1. Welcome to the Wrestlingsmarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Dismiss Notice

Raw staying. ..Smackdown going?

Discussion in 'WWE News & Rumors' started by Deezy, May 17, 2018.

1. Deezy

Deezy Well-Known Member

brethart2
    newjack
    ddp
    therock
    nwo
    wolfpac
    They're getting a billion dollars....fuck the house show schedule.

Make em work Mondays, Wednesday Fridays and Sunday....there I fixed it.

2. Kairi HoHo

Kairi HoHo Prince of Joshi

Don't forget guys Fox might be owned by Disney all goes through, so WWE might under the Disney Umbrella soon imagine the thought of that.

3. Deezy

Deezy Well-Known Member

brethart2
    newjack
    ddp
    therock
    nwo
    wolfpac
    Disney just buys everything......stay away from WWE.

Only McMahons can make money promoting this shit.

4. Drew

Drew Well-Known Member

No it won’t. They already own ABC. Big Fox, Fox Sports 1, and Fox News will stay with Fox. All they’re getting is their library and studios and content from 21st Century Fox.

It’s not allowed to own more than 1 over the air channel and a monopoly on news/sports stations like that.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

5. Chris

Chris It's me, it's me

The 20th Century Fox to Disney deal hasn't even been fully approved yet, everyone's just expecting it to so yeah even if Disney did try to buy the rest of Fox it'd be years before it went through if it did at all

Deezy likes this.
  6. Keith

Keith Well-Known Member

Too depressing for words. Another death nail in wrestling's coffin.

What say you Corny?

So funny that this could actually be a good deal for ROH. Didn't even think of that!:D

7. Admin Post
    Dale

Dale Is Best For Business

emma
    randyorton
    mickiejames2
    therock
    lita3
    kofi
    I don't see what you see. Please explain to me how a company getting 1 BILLION DOLLARS is a death nail??

Chris likes this.
  8. Chris

Chris It's me, it's me

I didn't even know there was a coffin with how global WWE has became and NJPW on it's way as well

Cwalker likes this.
  9. Deezy

Deezy Well-Known Member

brethart2
    newjack
    ddp
    therock
    nwo
    wolfpac
    The final nail in whatever you considered pro wrestling was driven in along time ago.

Today's business is doing just fine, MLW has a tv show, ROH is still on Sinclair (an even more evil corporation than WWE could possibly be) and New Japan making moves stateside....not to mention a super indie card just sold out a 10k arena.

And can I add.....it's not "wrestling"....it's professional wrestling....wrestling is a sport....pro wrestling was never a sport....no matter what the old con men of the day would try tell you.

10. Keith

Keith Well-Known Member

Because I'm speaking about the business in general not just Vince's bank balance. Apart from Vince who else cares about his bank balance? The more money he and WWE get with a lack of opposition to challenge it is bad because it means WWE can remain in its comfort zone and not be pushed to produce better TV. Like anything else a monopoly on a product is bad for everyone. Netflix is a good thing in entertainment because the model is a good alternative for the fans/consumers and because it has broken up the Hollywood/big studio monopoly. Now Hollywood is faced with the threat of being left behind so it'll have to step up and come up with original concepts and to slim their budgets. Everyone wins. In this case only a few greedy people win. None of the fans want an extra hour of wrestling on TV a week.

11. Admin Post
    Dale

Dale Is Best For Business

emma
    randyorton
    mickiejames2
    therock
    lita3
    kofi
    Go read Deezys post on the other promotions that seem to be still doing very well despite WWE's global dominance. Progress and ICW, the two UK promotions are set to start airing on the WWE Network shortly aswell which is another positive for the business. What I don't get though is the vibe you give off that the WWE is the only option out there because all the other promotions are so far underground you can't find them

Deezy likes this.
  12. Deezy

Deezy Well-Known Member

brethart2
    newjack
    ddp
    therock
    nwo
    wolfpac

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Last edited: May 30, 2018