.

Without rep there is nothing else to hold a member to except his or her posts, which is how it should be. I don't want rep back, it started out great, but it just went downhill either by people abusing it or making a game out if it, which is not it's intended use.

maty619

Reaction score
What's the difference between the first and second ones, they both say bring it back with rules, the second one says reset but I assume you'd have to do that anyway :S. Anyways, rep FTW!

Reaction score
As a member for a few years now, I've seen the best and worst of rep. Not having it at all is a way of telling people they're just here to talk and have fun.

Axis

Reaction score
The rep system is counterproductive, assuming the goal is substantive discussion. The only people that take it seriously are immature posters of low quality, and the system does not encourage them to improve. Further, it's used by quality posters to antagonize awful posters. While it does bring the lulz, it isn't good for the long-term benefit of the poster.

Bottom line: rep discourages posting.

G 3

Reaction score
Don't bring it back. All it creates are people wanting to have the highest rep to look cool, so they start giving rep to everybody expecting rep back. I agree with Axis rep does discourage posting, if someone likes/dislikes the post they can reply to it saying what the like/dislike, same with shoutbox.