#Raw Thread: New Day aims to break major record in Raw Tag Team Title Triple Threat to kick off Raw

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Kross Rhodes

Israel Has the Right to Exist
Reaction score
Website
wrestlingsmarks.com
Favorite Wrestler
emma
Favorite Wrestler
YA1yyED
Favorite Wrestler
frmoJZU
Favorite Wrestler
nock3cf
Favorite Wrestler
danielbryan3
Favorite Wrestler
tLCb5kv
Favorite Sports Team
WYT3shw
Favorite Sports Team
fRXTMaD
Favorite Sports Team
LechI0u
Favorite Sports Team
RHZ7KJg
So if they lose tonight or in a few weeks what's the difference
Having to deal with this whole argument. It wouldn't have happened had they lost tonight. Now it'll always be a thing.

Sabretooth

Reaction score
Having to deal with this whole argument. It wouldn't have happened had they lost tonight. Now it'll always be a thing.

You started the argument by saying that they should have lost. It just doesn't make sense to build up breaking the record for this long to have them lose it on the last night. Idk what you have against the new day but they deserve this with the work they've put in.

AND it would be disrespectful to real tag teams to have non tag teams beat new day. Yeah I know Jeri KO are a team but they've been helping each other in singles competition and Rollins and Reigns are focused on singles titles.

Last edited:

Kross Rhodes

Reaction score
Website
wrestlingsmarks.com
Favorite Wrestler
emma
Favorite Wrestler
YA1yyED
Favorite Wrestler
frmoJZU
Favorite Wrestler
nock3cf
Favorite Wrestler
danielbryan3
Favorite Wrestler
tLCb5kv
Favorite Sports Team
WYT3shw
Favorite Sports Team
fRXTMaD
Favorite Sports Team
LechI0u
Favorite Sports Team
RHZ7KJg
You started the argument by saying that they should have lost. It just doesn't make sense to build up breaking the record for this long to have them lose it on the last night. Idk what you have against the new day but they deserve this with the work they've put in.
This argument is what I have against The New Day.

Kross Rhodes

Reaction score
Website
wrestlingsmarks.com
Favorite Wrestler
emma
Favorite Wrestler
YA1yyED
Favorite Wrestler
frmoJZU
Favorite Wrestler
nock3cf
Favorite Wrestler
danielbryan3
Favorite Wrestler
tLCb5kv
Favorite Sports Team
WYT3shw
Favorite Sports Team
fRXTMaD
Favorite Sports Team
LechI0u
Favorite Sports Team
RHZ7KJg

Kross Rhodes

Reaction score
Website
wrestlingsmarks.com
Favorite Wrestler
emma
Favorite Wrestler
YA1yyED
Favorite Wrestler
frmoJZU
Favorite Wrestler
nock3cf
Favorite Wrestler
danielbryan3
Favorite Wrestler
tLCb5kv
Favorite Sports Team
WYT3shw
Favorite Sports Team
fRXTMaD
Favorite Sports Team
LechI0u
Favorite Sports Team
RHZ7KJg
Why is it a crime to push a team so heavily?
It's a crime when other tag teams are being stifled at their expenses. My biggest problem is why it's being done. In a few months no one will even remember this accomplishment and WWE will never change their title history to reflect it. It's like Randy Orton being the youngest World Champion in WWE history. It's barely ever mentioned anymore and it's barely even true. He's not the youngest WWE World or Universal Champion. So keeping the belts on New Day for 478+ days is rather useless. I just hope we can eventually move them before it's too late to do something with SheaSaro and The Club.

Drew

Reaction score
I really don't get the hate for the New Day. It's not like there were a bunch of better tag teams to give the belt to for most of their reign.

Actually, they've helped reestablish the tag division and make it the strongest it's been in years.

They'll lose the belts soon I'm sure...don't understand why it matter if it was tonight or next week.

Reactions: Vegeta and Andrew

Sabretooth

Reaction score
It's a crime when other tag teams are being stifled at their expenses. My biggest problem is why it's being done. In a few months no one will even remember this accomplishment and WWE will never change their title history to reflect it. It's like Randy Orton being the youngest World Champion in WWE history. It's barely ever mentioned anymore and it's barely even true. He's not the youngest WWE World or Universal Champion. So keeping the belts on New Day for 478+ days is rather useless. I just hope we can eventually move them before it's too late to do something with SheaSaro and The Club.

No one is being stifled. To do a long run then other teams have to lose. Boo hoo. In a kayfabe WWE, the other teams just have to put on good matches with the new day and their fine. The reign is not gonna last forever and the team that breaks it will get a huge push. And it doesn't matter what wwe puts on their stupid website. It's being promoted that they're breaking the record. As far as not remembering it, I disagree. Obviously when a champion loses the title the universe has to move on but that doesn't mean they should never do long runs. Randy's title reign was 12 years ago and it actually still mentioned. I can't guarantee the New Days run will be mentioned in 2028 but it won't be forgotten any time soon.

Kross Rhodes

Reaction score
Website
wrestlingsmarks.com
Favorite Wrestler
emma
Favorite Wrestler
YA1yyED
Favorite Wrestler
frmoJZU
Favorite Wrestler
nock3cf
Favorite Wrestler
danielbryan3
Favorite Wrestler
tLCb5kv
Favorite Sports Team
WYT3shw
Favorite Sports Team
fRXTMaD
Favorite Sports Team
LechI0u
Favorite Sports Team
RHZ7KJg
No one is being stifled. To do a long run then other teams have to lose. Boo hoo. In a kayfabe WWE, the other teams just have to put on good matches with the new day and their fine. The reign is not gonna last forever and the team that breaks it will get a huge push. And it doesn't matter what wwe puts on their stupid website. It's being promoted that they're breaking the record. As far as not remembering it, I disagree. Obviously when a champion loses the title the universe has to move on but that doesn't mean they should never do long runs. Randy's title reign was 12 years ago and it actually still mentioned. I can't guarantee the New Days run will be mentioned in 2028 but it won't be forgotten any time soon.

It does matter what they put on their website because that's where they house their records! If it were a real record, it would be recorded on there. I can't remember the last time anyone mentioned that Orton was the youngest World Champion in WWE history, but again, it wouldn't matter. Just like with New Day, his record isn't for either of the World Titles being worn by Kevin Owens or AJ Styles. The youngest WWE World Champion is Brock Lesnar. I don't know or care who's younger between Finn Balor and Kevin Owens. You don't have to do long reigns. SummerSlam would have been sufficient. They would have broken the real record of 334 days and beaten that to make a full year with the belts. No need to drag it out another four months.

Last edited:

Sabretooth

Reaction score
It does matter what they put on their website because that's where they house their records! If it were a real record, it would be mentioned on there. I can't remember the last time anyone mentioned that Orton was the youngest World Champion in WWE history, but again, it wouldn't matter. Just like with New Day, he's record isn't for either of the World Titles being worn by Kevin Owens or AJ Styles. The youngest WWE World Champion is Brock Lesnar. I don't who's younger between Finn Balor and Kevin Owens. You don't have to do long reigns. SummerSlam would have been sufficient. They would have broken the real record of 334 days and beaten that to make a full year with the belts. No need to drag it out another four months.

Talking about the reign on tv is enough though. You don't get that just because the tag titles technically aren't the same doesn't mean they didn't break the record. Wwe wouldn't have done it if they didn't think so. As far as Orton goes, yeah you're not gonna remember specific references and not specifically he's tag champ so they won't mention it. If he gets back into the world title picture they'll mention it.

Kross Rhodes

Reaction score
Website
wrestlingsmarks.com
Favorite Wrestler
emma
Favorite Wrestler
YA1yyED
Favorite Wrestler
frmoJZU
Favorite Wrestler
nock3cf
Favorite Wrestler
danielbryan3
Favorite Wrestler
tLCb5kv
Favorite Sports Team
WYT3shw
Favorite Sports Team
fRXTMaD
Favorite Sports Team
LechI0u
Favorite Sports Team
RHZ7KJg
I really don't get the hate for the New Day. It's not like there were a bunch of better tag teams to give the belt to for most of their reign.

Actually, they've helped reestablish the tag division and make it the strongest it's been in years.

They'll lose the belts soon I'm sure...don't understand why it matter if it was tonight or next week.

Any of the teams challenging for the belts last night were perfectly sufficient for the job.

Kross Rhodes

Reaction score
Website
wrestlingsmarks.com
Favorite Wrestler
emma
Favorite Wrestler
YA1yyED
Favorite Wrestler
frmoJZU
Favorite Wrestler
nock3cf
Favorite Wrestler
danielbryan3
Favorite Wrestler
tLCb5kv
Favorite Sports Team
WYT3shw
Favorite Sports Team
fRXTMaD
Favorite Sports Team
LechI0u
Favorite Sports Team
RHZ7KJg
Talking about the reign on tv is enough though. You don't get that just because the tag titles technically aren't the same doesn't mean they didn't break the record. Wwe wouldn't have done it if they didn't think so. As far as Orton goes, yeah you're not gonna remember specific references and not specifically he's tag champ so they won't mention it. If he gets back into the world title picture they'll mention it.
In no sport other than wrestling would anyone claim you could break a record for a belt you didn't even hold. If WWE believed it, it would be reflected on their actual title history website. I don't care to do this all night. This is why I wanted New Day to lose. All I know is New Day can say they are the tag team to hold any tag team title longer than anyone else in WWE history. If they want to say that, more power to them. I hope you agree with that last statement. I'm going to watch a movie now.

Sabretooth

Reaction score
In no sport other than wrestling would anyone claim you could break a record for a belt you didn't even hold. If WWE believed it, it would be reflected on their actual title history website. I don't care to do this all night. This is why I wanted New Day to lose. All I know is New Day can say they are the tag team to hold any tag team title longer than anyone else in WWE history. If they want to say that, more power to them. I hope you agree with that last statement. I'm going to watch a movie now.

I'm already watching a movie SO THERE.

Reactions: Kross Rhodes