Reggae star Buju Banton appeals drug conviction

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Fuji Vice

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
stanhansen
Favorite Wrestler
brusierbrody
Favorite Wrestler
rickrude
Favorite Wrestler
randysavage
MIAMI (AP) -- Grammy-winning reggae star Buju Banton claims in an appeal of his federal drug conviction there was not enough evidence to prove he was involved in a cocaine conspiracy.

The appeal filed Friday by attorney David O. Markus also says Banton was relentlessly pursued by a federal informant seeking a $50,000 government payday. Markus says that resulted in improper entrapment.

Banton, whose real name is Mark Myrie, is serving a 10-year prison sentence following his February conviction on cocaine conspiracy and trafficking charges. A related gun charge was tossed out by a judge.

Banton is extremely popular in his native Jamaica and won a Grammy for his latest album shortly before his drug conviction.

It will likely be months before the Atlanta-based 11th U.S. Circuit Court of Appeals issues a decision.

What's really crazy is I didn't even know he had been busted or was already in jail. I guess he's not walking like a champion right now.